Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

What's the consensus? I loved it boyfriend hated it....????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

anyone see the handlebar moustache? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What's the consensus? I loved it boyfriend hated it....????

What's the consensus? I'd dump the boyfriend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

That was immense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Everyone that went to that gig should be proud of the energy that we collectively created in the Olympia tonight. What an amazing performance by the band. Not a bum note or song in sight. My only complaint is that it didn't go on for another hour! Some serious buzz was had tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Speechless..possibly due to squealing and singing but mainly because it was so effing brilliant! The energy was unreal...my god we can make noise when we want to!
    My QOTSA cherry is well and truly popped:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

anyone else have ringing in their ears even now? great gig, buy far too loud where I was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

anyone else have ringing in their ears even now? great gig, buy far too loud where I was

Thats the sound of rock and roll baby 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

That was probably the best gig I've seen in the last five years
    Way better than the ambassador gig!

Hearing is still ****ed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

Glad I'm not the only one deaf this morning! Great gig though, delighted they played I Never Came too, one of my favourite tracks. Josh seemed awesome too, wish they'd played for another hour. Only complaint was the fact that being in the 2nd row of the circle meant I "coudln't" stand up which was unusual, security seemed very keen on us remaining seated. Apart from that great gig, great set and a great buzz after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Junior

YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP I'M SLIGHTLY DEAF AFTER THAT !

Tremendous atmosphere, tremendous life from the crowd and the band really fed off that. Have to say it's the best gig I was ever at .. The Olympia is some wee venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Glad I'm not the only one deaf this morning!

What? speak up! :pac:

Amazing gig. All my pics turned out to be terrible though, i don't care though.... One six two, seven eight, two six three, seven eight nine the f*uck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

beefjerky wrote: »
    What? speak up! :pac:

Amazing gig. All my pics turned out to be terrible though, i don't care though.... One six two, seven eight, two six three, seven eight nine the f*uck

Some photos I took here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfbrew/sets/72157626637946701/

Was my sixth or seventh time seeing them, that was absolutely stunning last night...

got to meet them too!

novarock wrote: »
    Some photos ...!

Some?! there is loads! :eek:

Nice one for the link.. cool that you got to meet them

beefjerky wrote: »
    Some?! there is loads!

Nice one for the link.. cool that you got to meet them :eek:

trimmed down from around 350 shots.. Surprising considering how drunk I was...

:eek: So jealous that you got to meet them. How long after the gig did they come out?

Such a pity your face is cut out of the picture! I am so jealous of you right now! I would have died and went to heaven!

Does anyone know if they were out on the town last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jungleland86

One of the most perfect gigs I have ever seen, In my top 5 ever!

Queens were Flawless and I've never seen a crowd so into a gig in a small venue before. I've moaned a lot about crowds in this venue talking through songs and being unresponsive but this was the ultimate antidote to that. Well done to the band and everyone there - We're great! :D;)

:eek: So jealous that you got to meet them. How long after the gig did they come out?

Such a pity your face is cut out of the picture! I am so jealous of you right now! I would have died and went to heaven!

Does anyone know if they were out on the town last night?

they came out about ten minutes after..

The lense i was using is not meant for shots that close, my fiancé was standing about six feet away and thats all she got in.. The worst part is that Mikey was standing on my left!

• Advertisement

they came out about ten minutes after..

The lense i was using is not meant for shots that close, my fiancé was standing about six feet away and thats all she got in.. The worst part is that Mikey was standing on my left!

AWH MAN! I shouldda stayed! :( That man is the closest thing to a perfect man I've ever come across.....So beautiful! Were you talking to him?

You look REALLY young to have a fiancé!!! Well judging on half your face!:D;)

AWH MAN! I shouldda stayed! :( That man is the closest thing to a perfect man I've ever come across.....So beautiful! Were you talking to him?

You look REALLY young to have a fiancé!!! Well judging on half your face!:D;)

28! not that young! Getting married next friday! In fact thats what I shouted at him to get the photo...

28! not that young! Getting married next friday! In fact thats what I shouted at him to get the photo...

Jaysus, I am 28 too but you look about 18 in that photo...

...jerk :D

Congrats on getting married!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

my hearing is ****ed. i was too close to the speaker. couldnt hear it properly. hope my hearing comes back.

emo72 wrote: »
    my hearing is ****ed. i was too close to the speaker. couldnt hear it properly. hope my hearing comes back.

If Only...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

hearing they came back after ten minutes....sometimes I wish I didnt read these threads. Which smiley is for jealosy?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

Going to gigs for 30 years now and the only one that ever came close to last night was Pixies at Brixton Academy in 1991. Thought I was elevating towards the end of You Can't Quit Me Baby. Absolutely amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Queens were Flawless and I've never seen a crowd so into a gig in a small venue before. I've moaned a lot about crowds in this venue talking through songs and being unresponsive but this was the ultimate antidote to that. Well done to the band and everyone there - We're great! :D;)

The sound wasnt the best in fairness. Couldnt understand a word out of josh's mouth half the time. The crowed however was mostly brilliant. We all rocked out hard except that one stupid cow who full on falcon punched me in the stomach because appatently i hit off her - get out of the pit ye feckin dzope!

Great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Did anyone else bump into those Italian guys trying to sneak in? They flew over for the gig without a ticket, were trying to get in just to give Josh their demo CD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

eh....WHAT??

holy ****ting jesus that was the greatest gig in the history of the world...my previous best was the foos in olympia in 99....

the rocked hard and jaysus when how to handle rope started i had a funny trouser moment...mexicola too.....go with the flow had everyone actually loosing themselves....

ACTUAL SAVAGERY

old age and bad hearing are affecting me still today

Advertisement