Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

q

what can i say, no need for that. i have a couple of their cds. when i was a kid id listen to music non stop, but i dont always find the time to listen nowadays.

but im bringing my son who is a huge fan, but too young to go alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

dont post setlists ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What time is the gig at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Doors are at half 7, which is all anyone knows for definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Are Dough Rollers the support, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't worry bout setlists, they changing by the night. Would assume Dough Rollers are supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I'm in a serious dilemma as to whether I can go to this or not cos of college exams :mad:
    Want to finally get to see them, but also don't want to fail any exams (would mess up my summer completely if I had repeats)....

Excluding if they announce for oxegen, can anyone hazard a guess as to when they could next play here again?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

revz wrote: »
    I'm in a serious dilemma as to whether I can go to this or not cos of college exams :mad:
    Want to finally get to see them, but also don't want to fail any exams (would mess up my summer completely if I had repeats)....

Excluding if they announce for oxegen, can anyone hazard a guess as to when they could next play here again?

Josh told Zane Lowe in an interview today that as soon as they're finished this tour (last date Glastonbury), they're heading to the studio to record the new album. Hoping to have it finished for the end of the year and out early next year.

So they should be touring that next Summer, possibly Oxegen 2012 ?

PS. There's no way there gonna annouce Oxegen this year. They've already cancelled 3 dates off this tour as they have to be back in the States for "unavoidable reasons". Brody Dalle is pregnant again and due in August so I'm sure Josh will want to be spending some time with her. I highley doubt they'll make a trip to Europe and back for Glastonbury only to do the same for Oxegen 2 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Oh, and Infinity and Born to Hula would be 2 songs I'd love to hear. Neither have been practiced though apparently. :(

Leg of Lamb
    I never came
    In the fade
    or Mosquito song would be ace too

• Advertisement

ratedR wrote: »
    Oh, and Infinity and Born to Hula would be 2 songs I'd love to hear. Neither have been practiced though apparently. :(

Leg of Lamb
    I never came
    In the fade

Leg of Lamb has been played once I think, and they play I Never Came often enough :)

revz wrote: »

I have a maths exam at 2 o clock on Friday.. :pac:

Josh told Zane Lowe in an interview today that as soon as they're finished this tour (last date Glastonbury), they're heading to the studio to record the new album. Hoping to have it finished for the end of the year and out early next year.

So they should be touring that next Summer, possibly Oxegen 2012 ?

PS. There's no way there gonna annouce Oxegen this year. They've already cancelled 3 dates off this tour as they have to be back in the States for "unavoidable reasons". Brody Dalle is pregnant again and due in August so I'm sure Josh will want to be spending some time with her. I highley doubt they'll make a trip to Europe and back for Glastonbury only to do the same for Oxegen 2 weeks later.

Members of Queens have a fair tendancy to talk some crap, so them saying they will go in and record new album after tour may seem a bit quick. They also have tour dates with Soundgarden and Pearl Jam in July/September. I do hope it comes out by next year though, but there was a fiasco with self-titled, let alone the Salt Mine gig.

Leg of Lamb
    I never came
    In the fade

Can't see Infinity been done this tour, or Born to Hula unfortunately. BTH would be class. I Never Came has been done few times this tour so I'm praying. Leg of Lamb is unlikely cos they playing very little from that album. Tis class live though.
    Leg of Lamb has been played once I think, and they play I Never Came often enough :)

I think we'll get 18...London and Amsterdam got 20 and 21 respectively. Eindhoven got 16:eek: My hopes are resting on I Never Came or Tangled Up In Plaid due to lack of 'R' being played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Time really is flying. Almost a week since Rush already and now QOTSA tomorrow :)
    Josh told Zane Lowe in an interview today that as soon as they're finished this tour (last date Glastonbury), they're heading to the studio to record the new album.

They are playing Rock Werchter the week after Glastonbury. Can't wait for that :)

I have a maths exam at 2 o clock on Friday.. :pac:

I've one at 9.30 on Friday... in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That's dedication! :)

I'd love to hear In the fade, Avon, and If only! <3

Lost art of keeping a secret for encore. Love that live version at the end of songs for the deaf!.......I'm so excited!!!! :)

:eek: Good luck to ya..

That's dedication! :)

I'd love to hear In the fade, Avon, and If only! <3
    )

Well, you're gonna hear Avon and If Only at least, seeing that they are playing the whole first album ;)

I'm watching live videos of them right and I'm freaking out :D Apparently last night they gave the crowd a choice of songs, I'm gonna take a chance here and beg people in standing to shout for millionaire if they offer that :p It is immense live :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Might have to go the tout route to see the gig tomorrow.

Really don't want to miss it.

Might have to go the tout route to see the gig tomorrow.

Really don't want to miss it.

Talk to this guy http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72297880&postcount=92

• Advertisement

Well, you're gonna hear Avon and If Only at least, seeing that they are playing the whole first album ;)
    /QUOTE]

I keep forgetting its for the first album! :P

Spent last night listening to likely songs for the encore....its gonna be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Anyone heard who the support is yet?

YAY! IT'S TODAY!!!! WOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

I cannot wait!!

Is anyone else going alone to this gig? Or is it just me... on my lonesome..

* sniff *

To be fair, I'd rather go alone than not at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

I think around 999 other people are going?

Ha :P

just a heads up. its going to be a nightmare getting in and out of dublin tonight. north and south quays are closed (periodically:confused:) from 530.

was in town last night and the quays were closed till 1100. nightmare getting home.

pedestrians please not i heard rumours that you might not be able to walk accross the bridges. other than that everythings grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

the queen aint gonna ruin the QUEENS for me tonight!

watchign the live dvd...blared the first in the gym.....considering dying the grey hair ginger and growing a foot....

i cant fekin wait...

WE GOT SOMETHING TO REVEAL..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

I was just gunna ask about the traffic!

Is anyone coming from Maynooth? Was thinking about getting the 23.23 67 home... but now I'm not so sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

The guy I'm seeing shaved in a handlebar moustache so if you see him point and laugh :D

Advertisement