Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QotSA 'Special' Shows [Irish date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

What about the inside of the RDS? I was at Nickelback there in 08, seems like a decent medium sized venue? MCD don't use it anymore though, do they?
    Its really just a shed. And gig I've been to in the RDS, the sound has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Its really just a shed. And gig I've been to in the RDS, the sound has been terrible.
    Maybe it was because I was up the front that the sound seemed pretty decent (I arrived when doors opened and walked straight to the barrier like)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tempest2003

I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets this morning just asked for best available , got Section GROUND row 58 , am I right in thinking these are standing tickets I've gotten?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

2 tickets for the upper circle, wanted standing but at least I'll be there! Whats the upper circle like??

Same as myself
    beefjerky wrote: »
    my OH got 1 standing from Santry... so half way there, but seriously ticketmaster, WTF!:mad:

Please, for the love of god, tell me he wasn't a guy with dark hair adn a black jacket? I should have been in front of him in the que...
    Mushy wrote: »
    I see on the QotSA boards now about people getting tickets yesterday. And not knowing they were playing self-titled. And not knowing that album:(

Are you fukcing sh!tting me? If I ever get my hands on someone like that, I'm gonna break their nose

Anyway, I am pretty damn happy with my 2 seated tickets, and they are unreserved so should get a good spot. I keep thinking "I have QOTSA tickets in my bag.... :eek:"
    :D

I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets this morning just asked for best available , got Section GROUND row 58 , am I right in thinking these are standing tickets I've gotten?? Cheers

Standing has no rows :confused: So I'm not sure, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I think they just put that in, I requested standing and got a row number too, but it's ground so it must be standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tempest2003

Ok cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

dearg lady wrote: »
    I think they just put that in, I requested standing and got a row number too, but it's ground so it must be standing.
    Its just to keep track of the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its definitely standing, it just says that for ticket numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Didnt manage to get any either, sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Alter-Ego wrote: »

If they put money into the RDS and put it proper staging and Soundsystem it would be great.

I think there was talks that MCD wanting to get Citywest

Do you guys reckon touts would give me 2 standing if I gave the tout 2 sitting, and paid a bit of extra money on top of that?

Do you guys reckon touts would give me 2 standing if I gave the tout 2 sitting, and paid a bit of extra money on top of that?

Depends how much. They know how big the demand will be.

Depends how much. They know how big the demand will be.

Yeah =/ Don't get me wrong, I am effing delighted I'm going at all, but I've been waiting nearly a decade so standing would be quite nice :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Sickened I didn't get a ticket. We were in the online queue at 9:01, but it was too late.

Is it true that you could buy 8 at a time?? This is so daft, I can imagine as soon as they are posted out, there will be people selling them for x3 the price :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

didn't get a ticket. seriously disgusted. to see guys selling them on ebay for €130 at 9:15 makes it all the worse. what genius decided to let people buy 8 at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

joulter wrote: »
    didn't get a ticket. seriously disgusted. to see guys selling them on ebay for €130 at 9:15 makes it all the worse. what genius decided to let people buy 8 at a time?

My friend sent an angry email to ticketmaster and they said that it is the promoter who sets the ticket quota. So all blame on mcd as usual

Dermo wrote: »
    My friend sent an angry email to ticketmaster and they said that it is the promoter who sets the ticket quota. So all blame on mcd as usual

I must do that, but I'll add the promo poster that clearly states 4 PER PERSON. No blame on MCD here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I must do that, but I'll add the promo poster that clearly states 4 PER PERSON. No blame on MCD here.

do you have a link? I'd like to send the poster on to my friend

Dermo wrote: »
    do you have a link? I'd like to send the poster on to my friend

This is only the written section that came out on Monday:

Queens of the Stone Age take the first record tour to Europe in May with a date at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on 19 May. Tickets limited to 4 per person priced €44.20 including booking fee. On sale Friday 25 Feb at 9am.These one-time only events will feature the band playing the entire first album plus additional material from that same early Queens era, as well as nightly surprises

Trying to find poster now.

EDIT: Need last Tuesday/Wednesday Independent anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What annoyed me about Ticketmaster is that the excuse they give for charging a fiver a ticket is because they have phones to man and computer systems to run etc. but they can't even do something as simple as changing a gig's status to 'sold out' as soon as there are no tickets left.

So people go through the process of selecting tickets, typing in those 2 words that can be hard to make out, watch that stupid circle going around telling us not to refresh or we'll lose our place in line then to be told there are no tickets left but try changing the number of tickets or the area where you selected. Just tell us there are no f&%king tickets left when we select the gig for Christ's sake!

The QOTSA gig still lets you select tickets. Morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Any chance of them playing oxegen to compensate most people missing out on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Any chance of them playing oxegen to compensate most people missing out on tickets?
    I think they're going back to the states to finish an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

NufcNavan wrote: »

Should they play a festival in every country they have a concert in?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Should they play a festival in every country they have a concert in?

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Yes!

A festival date isnt even going to come close to an intimate setting such as the olympia! no way they'd do the first album in a festival setting either, the masses will want no one knows etc

Being offered standing tickets for 90 euro is fukcing heartbreaking :(:(

A festival date isnt even going to come close to an intimate setting such as the olympia! no way they'd do the first album in a festival setting either, the masses will want no one knows etc

I think people want to see them in general rather than solely the first album being played. Could easily do a nice mix at a festival, they normally do as it is. Can't see them at Oxegen though cos they'd need a high spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Saw them twice at oxygen. Once was on main stage....2005 I think? Snoop dog was so off his tits that he ran over time and took a load of the QOSTA set. Loads of people were like WTF. People saying they were **** and kept whinging about it because they wanted their place for the next act.

Hate oxygen, full of scumbags that have little or no taste in music , they just spend a huge amount of money to get drunk and stoned. Lesson learned!

• Advertisement

Saw them twice at oxygen. Once was on main stage....2005 I think? Snoop dog was so off his tits that he ran over time and took a load of the QOSTA set. Loads of people were like WTF. People saying they were **** and kept whinging about it because they wanted their place for the next act.

Hate oxygen, full of scumbags that have little or no taste in music , they just spend a huge amount of money to get drunk and stoned. Lesson learned!

I remember the band being very pissed off then. Stormed on and burst into Go With The Flow in the same movement. It was loud, fast and brooding. I was impressed big time.

Advertisement