Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

kryogen wrote: »
    How is that a "fun" game!

ok not a fun game my curiosity as to who ye will pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ok not a fun game my curiosity as to who ye will pick

Nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Anyone else booked off work tomorrow? Can't wait for tonight's game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Anyone else booked off work tomorrow? Can't wait for tonight's game :)

Starting at 12, not booked it off but still enough time for a sleep. It's going to be a good game, I'm more apprehensive than excited though. If we improve onlast week's performance then great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,912 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

heres a fun game i understand one may not have worked without the others but if you had to pick one of robert craft, bill belichek or tom brady never being a patriot who would ye choose?

following that if you had to chose only one that would be a pat who would it be?
    Easy answer to that is the one I'd pick is Bob Kraft because none of this would have been possible without him.

To pick one out to have never been a Patriot is an unfair question because Belichick and Brady are intertwined. If you didn't have one then you almost certainly would not have had the other. We might never have had the success we had without Brady but Belichick picked him in the draft, developed him and gave him the reigns at the right time.

• Advertisement

Right then, let's see if this offense has grown and gelled any more or if last week was a fluke.

Gweedling wrote: »
    Right then, let's see if this offense has grown and gelled any more or if last week was a fluke.

Summary so far: two rookies targeted & two drops.

Summary so far: two rookies targeted & two drops.

Yep, there's been an abundance of run plays for the past ten mins or so, Ridley's gonna be kept busy tonight. Devastated about losing big Vince too.

Gweedling wrote: »
    Yep, there's been an abundance of run plays for the past ten mins or so, Ridley's gonna be kept busy tonight. Devastated about losing big Vince too.

We are going to have to beat them smash mouth football style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

didn't see the game live last night, but looks like a very positive turn for the offense.

Thompkins getting involved again, Edelman chipping in as usual, even a TD catch from a rookie TE.
    Didn't expect to see it, but Blount is adding to the rushing attack.

If we can keep winning games as we are and get a healthy Danny & Gronk back for the playoffs, we'll be in very good shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Wilfork season is over with a torn achaelis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Arawn wrote: »

Ouch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Arawn wrote: »

Damn, that's a big blow to our run D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,912 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is a huge loss, both as a player and a leader Wilfork is a huge loss. Hopefully he will stay involved while out and be on the sidelines on gamedays. I wouldn't mind one bit blowing a big pick from next year to bring in somebody if we have the cap room obviously.

I feel sick, losing Wilfork is massive. The best NT in the league is just not replaceable, a player who is nearly always double teamed on every snap. I thought the defense was excellent after losing him so early last night. But they are gong to have to step up even more now and try and cover one massive hole.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tbh I rather be 3-1 with Wilfork than 4-0 without him for the rest of the season...major major loss

Disaster. Biggest loss we could have sustained aside from Brady.

To add more to our misery, we have yet to hear about the extent of Dobson's neck injury and Dennard when he hobbled off.

Whatever Talib is asking for, we need to pay him. As good a cornerback performance from a Patriot that I can ever remember.

Thrown at 8 times, 1 completion, 1 yard, 1 interception. Against Julio Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Just got around tO seeing the news now :( Wilfork is a massive blow. Sad day.

• Advertisement

What Talib showed me last night, was the difference between winning and losing our last two Superbowls.

What Talib showed me last night, was the difference between winning and losing our last two Superbowls.

Big time and as JMH says lets hope we pay the man next season. If we do advance in to the post season he could play a pivotal role defensively.

TO. wrote: »
    Big time and as JMH says lets hope we pay the man next season. If we do advance in to the post season he could play a pivotal role defensively.

Oh he so needs to get paid. Talib's impact on the secondary, reminds me of the impact Rodney Harrison had when he arrived.

Talib had a choice between two contracts in the off-season; a one year deal at $5m or a 3 year deal amount unknown.

I felt at the time that choice he made would come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Whatever Talib is asking for, we need to pay him. As good a cornerback performance from a Patriot that I can ever remember.

Thrown at 8 times, 1 completion, 1 yard, 1 interception. Against Julio Jones.

Yep. Just pay the man, he was just incredible last night.

And what a steal Dennard was in the 7th round last year, I know he has off field issues put he has the potential to be a super star.

Apparently the Falcons beat themselves last night:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9746963

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/30/brady-patriots-atlanta-falcons-red-zone-woes-continue-in-frustrating-loss/?sct=nfl_t12_a1

lol ESPN do your thing...SI doing their best ESPN impression (although they've now changed their title from earlier in the day).

Hazys wrote: »
    Apparently the Falcons beat themselves last night:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9746963

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/30/brady-patriots-atlanta-falcons-red-zone-woes-continue-in-frustrating-loss/?sct=nfl_t12_a1

lol ESPN do your thing...SI doing their best ESPN impression (although they've now changed their title from earlier in the day).

Looked at it quickly and saw "Trent Dilfer breaks down..." and I hit the close page right away. Dilfer blow hot and cold with his all over the place opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

To be fair, the whole Defence stood up when it mattered, again.

Brady fumbles on a fourth down sneak, and the falcon's got the ball back at midfield, with 2 minutes left. But the D held out.

And I particularly liked double teaming Gonzalez at the line of scrimmage at the end! That could prove very useful further on in the season!

infacteh wrote: »
    To be fair, the whole Defence stood up when it mattered, again.

Did I say that they didn't? I was only talking about the difference Talib has made to our secondary and what having him might have done in our last two SB losses.

• Advertisement

I have to say in light of the shocking news of Wilfork being out Kelly actually impressed me yesterday. Think its the best I saw him play in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement