Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convection Oven Good or Gimmick?

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I was looking at one of these on a shopping channel tonight.
    Like everything on the shopping channels,it looks great. Sometimes you get it home and after a few days it ends up in a press. Does anybody have one and can they recommend it?
    Its only 40 euro in Aldi the weekend.

Product_detail_Wk3S9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Dust collector I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think it's only be useful if you were living alone and didn't have a real oven.
    Also, those things are so bright I'd say you'd have to wear sunglasses when you're in the same room - seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I have one, I love it!

Bought it about a year ago, paid around 90 for it, bought a second one for my father. Great for certain things, won't do a family size meal but will roast a chicken very well or great for small quantity of oven chips, sausages, fish portions or any frozen item you might heat in the oven. Brilliant Christmas Day as extra oven for roast potatoes as it cooks very quickly and browns/crisps very well.

I use it to make scones, brilliant for that as can be done very quickly as requires no preheating, can make half dozen scones quicker than going to shop. Not great for any other baking as bottom does not really cook right.

Saw them in Tesco few weeks ago for €28. Was tempted to buy another one, they do take up a bit of room, I keep it in utility room but just put it on kitchen counter when I want to use it for something I need to keep an eye on.

Great for anyone living alone who doesn't want to heat up full oven for something small.

Advertisement