Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Too many refreshes will get you timed out.

Smartass!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Anyone have any idea who the support act(s) may be?? Not that it matters too much, as i'll be there solely for Mr. Homme & Co. anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not a clue, I'd love if there was no support, I tend to hate support acts :p

I wonder what the merch will be like. I am definitely getting something or other :D

Not a clue, I'd love if there was no support, I tend to hate support acts :p

I wonder what the merch will be like. I am definitely getting something or other :D

Yeah a whole set of QOTSA would be excellent. just play everything from their first album right through to the upcoming one.........maybe with a bit of Desert Sessions in the mix too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Eagles of Death Metal would be the ideal support act but it's unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

It'll be some relatively unknown band, probably on Domino. It was In Case of Fire supporting last time, in the ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Does anybody know who the promoter is for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

everybody's loved hated promoter, mcd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Does anybody know who the promoter is for this?
    MCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I wonder will this thread be abuzz tomorrow morning before the tickets go on sale?!?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

If i dont get tickets for this ill be very sad. I even wrapped it in 'b' tags to put emphasis on how sad ill be.

That goes double for when they say "oh look, we sold out, lets add another date". Both nights shall be rocked very hard by myself. I simply must get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    It was In Case of Fire supporting last time, in the ambassador.

Jesus fucking christ they were shite. Did they all share the same bowl to cut their hair? I had to stand through 2 nights of their shit to watch queens. URGH!

Tomorrow morning is going to be very stressful to say the least =/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

red_ice wrote: »
    Jesus fucking christ they were shite. Did they all share the same bowl to cut their hair? I had to stand through 2 nights of their shit to watch queens. URGH!

I thought In Case Of Fire were great

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

red_ice wrote: »
    If i dont get tickets for this ill be very sad. I even wrapped it in 'b' tags to put emphasis on how sad ill be.

That goes double for when they say "oh look, we sold out, lets add another date". Both nights shall be rocked very hard by myself. I simply must get tickets.

Hate to say it but I'd expect them to add a second London date which makes the chances of another Dubln one pretty slim :(
    They're tour schedule looks pretty tight

I think tomorrow morning is our one and only chance, sick at the thoughts of it already......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Misfit Mum wrote: »
    I'd expect them to add a second London date

And even if they don't, they're booked for Glasgow on the 20th and the Olympia's booked on the 18th for Sufjan Stevens...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dreading tomorrow morning now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Is there any advantage in queuing up at a Ticketmaster outlet in the morning? I'm guessing that the tickets will sell out online almost instantly, so unless each outlet has an allocated amount of tickets, I'm not sure I see any point in queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Damn it anyway, I should have gone into the Omni today and asked about that, I live 2 minutes from it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Fidelis wrote: »
    Is there any advantage in queuing up at a Ticketmaster outlet in the morning? I'm guessing that the tickets will sell out online almost instantly, so unless each outlet has an allocated amount of tickets, I'm not sure I see any point in queuing.
    AFAIK they just use an online system in the agents, and get the tickets from the same pool as the Ticketmaster website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I remember when I bought tickets to RATM, the girl working at the TM kiosk in stephen's green didn't show up till 9:30, at which point the standing tickets were sold out. Because she was late, the manager of the branch in jervis street sent over about 12 standing tickets.

My point is, I think each branch is allocated a certain no. of tickets. (Although that gig was in the O2, I'm not taking any chances with this gig so it's online for me!)

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    AFAIK they just use an online system in the agents, and get the tickets from the same pool as the Ticketmaster website.

I remember having this conversation a year or 2 ago about Oxegen tickets, so i'm sure the same applies.
    The way it works is Ticketmaster outlets through out the country are allocated a certain percentage of the total tickets. And the rest is for online sale. But when the amount of tickets allocated to the stores runs out, they will say they are sold out which may not be the case online.

That's how i seem to remember it working alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ranopano

I remember when I bought tickets to RATM, the girl working at the TM kiosk in stephen's green didn't show up till 9:30, at which point the standing tickets were sold out. Because she was late, the manager of the branch in jervis street sent over about 12 standing tickets.

My point is, I think each branch is allocated a certain no. of tickets. (Although that gig was in the O2, I'm not taking any chances with this gig so it's online for me!)

This isn't true. The kiosks use the same system as the website. Albeit a faster and more direct one. The reason Jervis could send over tickets in that example, is that they probably printed about 50 straight away first thing in the morning and had some spare. Or printed some for employees, their mates etc, and had some of them spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

I've been wanting to see QotSA for over 10 years, and of course my Current accounts empty, so I'll have to instruct someone over the phone who's unfamiliar with the ticketmaster website how to try to get the tickets. Seriously anxious now jaesus.

Wakey wakey everybody! The fun is only beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

knowing my luck my security check code will be 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' & 'hippopotamus' :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

30 minutes.... :D

scudzilla wrote: »
    knowing my luck my security check code will be 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' & 'hippopotamus' :(:(

Yeah have a feeling of that myself.

My stomach feels sick at the tought of this. I won't be able to relax until 9.10 :P

• Advertisement

My stomach feels sick at the tought of this. I won't be able to relax until 9.10 :P

I can barely eat my Weetabix.

Advertisement