Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options
  • 13-01-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

No dates but Zane Lowe is finally good for something:

"QOTSA to play several shows in special venues across the UK pre summer to support the re-release of their debut album on Domino Records."

"No further details re QOTSA shows. But they will draw heavily on the debut album. All part of the celebration around the Domino re-release."

So eh, yeah a re-release of s/t and some shows:D Certainly going to be fricking awesome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And for added pleasure, here is the re-mastered Regular John.

http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/news/13-01-11/domino-and-josh-hommes-label-rekords-rekords-join-forces/

Will finally hear it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Do you think an Irish date will be included?? I have been waiting since I was about 12, 13 to see QOTSA. I would go to the UK if I had to, but being a broke college student, an Irish date will be a lot handier!

Do you think an Irish date will be included?? I have been waiting since I was about 12, 13 to see QOTSA. I would go to the UK if I had to, but being a broke college student, an Irish date will be a lot handier!

In all honesty I can't see Ireland being included. QotSA tend to play Europe a lot, but their Europe is UK, Germany, maybe France if they lucky. From the sounds of it, it'll be special venues ie. Academy would be big for the tour:eek: Would love for them to play there though.

England can be done cheap enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    No dates but Zane Lowe is finally good for something:

No, sorry, this man is good for NOTHING:mad:

No, sorry, this man is good for NOTHING:mad:

Haha anyone who announces a QotSA gig is a good man for something to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

can't see them playing Ireland either.I was fortunate enough to see them at Brixton on the songs for the deaf tour ,met Josh at the stage door and got a pic and brief chat.
    Almost as good was Nick Olivieri playing with Mark Lanegan at Katy Dalys in Belfast on Marks Bubblegum tour .Nick did 'love song' from the songs for the deaf--it was an amazing gig anyway but that just topped it off.

Think I'd rather go see the reforming Kyuss anyway although Josh is opting out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

They played in Belfast as part of their last uk tour. So I think there is a good chance of them playing there again.

You mean straight after their 2 sold out shows in the Ambassador? That was a proper European tour. Bar last summer, they did a UK tour at the tail-end of 2007 that was only Germany and UK, saw them at Bristol on that leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

You mean straight after their 2 sold out shows in the Ambassador? That was a proper European tour. Bar last summer, they did a UK tour at the tail-end of 2007 that was only Germany and UK, saw them at Bristol on that leg!

Didn't also play at Oxegen in 2007? Had a headline spot in one of the tents and pulled a huge crowd. Hopefully there will be an Irish gig this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

can't see them playing Ireland either.I was fortunate enough to see them at Brixton on the songs for the deaf tour ,met Josh at the stage door and got a pic and brief chat.
    Almost as good was Nick Olivieri playing with Mark Lanegan at Katy Dalys in Belfast on Marks Bubblegum tour .Nick did 'love song' from the songs for the deaf--it was an amazing gig anyway but that just topped it off.

Think I'd rather go see the reforming Kyuss anyway although Josh is opting out

I was at that gig in Belfast. Saw them the previous night in the Ambassador..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Prayer circle for an Irish gig. I need to see them again. I'd love if they played at Oxegen too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nommm wrote: »
    Prayer circle for an Irish gig. I need to see them again. I'd love if they played at Oxegen too.

Yea i could see them doing Oxegen aswell maybe under Foo Fighters or 2nd stage headliners

I'll become a devout Catholic if they play Oxegen :p I'm pretty sure I'll go this year, but if someone like Queens got announced it'd just confirm it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

nommm wrote: »
    Yea i could see them doing Oxegen aswell maybe under Foo Fighters or 2nd stage headliners

Oh god that would be brilliant.

Didn't also play at Oxegen in 2007? Had a headline spot in one of the tents and pulled a huge crowd. Hopefully there will be an Irish gig this year.

yeah they did two ambassador nights and belfast and oxegen the summer beforehand. Did the uk/germany tour inbetween too.

Praying they do soni and not oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I would say/hope the chances of Oxegen would be pretty high, especially with Foo's headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

And for added pleasure, here is the re-mastered Regular John.

http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/news/13-01-11/domino-and-josh-hommes-label-rekords-rekords-join-forces/

Will finally hear it live.

They played it at Slane a few years ago. It was immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

John wrote: »
    They played it at Slane a few years ago. It was immense.

Do you remember how loud they were compared to everyone else that day? I think it was PJ Harvey on beforehand and Foo Fighters after and if their volume was at 8, Queens was up at about 12. Best performance of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Do you remember how loud they were compared to everyone else that day? I think it was PJ Harvey on beforehand and Foo Fighters after and if their volume was at 8, Queens was up at about 12. Best performance of the day!

Ha I was at that gig too and I remember vividly standing there while the intro (drums) of "Millionaire" was being played and then BANG!!!! when the rest of the band kicked in it was soooooo loud and Nick was screaming his head off. F**kin' brilliant!

Hope they don't do a festival and just do their own gig in the Olympia or something. Immense band live.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Anybody remeber when they played the main stage at Oxegen?think it was in '04 or '05?They played a great set or when they supported Linkin Park in the RDS few years back with Coheed and Cambria?Think they were promoting Era Vulgaris at the time.I never heard such bad sound at a gig in my life and the fact that they were supporting such crap as Linkin Park made it even more bewildering although it was great to see them again!

• Advertisement

I saw them in the RDS with Linkin Park, I didnt know much of their stuff at the time and I was at the back so I could not really appreciate it fully. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I preferred PJ Harvey and left during the first RHCP song, I was only there really for Harvey and QOTSA. However, I got money's worth and more.
    Rud wrote: »
    I never heard such bad sound at a gig in my life and the fact that they were supporting such crap as Linkin Park made it even more bewildering although it was great to see them again!

When they played the Ambassador when Songs for the Deaf came out, the sound was atrocious. You could barely hear Oliveri's bass but it was still a ****ing great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Rud wrote: »
    Anybody remeber when they played the main stage at Oxegen?think it was in '04 or '05?They played a great set or when they supported Linkin Park in the RDS few years back with Coheed and Cambria?Think they were promoting Era Vulgaris at the time.I never heard such bad sound at a gig in my life and the fact that they were supporting such crap as Linkin Park made it even more bewildering although it was great to see them again!

Was at that... And it amazing. they were great that day. (at oxygen that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

**** me :eek: I for one am very happy he survived! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bored11

I need to see these. I hope they come to Ireland

May 17th, Camden Ballroom

Praying for more dates!

May 17th, Camden Ballroom

Praying for more dates!
    Apparently more will be announced on Monday, then go on sale Friday week. T In The Park is also due to make an announcement that day . . .

Apparently more will be announced on Monday, then go on sale Friday week. T In The Park is also due to make an announcement that day . . .

Yeah but its Europe in May with America June/early July. Can't make London so need a show within reachable distance around then.

• Advertisement

Yeah but its Europe in May with America June/early July. Can't make London so need a show within reachable distance around then.
    Theres 14 American dates in March/April for club shows. Yea Londons out for me too as college exams are at that time

Advertisement