Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Mushy wrote: »
    I think people want to see them in general rather than solely the first album being played. Could easily do a nice mix at a festival, they normally do as it is. Can't see them at Oxegen though cos they'd need a high spot.

I went to see them support linkin park because I wanted to see them so bad, I dont think id go see them again if it wasnt just a concert of them. That gig sucked, and cost me 80 quid to boot.They didnt play long,no one in the crowd knew who they were, and they just werent in to it at all. Where as when they played the ambassador in and around the same time it was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I went to see them support linkin park because I wanted to see them so bad, I dont think id go see them again if it wasnt just a concert of them. That gig sucked, and cost me 80 quid to boot.They didnt play long,no one in the crowd knew who they were, and they just werent in to it at all. Where as when they played the ambassador in and around the same time it was amazing!

Was at both of those gigs and totally agree. The band came on late supporting Linkin Park due to missing a ferry and played a short and fairly ****e set. Yet the ambassador gig was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Think they're one of those bands that just doesn't come across well outdoors.

Was at both of those gigs and totally agree. The band came on late supporting Linkin Park due to missing a ferry and played a short and fairly ****e set. Yet the ambassador gig was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Think they're one of those bands that just doesn't come across well outdoors.

Yeah the linkin park gig just wasnt good at all. I seen them outdoors In Germany and it was their best gig. I dont think its anything to do with being outdoors! I just think they do much better when the gig is their own for some reason. Dont think id be in to seeing at a festival at all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

They were pretty decent at Slane several years back IIRC, though a lot of the crowd seemed to only know the singles and were applauding during the pauses within songs. Not a surprise really, but I wouldn't say in/outdoors is a factor as much as the bands own enthusiasm on any given night.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

They were good at Oxegen about 3 years back when they played in one of the tents. Agreed that the Linkin Park gig was woeful, but it was still great to see them. I missed out on the Ambassador gigs.

I vowed a few years back to never go back to Oxegen again, but the line up this year is starting to look pretty decent... Queens won't be playing it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I've seen QOTSA at quite a few festivals over the last few years. Just realised that the last time i saw them headlining was the Ambassador gig in 2002. If they can play like that in the Olympia I will be more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Was at the Olympia tonight and I was in the pit. I was like "... I have to be here for QOTSA" and I was seriously considering paying nearly 100 quid to a tout, but luckily I've been talked out of it :p If I had a job I probably would do it. Least I'm going at all, I will just keep reminding myself of that :)

Was at the Olympia tonight and I was in the pit. I was like "... I have to be here for QOTSA" and I was seriously considering paying nearly 100 quid to a tout, but luckily I've been talked out of it :p If I had a job I probably would do it. Least I'm going at all, I will just keep reminding myself of that :)

I know the feeling :( seriously considering buying some crazy priced tout tickets and selling my sitting ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Not long now!

:D:D

Any particular songs you want to hear? (Apart from songs on the first album, obviously)

I'm hoping for Tangled up in Plaid myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Better Living Through Chemistry or River in the Road. Killer Scene....ah feck it they should just do 5 nights playing all albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How magnificent would that be. If Suede can do it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

is there any support for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

Can't wait for this gig myself, last time I saw them was at Rock am Ring a few years back and I remember being too knackered after the day to fully enjoy the set. Would love to hear some Misfit Love thursday night myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

:D:D

Any particular songs you want to hear? (Apart from songs on the first album, obviously)

I'm hoping for Tangled up in Plaid myself...
    Would love to hear some Misfit Love thursday night myself!

Yes, Misfit Love!

I think they've played Make It Wit Chu and Little Sister most nights of this tour.

It's a real outside bet, but I'd love if they played The Fun Machine Took a **** & Died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yes, Misfit Love!

I think they've played Make It Wit Chu and Little Sister most nights of this tour.

It's a real outside bet, but I'd love if they played The Fun Machine Took a **** & Died.
    They played Fun Machine a few times on the US leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

They played Fun Machine a few times on the US leg!

I didn't realise that. It'd be unreal live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

hey lads, i dont have a ticket for this so i cant check what the restrictions are. my son is 12 and he wants to go. is there any age restrictions? thanks

emo72 wrote: »
    hey lads, i dont have a ticket for this so i cant check what the restrictions are. my son is 12 and he wants to go. is there any age restrictions? thanks

I'm not sure, but if he was with an adult he would be fine! But the tickets are sold out...

i think i blagged onto a guestlist. any concerns about the queen coming on tuesday? heard the place is going to be a mare to get to. be wary of getting to the place!

• Advertisement

I am hoping that she will be down in Cork or something by Thursday.

emo72 wrote: »
    i think i blagged onto a guestlist. any concerns about the queen coming on tuesday? heard the place is going to be a mare to get to. be wary of getting to the place!

:eek: How did you manage that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Junior

Lads,

I'm coming up for this from Waterford, and it only bloody hit me today that the traffic restrictions are in place for the Queen, what's the best way to get in and out of this ?

I was thinking Luas in as far as Jervis and walking across ?

I am getting the train up from Waterford. No ****ing way am I bringing a car near Dublin.

Do you reckon you'll get a train back or are you staying up ?

I am staying up.

I don't have that option, grr !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Please let us know if they announce theyre doing oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

Yes, Misfit Love!

Here's the encores from the last 7 dates on the tour:

AMSTERDAM - 15 MAY
    Encore:
    The Sky Is Fallin'
    Into the Hollow
    Hangin' Tree
    Burn the Witch
    I Never Came
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    The Fun Machine Took a **** and Died
    Do It Again
    Go With the Flow

EINDHOVEN - 14 MAY
    Encore:
    You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
    3's & 7's
    Sick, Sick, Sick
    Encore 2:
    Battery Acid
    Little Sister

AUSTRIA - 12 MAY
    Encore:

Turnin' on the Screw
    Make It Wit Chu
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    The Sky Is Fallin'
    Tangled Up in Plaid
    A Song for the Deaf
    Go With the Flow
    A Song for the Dead

SWITZERLAND - 11 MAY
    Encore:

Hangin' Tree
    Battery Acid
    I Never Came
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
    No One Knows

GERMANY - 10 MAY
    Encore:

Burn the Witch
    Monsters in the Parasol
    Into the Hollow
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    A Song for the Dead

DENMARK - 8 MAY
    Encore:
    Hangin' Tree
    Leg of Lamb
    Burn the Witch
    Make It Wit Chu
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    Feel Good Hit of the Summer
    Go With the Flow

NORWAY - 7 MAY
    Encore:

Turnin' on the Screw
    Burn the Witch
    Make It Wit Chu
    Into the Hollow
    Little Sister
    Encore 2:
    Sick, Sick, Sick
    The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
    No One Knows

• Advertisement

id love to hear dollar and go with the flow. im not a hardcore fan, but they are 2 of me fave songs.

Advertisement