Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What a season, every week brings more and more crap. No Wilfork, Mayo and Talib today. Big test for the D today. The Jets front seven are a tough group, so I feel it will be a close game. And Amendola is out yet again, he is beginning to look like pretty poor value. His fault or not, a lot of people have questioned his durability and he's doing nothing to discount those fears,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

BXCIRRtIIAE3wvj.jpg

Gronk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Yo soy fiesta!

rob.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If we stop the Jets from running the ball, we win. I don't think there is a bigger aspect to this game.

Oh and I left out Kelly in my earlier post. The net result = no run defense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

No Kelly or Talib. Didn't see both being out, so this could be a tough day for the D, as shown by the Jets first drive.

Nice strike-back by the Pats. Gronk is such an elite player.

Arrington was so poor on their TD play. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a gunfight.

Thank you Smith!
    Nice by Ryan!

I dont see how we get out of here with a win.

OL has been piss poor 2nd half

D has given up 27pts, yet I'm not sure I can hang this on them.
    The offense isn't doing enough to help a weakened D. Time of possession has been poor.

Still, offense did enough to force OT from a deep position.
    Need the defense to make a play now in OT.

• Advertisement

ah ffs. idiot

That's as dumb as it gets.
    Why? Why?
    Tough field goal, take your chances. Don't do anything dumb.

Two big wins needed before the bye.

That's all the offense.
    to score only 6 points in the 2nd half and overtime is shocking.

Raging :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didn't get to watch it, and by the looks/sound of it, I didn't miss much

A shocking performance. The O line were particularly dire at times and this trend has continued since the Bengals game. The last three games has seen Brady sacked 13 times, not counting the many pressures, hits and knockdowns.

I commend the defense, decimated by injuries they did a fine job. They handed the offense more than enough opportunities to win the game and they were let down big time.

I Know the O-Line has been poor but Brady's continuing trend of missing WRs who are open with some really poor throws is becoming a big concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

He has been worryingly inaccurate. That last shot into the end zone in regulation is a good example, sailed well out of reach. Not a good trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

He has been worryingly inaccurate. That last shot into the end zone in regulation is a good example, sailed well out of reach. Not a good trend.

That was on purpose.

me89 wrote: »
    I Know the O-Line has been poor but Brady's continuing trend of missing WRs who are open with some really poor throws is becoming a big concern.

Continuing the trend? I've seen the odd occurrence, but Jesus you make it sound like it's an affliction. The thing is we don't know the play book, so when we see a guy open

- A) Did Brady not see him?

Or

- B) Did the WR run the wrong route.

None of us can answer that, but the bottom line is this offense is not on the same hymn sheet. Offense starts with protecting the QB and I'm seriously getting worried about the amount of hits Brady is taking. And that will effect any QB's play. Of course he has thrown some untypically out of character passes this season. But our receiving corp has had difficulty getting open in nearly every game this season. With no open targets and with pressure coming, of course Brady is going to zip it to prevent an Int.

People need to step back and look at the big picture. This time last year we had the highest scoring offense, the best red zone offense and the best converting 3rd down offense. So what's changed? The virtual entire receiving corp as we all know. We've gone from best to worst which is no coincidence.This time last year Brady had 12 TD's and 3 Int's compared to 8 TD's and 5 Int's. This time last year the O line gave up 14 sacks, this year it's 20 sacks - a 42% increase :eek:.

Traditionally we really step up in the second part of the season. But I will admit I'm not very confident about that this season. The defense continues to really punch above it's weight despite the turnover and injuries. AFAIK, I'm still looking at an offense that hasn't really gelled yet. There is of course no guarantee that it will happen and that is the big worry for me. Hopefully time and persistence will pay off.

davyjose wrote: »
    That was on purpose.
    It did seem on purpose.

I shudder to think how the offense and Tom would have done without Gronk being back.
    Every time he went to ground, leading with him forearm, I was saying prayer that he'd get up ok.
    8 receptions for 114yrds, was an excellent first game back.

I thought Hightower was exposed at times today.
    And Niko, as much as I love the guy, his production has fallen since Vince (and Kelly) have been out.

The defense gave up 20pts (INT on Tom, field goal on special teams), so it was a good effort by them.
    As dumb a play as it was was Chris Jones, the guy has overall done a really good job.

As for the offense, 1 for 12 on 3rd down (8%) says it all.

Did anyone else fell we could have run the ball a bit more? I didn't think we performed that badly, and the D could have done with some extra time on the sideline.

• Advertisement

As I was saying last week lads about designing protection for Gronks arm. It did look like the team had a bespoke protector made for Gonks arm. So that was at least one positive.

Did anyone else fell we could have run the ball a bit more?

I think we got all we could get from the run game. The Jets have one of the best run defenses in the league, they give up an average of 75 yards a game. We got 90 yards against them so we got over the average.

One man deserving credit today was Ghost. He made a fine clutch kick from 44 yards to tie it up with seconds left. His kicking has really been magnificent this season.

We got 90 yards against them so we got over the average.

One man deserving credit today was Ghost.

I just felt we could have ran another 10 rushing plays instead of throwing, as I felt we were doing a decent job.

Both kicker and punter are having an excellent season.

Just about to watch the game now, but it seems at least there are no new injuries and Gronk came through alright?

Looking for something positive to focus on here, a loss to them is bitter

BB argued with the officials that Jones was on the line of scrimmage when he pushed into the back of Sivek so it wasn't a foul and he was told he was wrong. Well the rulebook backs up BB until NFL changed the rulebook at 6:32pm this evening.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/nfl-changed-the-push-rule-after-they-called-it/

Hazys wrote: »
    BB argued with the officials that Jones was on the line of scrimmage when he pushed into the back of Sivek so it wasn't a foul and he was told he was wrong. Well the rulebook backs up BB until NFL changed the rulebook at 6:32pm this evening.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/nfl-changed-the-push-rule-after-they-called-it/

I mean this in the best way possible, but, who cares?

To blame it on the officials is just an easy way out, they didn't cost us the game

We had enough chances to win that game. I thought after the big lead we had starting the 2nd half with and with possession, we would walk it and the biggest turning point was Brady's atrocious pick 6...thats what really cost us the game.

But saying that, we did tie the game and go into overtime and we were getting the ball back after a missed field goal, needing only a FG to win the game.

A strange foul on the missed filed goal did cost us the game. The rule may have been applied correctly but right now its very confusing. As a fan of the game, i would appreciate an explanation of the rule, its only fair.

To say the officials call (right or wrong) on the missed FG didn't cost us the game is very inaccurate.

The offense looked good in the first half just like the week before but completely fell apart in the second half. Brady was poor again. We had our chances to win it but we didn't take them. Disappointing game all round.

The only positive I can take from this is that we didn't lose a star player to IR yesterday so at least that was a nice change from the norm.

Thats the end of that i guess, onto Miami
    On the field goal play at the end, Chris is obviously trying to do the right thing by stepping up and taking responsibility. But that's not his responsibility. That's ours. I just have to do a better job of coaching that. That's not his fault - BB

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9858071/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-admits-was-wrong-play-penalty?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Interestingly enough the Pats did the same thing against the Saints the week before and it wasn't called.

• Advertisement

With Vince and Kelly out teams are going to run more against us. Vince always required a constant two man double team. Yesterday the Jets ran it 52 times against us for a total of 177 yards. That is an believably high amount of run plays and it just shows the job Vince used to do by plugging the middle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement