Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi fuel gauge reading zero!

• 13-01-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Never had a problem Ive had my audi 2004 1.9tdi for nearly two years, During the cold spell, it hit -17 one night and when I got up and started the car in the morning all the lights were flashing, everything else went back to normal but the fuel gauge never came right, I have went to a garage but the didn't know what the story was so I am going to take it to someone else just wondering if anyone has any ideas on whats wrong and how much it will cost to fix.. thanks in advance:):)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

If the trip computer is still showing "xxx miles" on the display and if it updates itself when you add fuel, then the sender-unit in the fuel-tank is still working so it may just be a fuse for the fuel gauge itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flo2009

If the trip computer is still showing "xxx miles" on the display and if it updates itself when you add fuel, then the sender-unit in the fuel-tank is still working so it may just be a fuse for the fuel gauge itself.

It is clocking up the miles, this is the only way im working out when I need to fill up :) The actual pin never moves even when I fill up

thanks for quick reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

The fuel guages on the B6 A4 wouldn't be the best anyway.most likely a sender or acutal cluster issue either way its not gonig to be cheap to diagnose.have you tried getting the car scanned with VCDS to see if any fault codes are logged in the cluster.

Advertisement