Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

component over SCART on lidl stb.

• 13-01-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

playing with my silvercrest sl 65 the other night and i came accross an option to output in component video, did a bit of googling since the box has no component out and it turns out it will output component through the scart socket on the box with a special type of scart to component cable or adaptor.

I have 2 questions related to this.

can a standard sky digibox do the same?
    what resolution will the silvercrest box output with? I know i cant recieve hd channels with it but even being able to get a progressive scan output would be a lot nicer than the RGB scart output on my hdtv.

given that there is only about 3 fta hd channels so far im not too bothered with switching to a hd box yet, might even pick up a dm500 clone if it can also do component in this way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

to answer my own question, built the cable, works beautifully with the lidl box not a peep with the sky box, thats good enough for me anyhow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

cant say i agree with that watty, the picture if definitely less grainy over component. i noticed an immediate difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Then you must have Composite rather than RGB scart. There is no difference with RGB.
    Note that
    not all SCART cables are wired for RGB
    Not all SCART inputs do RGB (usually only one on a TV)
    RGB /Composite is a separate menu item of setbox

hmm, its a sky digibox supplied scart lead, only 1 scart socket on the TV, its a fairly new HDTV with a load of hdmi ports,no pins missing from it from what i can see, not sure then but it is definitely better over component

• Advertisement
Advertisement