Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Masked Man wrote: »
    I'm still not sure how we moved Wes on? Seems like he moved on and we're dealing with it.

David Dunn and Brian Murphy from Athletes First, valued Wes at between $8 - $9 million a year during the contract negotiations just before FA started. The Pats valued him at $5 - $6 million a year. So they offered $5 million a year, but with the incentive laden deal.

Dunn and Murphy said they thought it was a derisory offer and refused the deal. So read between the lines, because the very next day after they refused the deal, we signed Amendola and just to make that clearer - the Amendola deal was already in the pipeline before Dunn and Murphy even rejected the Wes offer. So read into that what you will, but the Pats already knew their offer would be rejected. So moved on? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

right yeah. Not very clear why Brady was mad after he copped on and decided that Welker should be moved on.

right yeah. Not very clear why Brady was mad after he copped on and decided that Welker should be moved on.

:confused:

I'm just wondering did you even bother your arsé reading the earlier posts properly? Anyway, here's the part you obviously missed...

Posted at 02:03am
    Brady has no say on who to draft, Brady has no say on who to sign.Our lack of replacements for Moss had nothing to do with Brady.

Posted later at 07:37am

Welker was moved on because they finally copped on. And although they recruited Amendola, which to reiterate once again, I never wanted to see happen. They at least had the good sense to take on a whole crop of dynamic young receivers.

Isn't it clear that 'they' refers to the Coaching staff and front office? Did I not already say before that, who is or isn't signed has nothing to do with Brady.

lol just cut out the bit where you reference the best qb-coach combo of all time?
    Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the best Coach QB combo in the NFL and all of us Pats fans can agree on that and I guess we are done here because I don't think the Pats and Bill and Tom are that naive to continue falling on Welker as the solution had he stuck around
    Best combo around? I’ll take that further and say probably all time. Welker was moved on because they finally copped on.

btw I doubt that any decision to develop the outside WR is related to Wes going to Broncos. It'll have more to do with Hernandez and Gronk. The pats moved to a TE focused offence after Randy. Wes has had consistent production the past 5 years, doesn't matter if we had Randy on the outside or TEs on the inside.

RB.png

• Advertisement

lol just cut out the bit where you reference the best qb-coach combo of all time?

Cut out?

Right let's look at it again

This was first.....Posted at 02:03am
    Brady has no say on who to draft, Brady has no say on who to sign.Our lack of replacements for Moss had nothing to do with Brady.

And this was second.....Posted later at 07:37am
    Best combo around? I’ll take that further and say probably all time. Welker was moved on because they finally copped on. And although they recruited Amendola, which to reiterate once again, I never wanted to see happen. They at least had the good sense to take on a whole crop of dynamic young receivers.

And including that changes my point how?

So once again, isn't it clear that 'they' refers to the Coaching staff and front office? Didn't I already post before - that personnel decisions are nothing to do with Brady.

And what has the exclusion of that sentence about Brady-Belichick being the greatest winning combination of all time, even got to do with what I quoted? I mean you do understand that a QB doesn't make personnel decisions don't you? Yes I know Brady is God, but Christ he doesn't run the team ffs.

btw I doubt that any decision to develop the outside WR is related to Wes going to Broncos. It'll have more to do with Hernandez and Gronk. The pats moved to a TE focused offence after Randy. Wes has had consistent production the past 5 years, doesn't matter if we had Randy on the outside or TEs on the inside.

Breaking News: A fan of 32 years just finds out Pats switched to a TE focussed offense years ago. Give me a break. Do you actually think you are telling me something I don't know?

Stop obsessing on Wes and his production. The AFC title game was the nail in the coffin. If we had no effective TE targets, then we went to Wes the little slot guy. The Ravens flooded the middle and he was swamped. Oh he had his few receptions but not really where it mattered on the field.

And why was is not effective? Because we had no outside threat/deep option. So we couldn't keep their defense honest. They simply flooded and pushed up and we are neutered.

TE led offense or not is totally irrelevant, because we failed by not having at least one serious deep threat on the team.

I'm sick of talking about this shít and I'm sorry that the rest of you have to read all this. Can we focus on the team, the future, you know, maybe even discuss the game today?

you're getting very worked up over a bit of pedantry. And common sense kind of says that if you reference a group of people, later using the word "they" will be assumed to refer to the same people.

and yeah you did cut out bit about TB-BB. That's pretty obvious.

Anyway if you want to debate Welker's role or the transition to an outside receiver Ill happily join in but this is pretty aids so far so I'm out.

Try and be more condescending. It really works for you.

you're getting very worked up over a bit of pedantry.

If you were being pedantic, it wouldn't be a problem for me. But you were not being pedantic, not imo anyway.

And common sense kind of says that if you reference a group of people, later using the word "they" will be assumed to refer to the same people.
    and yeah you did cut out bit about TB-BB. That's pretty obvious.

Common sense should have similarly told you, to just take note of earlier point before quoting me in a later post?
    Try and be more condescending. It really works for you.

Well if that's my reaction in the face of what some might call baiting or stirring, then I suppose it could have been worse. Truth be told, I was getting inpatient, because I fúcked up my plans for food and beer.

Still if I came across as condescending, then that's not right on my part and I genuinely offer you my apology. So can we put all that behind us and just focus on 2013?

• Advertisement

ugh I hate when people end up being reasonable.

You seemed a bit condescending with "do you think I don't know that posts" and nearly all my posts were pretty dickish, so it probably wasn't undeserved. Sorry.

I should've just said that I don't think Welker's role hurt the team in anyway and I think we'll be lucky if Amendola can replicate what he did. I think the coaches and Brady wanted Wes to stay and any developments with the outside receivers would have anyway, their just more important now because of Wes and the TEs. We might have also struck gold with Thompkins.

I'm more than happy to move on as well.

Game time!

Sound, apology accepted bud. I know how you normally post and you know how I normally you post. So I reckon it's safe to say our exchange was uncharacteristic of the both of us. Anyway, I got the beer and booze in right now so the grumpiness will be eradicated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

You are both cocks. Group hug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

This place is insufferable sometimes.

17-14 at the half. Flat game. Amendola reinjured his groin, our o-line is porous at times but effective other times, few turnovers too but the Bills are not capitalising much bar the last score.

I said in the prediction thread we would go 11-5 and I thought it would have been way too pessimistic to suggest 9-7. But if this is the tone we are going to set? Then I mightn't be far off.

I said in the prediction thread we would go 11-5 and I thought it would have been way too pessimistic to suggest 9-7. But if this is the tone we are going to set? Then I mightn't be far off.

pats will come good ye will make the playoffs thats all that matters

pats will come good ye will make the playoffs thats all that matters

You watching the same game?:(

You watching the same game?:(

im neutral i dont get swept away by a bad performance my team got 4 wins last year i feel your paid dude ;)

im neutral i dont get swept away by a bad performance my team got 4 wins last year i feel your paid dude ;)

I forget, but you're a Raiders fan ya?

I forget, but you're a Raiders fan ya?

Eagles

• Advertisement

Eagles

Oh, sorry, sorry. It's the auld age.

Oh, sorry, sorry. It's the auld age.

:) the pats display had given you temporary insanity

:) the pats display had given you temporary insanity

If this keeps up, it could become permanent. :eek:

If this keeps up, it could become permanent. :eek:

Ye will do grand once ye get gronk back and wes wel.....Aaron her....

Ye have Tom brady:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's not pretty but it's early days and it looks like you'll get the win on the board here.

My brother just told me I knocked back 4 cans off beer in about an hour :o. How is that possible? This team will end up killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats got out of jail today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

This team will end up killing me.

You will be okay, the Pats have released their most dangerous weapon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Hazys wrote: »
    Pats got out of jail today

Why did they visit AH before the ball game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Brandon Lloyd might be getting a phone call tomorrow.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement