Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

The reason tickets sell out so fast is that the Ticketmaster website is actually really good, in that it can handle hundreds or more transactions simultaneously. Its not like queuing in a shop where only one person is being served at a time, thus concerts in small venues such as the Olympia do sell out instantly, no conspiracy theories!

However, I do have a problem with fcuking ejet who set the ticket limit per person to EIGHT, who the fcuk needs eight tickets? Set the limit too two or even four per person, and far more people will get the chance to buy tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Dermo wrote: »
    Managed to get 2 in sound cellar this morning. :)
    I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some left.
    Nah, they're sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Mushy wrote: »
    Olympia booked on 18th and they in Glasgow the 19th. Don't want the hassle of all this again anyway.

Yeah I know, tried to get a euro date too but all sold out, couldnt get london, paris,glasgow or manchester. I meant sometime in the fututre after all the other dates

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah I know, tried to get a euro date too but all sold out, couldnt get london, paris,glasgow or manchester. I meant sometime in the fututre after all the other dates

Its called Oxegen??? I do think they'll be at Soni, which would be great for me, so might play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Olympia booked on 18th and they in Glasgow the 19th. Don't want the hassle of all this again anyway.

Sufjan stevens is on in the olympia on the two previous days...

• Advertisement

Its called Oxegen??? I do think they'll be at Soni, which would be great for me, so might play it.

I never plan to set foot at oxegen again,full of scum! will only be heading to electric picnic this year, oxegen does have the foos though :(

novarock wrote: »
    Sufjan stevens is on in the olympia on the two previous days...

I know sure I said its booked. Unless you think I meant for QotSA? Hopefully be enough decent people who will sell for face value.

I never plan to set foot at oxegen again,full of scum! will only be heading to electric picnic this year, oxegen does have the foos though :(

With ya on that one (despite lineup being half decent/interesting this year). They will come back quicker than this gap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Are they doing the festivals this year? I thought the plan was to tour for the Re-release and then go back to recording.

It'd be amazing if I manage to get a Glastonbury ticket in April and they play it. After this mornings fiasco i'm not too confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I know sure I said its booked. Unless you think I meant for QotSA? Hopefully be enough decent people who will sell for face value.
    There doesn't seem to be. I for one cannot wait til we start taking extra measures against touts. It happened me here and for both Metallica Belfast dates last year, touts sweep in and take all the best tickets

• Advertisement

I see on the QotSA boards now about people getting tickets yesterday. And not knowing they were playing self-titled. And not knowing that album:(

There doesn't seem to be. I for one cannot wait til we start taking extra measures against touts. It happened me here and for both Metallica Belfast dates last year, touts sweep in and take all the best tickets

Yeah be great when its illegal. There is one tout, small chubby angry looking bollix, face as red as beetroot. I wouldn't mind smashing my closed fist in his face and taking the tickets he has.

Just clarifying that there is zero chance of a second date.. It also has to be remembered that the olympia is a tiny venue, only about 1400 capacity as far as I know. There could have been 20,000 people trying to get a ticket this morning. I had three PC's on the go myself and got seated tickets.

Zero chance this has anything to do with the ticketmaster website, some serious technology involved there, would take a much bigger gig than this to crash it.

I would be very surprised if there was a presale, Ive been on their mailing list for years, and a member of their firum, I have seen nothing about it

With ya on that one (despite lineup being half decent/interesting this year). They will come back quicker than this gap anyway.

Yeah the line up will never be enough to make me go again, its just awful, far less scum at picnic
    I see on the QotSA boards now about people getting tickets yesterday. And not knowing they were playing self-titled. And not knowing that album:(

someone on my friends list got one, and was saying how they heard queens were playing their new album and it was gonna be awsome and could anyone conform it:mad::mad::mad: people like that shouldnt be allowed tickets!!!!

Just clarifying that there is zero chance of a second date.. It also has to be remembered that the olympia is a tiny venue, only about 1400 capacity as far as I know. There could have been 20,000 people trying to get a ticket this morning. I had three PC's on the go myself and got seated tickets.

Zero chance this has anything to do with the ticketmaster website, some serious technology involved there, would take a much bigger gig than this to crash it.

I would be very surprised if there was a presale, Ive been on their mailing list for years, and a member of their firum, I have seen nothing about it

Can't really complain about no second date, sure England only has 2 shows:eek: I think on their next tour they may try the O2, or else it'll be a mini-residency in the Olympia. If its the latter, my credit card will not be my friend:cool:

Per-sale must be ruled out, we would've heard by now for definite if there was one as I'm on both them as well.

Well tbh I was waiting for the re-release, but I know about 5 off the 1st album and I am going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

April 12th @ the Wiltern - PRE-SALE STARTS TOMORROW

www.ticketmaster.com/event/09004648257C668E

password is dostuff

**Dear everyone else with shows in your town – YOUR PASSWORD is also gonna be DOSTUFF !!

Details will be posted tomorrow AM on Rek Rek.com and Facebook !

And check this out - Customers purchasing tickets will have an opportunity to pre-order the CD or LP, and if they choose to do so will receive an instant digital download of the album, directly from Rekords Rekords/Domino--nearly a month before its commercial release.!!!

EDIT - Wonder if this was the presale password??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm gonna pm Mexicola on the picnic board, if anyone knows about a pre-sale it'll be him!

Is the Ambassador or Tripod a bigger capacity than the Olympia? I am just curious

I really hope there was no pre sale:(

• Advertisement

Well tbh I was waiting for the re-release, but I know about 5 off the 1st album and I am going

Tis Queens they prob won't play it in full. This is the quote:
    'word on the street is they're playing the new album. I haven't checked it out yet. I hope they play go with the flow''

Ick to new album and Go with the Flow.

Is the Ambassador or Tripod a bigger capacity than the Olympia? I am just curious

Nope, Ambassador is the same size if not slightly smaller and tripod is around 1000.

MCD have plans to build a 3000 capacity venue, which we are in dire need of. A lot of bands dont play here often if at all because they wont fill the O2, and one show in the olympia mightnt be profitable enough for them.

Nope, Ambassador is the same size if not slightly smaller and tripod is around 1000.

MCD have plans to build a 3000 capacity venue, which we are in dire need of. A lot of bands dont play here often if at all because they wont fill the O2, and one show in the olympia mightnt be profitable enough for them.

It should be the 8000 capacity thats needed. Some bands that have played the O2 are nowhere near selling it out.

They can't build it quick enough!!

It should be the 8000 capacity thats needed. Some bands that have played the O2 are nowhere near selling it out.

they can section off the top tier of the O2 if needed, 3000-5000 is what is missing I reckon. Something like Brixton Academy would be amazing. Huge venue, but still maintains some kind of intimacy..

they can section off the top tier of the O2 if needed, 3000-5000 is what is missing I reckon. Something like Brixton Academy would be amazing. Huge venue, but still maintains some kind of intimacy..
    They did that last Wednesday at MCR, standing didn't sell out and nobody really bought seated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agreed it has to be at least 7000 . Nearly the same capacity as the old point. If we had a smaller venue then the O2 we could see more acts coming over here. Cause if you look at Uk they have the Wembley Arena then the O2.

Agreed it has to be at least 7000 . Nearly the same capacity as the old point. If we had a smaller venue then the O2 we could see more acts coming over here. Cause if you look at Uk they have the Wembley Arena then the O2.
    What about the inside of the RDS? I was at Nickelback there in 08, seems like a decent medium sized venue? MCD don't use it anymore though, do they?

What about the inside of the RDS? I was at Nickelback there in 08, seems like a decent medium sized venue? MCD don't use it anymore though, do they?

Sound was woeful in there, also doesnt have a permanent soundsystem or stage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

A bit cheesed about that! Ticketmaster should not have all the tickets for sale on the website, they should have a big percentage of them yeah, but they should also have some available in ticketmaster shops! :(

Advertisement