Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

What's the consensus? I loved it boyfriend hated it....????

My guy said there was a couple behind him where the fella didnt seem to enjoy it but the girl did.....

was this you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

This gig was immense, I loved it, even caught Josh Hommes pick :D
    Here is my video of burn the witch I will post the others later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

My ears are still ringing.:D

One of the best gigs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The rest of the videos:

Regular John:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_RP4QCWtJg

Walkin' on the Sidewalks:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDAjiSe-O-M

Hanging Tree:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr7n2H3gZDQ

Better Living Through Chemistry:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mywZ6ASzs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

What a gig. What an atmosphere in there. Love the Olympia. They surely were out drinking around town afterwards? They love a session. Anyone see/meet them in any bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I too am a bit deaf after the show last night. It was immense. The crowd was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

"joshmhomme Josh Homme
    up early. dublin was absolutely amazing. love you mother****ers."

seems like they enjoyed it so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY:eek:

My god I absolutely freaked at that riff for it it was the last song I was expecting.

I Never Came was incredible....have heard all my favourite Queens songs live now.

I predicted an 18 song set so glad to get more from it. That was by far the best sounding gig I've been to in there. Stomping loud but damn well perfect mix. New road crew too, didn't recognise any of them. 8 times now seeing them, and that last night was easily the best.

Joey Castillo has finally calmed down on the skins, easily his best performance. New kit sounded sweet. Kinda feel that their next album may have them headlining festivals, specially if that band lineup sticks (which I saw no reason to want to change it). Great everything all round.

punchdrunk wrote: »
    "joshmhomme Josh Homme

Thats the sort of thing that makes me hope Dublin becomes a stalworth of their European shows like Amsterdam, UK and Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

punchdrunk wrote: »
    "joshmhomme Josh Homme

That Twitter account isn't really him.

http://twitter.com/#!/BrodyDalle/status/71634039274078208

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Misticles wrote: »
    My guy said there was a couple behind him where the fella didnt seem to enjoy it but the girl did.....

was this you? :P

More than likely! :) There was some idiot that kept taking pictures though. Why go to a gig to take a million pictures......enjoy the ****ing thing. I could have hit him (if this is your boy I was about to dig him in the head...sorry!) I was kinda pissed at my boy, I could have sold the ticket or given it to a friend that wanted to go. He didn't like the earlier stuff....and by the encore came on he was like I so know what they are gonna play....he was totally off the mark with that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My head is still ringing after that. ****'s sake. :pac:

Worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

darryn wrote: »

I think you were next to me then! Was so jealous you got it! Said fair play to ya anyway :)

Echoing exactly what everyone else is saying, one of the best gigs I've been to, can't believe I even considered not going cos of exams, would have been fairly pissed off if I'd missed that!

Sound, set list, crowd, everything was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I walked past the Olympia last night and got a little depressed, wanted to turn the clock back!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Mushy wrote: »
    BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY:eek:

Joey Castillo has finally calmed down on the skins, easily his best performance. New kit sounded sweet.

Was it just me, or did his snare sound pretty s**t for the first 4 songs?? I also could not see any overhead mic's yet i could just about hear his cymbals. Was he really playing without overheads? If so, i am amazed! Toms sounded amazing but no surprise there, i've never heard anything less out of a DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Wasn't close enough to see the kits mic setup, was standing right at the back, but from back there the sound of the snare had me wishing I still played. Thought it sounded epic, personally.

Töpher wrote: »
    Wasn't close enough to see the kits mic setup, was standing right at the back, but from back there the sound of the snare had me wishing I still played. Thought it sounded epic, personally.

I'd go with this. I can't remember seeing any overhead mics. Drums sounded great in mix, and as said, the toms were mighty (specially as they be DW).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Töpher wrote: »

It did sound good after the first 4 songs. Before that though, it sounded like a compressed 10" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Jebus..was the up-nose shot really necessary:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

boss i was right behind you!

BOOM!

what a gig... diggin the videos that are coming out from the gig!

darryn wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I did a review of the gig for musicscene.ie which I also threw up on my Blog if anyones interested, Il throw up the videos I made too when I get a chance!:D

Advertisement