Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Price Advertised - HMV

Options
  • 14-01-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering what is the procedure regarding wrong price advertising online. I see an item I want to purchase from HMV yet the price advertised is cheaper than what shows up when I add it into my basket.

I have emailed them about this right now to also find out from them. Would be nice to get it for free if was like Tesco No quibble guarantee way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah... they're just going to go amend the price now... you should have probably just bought it and hoped for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The advertised price is just an invitation and the price shown in the the basket is what the retailer is requesting. So, basically they don't have to honour the advertised price. The same applies to any retailer in a bricks 'n mortar shop.

If you proceed with the purchase you acknowledge your acceptance of the basket price and that's what will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah well didn't think anything would have come from it. Least now I know though.

On a side-note, do Tesco do that No-Quibble Guarantee as a measure of goodwill?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mushy wrote: »
    On a side-note, do Tesco do that No-Quibble Guarantee as a measure of goodwill?

Yes,I don't know many other places that do it,smaller retailers wouldn't be able to afford it. Its not a legal requirement for any store to have that guarantee.

Advertisement