Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenter to make bunk beds?

• 14-01-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there. I am wondering how much it would cost for a carpenter to make a set of bunk beds . Or do carpenters make bunk beds ( I assume its them but willing to stand corrected )

Would like to keep the business local to Limerick if possible but I have a feeling the price is going to be huge . Particuarly considering the Argos and Ikea prices .

As in including cost of materials and labour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

A good carpenter / joiner would be able to make bunk beds but if I were you I'd go to Donedeal.ie or Jumbletown.ie.

Much cheaper to buy than to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

If your looking for any beds or sofas, the cheapest guy in the country is www.bigmickey.ie
    He has the best deals in the country, I`ve bought alot of stuff from him.

He advertises on Done Deal as well, just goggle big mickey, you`ll have to mail or call him with what you want as his site dos`nt list his stock.

The name sounds a little weird but trust me this guy won`t be beaten on price or service and free delivery to Limerick.
    He has warehouses full of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LH01

tried big Mickey . Sometimes this country drives me nuts. Want to give business but they do screw you on price . Its literally cheaper for me to fly them in from europe that get someone here to make them . Ah well Ikea it is then

thanks to ye for replying too lads

@ builderfromhell :and keeping an eye on those sites too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Have you tried Shannon Furniture at the top of William Street?
    I got my bunks there a few years ago, at a fairly good price and they are still in perfect condition.
    When the kids get a bit older I can take them apart and use as 2 single beds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Try Argos. Huge selection and they are based in Limerick!!:rolleyes:

They have to be cheaper than Ikea

hi Mark oddly enough Argos are not cheaper than ikea go figure ( even if I factor in delivery or trip to dub to collect , still not cheaper !!!)

but thanks to Donedeal website ( thanks badboyblast ) I now have almost span new bunk beds for €100 and using local delivery guy Tom whoose number I have posted before (as being very good and inexpensive delivery guy ) and all the money got to go locally . yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

LH01 wrote: »
    hi Mark oddly enough Argos are not cheaper than ikea go figure ( even if I factor in delivery or trip to dub to collect , still not cheaper !!!)

but thanks to Donedeal website ( thanks badboyblast ) I now have almost span new bunk beds for €100 and using local delivery guy Tom whoose number I have posted before (as being very good and inexpensive delivery guy ) and all the money got to go locally . yeah :)
    Would you be able to give me Tom's number by any chance? Is he based in Limerick? Have a piece of furniture I need to move in the near future and looking for a reasonable delivery guy to do it. Cheers! :)

Tom (086-3019941) delivery guy , he is based in adare area but sure thats Limerick isn't it

Advertisement