Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

You should have Redzone via the red button on SS2.

Great il try that, i dont know the full set up in the pub, i've watched games there before. Does it cost extra for RedZone, is it an on demand service?
    THanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Looking back to game on Sunday, one area the defense needs to cut down on is third and long situations. The Saints were third and 20 in the 4th quarter and we gave up the down. In the game against the Bengals, it was 3rd and 23 with Dalton backed up to his 2 yard line. We gave up the down and they went on a TD game winning drive during that series. We really need to cut out these third and long situations. No doubt Belichick & Patricia will have a word or two to say about it this week in the film room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Looking back to game on Sunday, one area the defense needs to cut down on is third and long situations. The Saints were third and 20 in the 4th quarter and we gave up the down. In the game against the Bengals, it was 3rd and 23 with Dalton backed up to his 2 yard line. We gave up the down and they went on a TD game winning drive during that series. We really need to cut out these third and long situations. No doubt Belichick & Patricia will have a word or two to say about it this week in the film room.

Although giving up 3rd and long is mightily frustrating, the Saints seem to be able to convert it at a decent success rate. In the game against the Fins, they converted 3rd and 10+ at least three times. They are very hard to match up against, so I wouldn't be too critical of your defense for giving up a 3rd and 10+ to a team like the Saints.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Although giving up 3rd and long is mightily frustrating, the Saints seem to be able to convert it at a decent success rate. In the game against the Fins, they converted 3rd and 10+ at least three times. They are very hard to match up against, so I wouldn't be too critical of your defense for giving up a 3rd and 10+ to a team like the Saints.

The issue is they made the exact same mistake the week before against the Bengals. Giving up a down on 3rd and 23, when an offense is backed up to the 2 yard line should not be happening. What made it worse was, it went on to become a TD drive when it should have been a punt. Now our defense has really stepped up this season, but stopping those 3rd and long conversions is one area they need to work on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

BKWDR wrote: »
    Great il try that, i dont know the full set up in the pub, i've watched games there before. Does it cost extra for RedZone, is it an on demand service?
    THanks
    As long as they have SS2, then should have RedZone. Doesn't cost extra, nor is it On Demand.

Hazys wrote: »

Nice one, I was just going to post that.

Nice one, I was just going to post that.

Interesting to see the context around the no high five from Edelman, can't really hear the crowd in the back ground, wonder did he diss him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Interesting to see the context around the no high five from Edelman, can't really hear the crowd in the back ground, wonder did he diss him ?

Yeah it looks bad alright, and the fact that he high five's all the other receivers before Edleman you'd guess Edelman knew what was coming. I guess it's just a case of Brady being extra hard on Edleman now that he's the senior receiver amongst the group. Really impressive from Brady in the video though, he's such a great leader

It is such a total non-issue. When Edelman comes into shot, he looks like he was initially looking up at something. As far as I'm concerned, he was oblivious to Brady's hand being out and didn't see it. Go to 01:09 in the clip and play in back a couple of times and you'll see that Edelman was initially looking up at something. Brady's non-reaction sums the whole non-issue up.

8cUKCJ.jpg
    5cHAJw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

It is such a total non-issue.
    Last series of the game they hooked up for a huge 23 yards to start the game winning drive.
    That's what counts.

Last series of the game they hooked up for a huge 23 yards to start the game winning drive.
    That's what counts.

No doubt.

That's what counts.

Precisely.

Seriously? People are reading waaaaay too much into the missed high five.

This is how Brady should have handled it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Having never had a football helmet on I can't say for sure, but I imagine it fairly restricts your peripheral vision, so even if he was distracted by something else for 10 seconds, he likely didn't even know brady was sitting there.

Great news, I just wish it wasn't against the Jets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Great news, I just wish it wasn't against the Jets.

ah fcuk them. let Gronk unleash hell on them and make up for months of frustration and get him and Brady destroying them. no better team for him to come back against and let rip!

I do take your point about worrying about him being injured, but sure he got injured the last 2 times falling over and on an extra point attempt, so its not as if anything any worse can happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Talib practised today too :D

bruschi wrote: »
    ah fcuk them. let Gronk unleash hell on them and make up for months of frustration and get him and Brady destroying them. no better team for him to come back against and let rip!

I do take your point about worrying about him being injured, but sure he got injured the last 2 times falling over and on an extra point attempt, so its not as if anything any worse can happen!

I like your way of looking at it bruschi.

4AtyRZ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

thats better news IMO. we always knew gronk would be back shortly, but it looked bad for Talib going off on sunday night.

I really, really, really hope, that he can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

With the loss of our two defensive captains Mayo and Wilfork for the season. Ninko and McCourty were today named as the two new defensive captains. I am particularly pleased to see Ninko getting the recognition for all his hard work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Aotearoa

gronk has a horn on him a cat wouldnt scratch. lets have it.

And as most of us suspected already, here's what Edelman said on the missed high five...
    "It cracks me up how everyone has been reacting to it," Edelman said Friday during his weekly radio interview Friday on WAAF in Boston. "It's unbelievable, to tell you the truth. …

"It's crazy. I didn't see him. And I think it was right before a punt return, so I was getting all fired up. You never know with the TV angle how close I actually was -- this, that."

It didn't take long after the game before Edelman was made aware of the high-5 that never was. In turn, he had some fun with Brady -- one of his closest friends on the team -- over the highlight.

"I got it on Sunday night from one of my buddies and I sent it right to him. I was like 'Yeah bro, I guess I'm just too sick for you.' He's over here busting me up and I texted it to him immediately, just to let him know," Edelman said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751450/edelman-on-the-high-5-that-never-was

And as most of us suspected already, here's what Edelman said on the missed high five...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751450/edelman-on-the-high-5-that-never-was

I promise to never bring it up again :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Talib is not traveling to New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Masked Man wrote: »
    Talib is not traveling to New York.

Im ok with that, as long as its not long term I don't mind him missing a couple if needs be. Shouldn't risk him because without him we have no chance against the better passing teams in the play offs

The lift he gives the secondary through his play and through his attitude cannot be ignored

Talib has never played and entire season since he entered the league. Worryingly, he seem to have a recurrent hip/hip abductor issue and he's listed as having a hip issue again in the injury report. So I'd rather see him resting up for a couple of games and have him right for the business end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,914 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sound the alarms!!!!!!

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

Gronk is active

I REPEAT

Gronkowski is Active!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement