Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

special offers from sky tv

• 13-01-2011 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

for the last two years , ive gotten a call from sky , asking if id like to take advantage of a half price special offer on both sky movies and sky sports ( dont have either package , just basic pack ) , last year i got all the sky sports chanells and all the sky movies chanells for 20 euro per month for three months , i then went back to my regular package

anyway , i was wondering if theese offers are purely random in terms of when they come round or has anyone been offered a reduced package deal of late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

random unless you ask them. i got the same and then cancelled and they didnt offer anything else for me. you have to keep at them for more offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

random unless you ask them. i got the same and then cancelled and they didnt offer anything else for me. you have to keep at them for more offers.

seriously , you can haggle for a deal with sky ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You can try, you'd be no worse off if they said no.
    Some people do get offers, others don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Sky do seem to allow this, got a free dish and engineer call out before, just cause I said it wasn't worth us paying the engineer when I could easily set up an FTA system and cancel sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

yep you need to keep at them and they will offer you stuff. if your not happy just say you want to cancel and they will always throw you some sort of deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Rang sky up last week threatening to cancel. I have sky+ with one of the packs(variety I think) for 16 euro per month. normal price is 30 euro.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Widescreen

The real price for that package is €23 per month ,still €16 a month saves you €7 a month. how long is that deal for?

Advertisement