Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

Feel so sick, anyone with a spare ticket?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Please if anyone has a spare ticket can they sell it to me? I'm a massive fan and I missed out because of this stupid booking engine crashing on me.

I had like three people trying to get them at 9 o'clock on the dot and they were gone. :mad:

8 tickets?? what the hell like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Such bullshit! I bought straight away with no preference on tickets and it was sold out. This isnt cool at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

No ****ing way. I was just going to come on here and complain that there was no way I couldn't have got tickets: refreshed at 5 seconds past 9, selected my tickets, entered the captcha, total time around 15 seconds.....tickets gone. Re-tried around 15-20 times before success at 9.07. WTF!

Ticketmaster, I don't like you and I'll never understand your ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I was online well before 9 getting set up, and went to get them bang on 9...and no tickets. Why didn't I get out of bed this morning and go to an outlet, this always happens, nooooooo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Fidelis wrote: »
    9 o'clock, on the button, try to buy tickets and BAM!; "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." Why the f*ck are people allowed to buy up to 8 tickets.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

2 tickets for the upper circle, wanted standing but at least I'll be there! Whats the upper circle like??
    We got the same, never been in it before =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

What a fcuking joke. 9am on the dot and i didn't get a ticket. Kept trying. got 2 for the upper circle and when to pay and got "This page is not available". Sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Fidelis wrote: »
    Why the f*ck are people allowed to buy up to 8 tickets.

Agreed. That is absolute bull**** and only serves to help the ticket touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

According to MCDs page: Tickets for the Olympia Theatre show are limited to 4 per person and priced €44.20 including booking fee. Tickets go on sale Friday 25 Feb at 9am

So just cos it let you select 8 doesn't necessarily mean they would have sold that many. Sorry to those who didn't get tickets, tis pretty sh!tty when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

I'd say keep checking in case someone's order times out or something. Unlikely, but still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Tried on the dot of 9, and no matches were found...for any area.

I've tried 6 or 7 times now, so I guess they're sold out. No presale, yet sold out in nanoseconds...something odd there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

johnnykilo wrote: »
    No ****ing way. I was just going to come on here and complain that there was no way I couldn't have got tickets: refreshed at 5 seconds past 9, selected my tickets, entered the captcha, total time around 15 seconds.....tickets gone. Re-tried around 15-20 times before success at 9.07. WTF!

Ticketmaster, I don't like you and I'll never understand your ways!

It was probably due to someone 'holding' the tickets, ya know the way it gives you a certain amount of time to put in your info, and then letting them go, and you just happened to be there at the right time! Lucky! :)

Got mine anyway, anyone who didn't, try toutless, hope ya get some!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

been trying since 9. No joy. Rang them up and it's totally sold out. If anyone has a spare ticket, I'd love to hear from them

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

More touts outside that bums on seats come 7:30 19th May I reckon.

Ah well. Hopefully they'll do a European fest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    What a fcuking joke. 9am on the dot and i didn't get a ticket. Kept trying. got 2 for the upper circle and when to pay and got "This page is not available". Sickened.

Exact same thing happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

dearg lady wrote: »
    It was probably due to someone 'holding' the tickets, ya know the way it gives you a certain amount of time to put in your info, and then letting them go, and you just happened to be there at the right time! Lucky! :)

Got mine anyway, anyone who didn't, try toutless, hope ya get some!

Yeah I guess so. Had been trying for standing the whole time and just decided to go for Upper Circle for the craic. Still don't understand how I (and all the others) didn't get tickets at 9 though

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Up-n-atom! wrote: »
    I was online well before 9 getting set up, and went to get them bang on 9...and no tickets. Why didn't I get out of bed this morning and go to an outlet, this always happens, nooooooo!!!

I was at dame st centra, 5 others in front of me at 8:50. your man kept refreshing it from 8:59, as soon as it came up he says "sold out - none left" how in the f**k is that?

my OH got 1 standing from Santry... so half way there, but seriously ticketmaster, WTF!:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got a ticket :D . Although i may be able to go but if so i shall let people no or stick it up on Toutless.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

75% of standing were gone in the presale. Yes there was a presale!!

LostArt wrote: »
    Elaborate on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Where did you find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Yeah I guess so. Had been trying for standing the whole time and just decided to go for Upper Circle for the craic. Still don't understand how I (and all the others) didn't get tickets at 9 though

I tried for best available after I couldn't get standing at 9.01. Kept trying and after about 7-8 goes I got 2 seats in the upper circle. Hit submit after entering my credit card details and the tickets were gone.

Just heard a friend of mine has a spare for me. Crisis averted.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

The tickets always go on sale a couple of minutes before 9 but I managed to get 4. Unlike the other day when I tried to get Mumford and sons tickets so I feel your pain..... Ticketmaster must die!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Luck enough to get 2. I was refreshing like a motherfcuker and got in at 9.00.01. Friends tried at the same time with no joy. Hope anyone that didn't get one gets sorted.

The tickets always go on sale a couple of minutes before 9 but I managed to get 4. Unlike the other day when I tried to get Mumford and sons tickets so I feel your pain..... Ticketmaster must die!!!
    Any chance ya wanna sell me one or two of those? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Yeah, where did this pre-sale come in?! I know u can get presale for the O2, but the Olympia?

Seriously sickened I couldn't get a ticket...esp when I see ebay:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Quelle fuc*king surprise...

Oh for fuc*k's sake.

I'm going to curse A LOT today, I can feel it.

Advertisement