Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Last post on this. The Jets did the same thing on our game timing FG but it wasn't called...yes we were fcuked over by that call

Jets-field-goal-push.gif

Jets-field-goal-push.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not saying it didn't happen but there is no evidence that he pushed the player in front of him. In that example at least the Jets player was far more subtle about it. The refs won't see everything, just like how the Pats were lucky with that fact last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Not saying it didn't happen but there is no evidence that he pushed the player in front of him.

No evidence except of course for the double stacked Jets player running into the back of his colleague and pushing with his right arm. Even several repeated looks at the Gifs should make at least that part obvious.
    The refs won't see everything, just like how the Pats were lucky with that fact last week.

Look we know your one and only baiting attempt failed miserably in the week 7 thread. Thankfully it was admirably ignored, so please don't take it in here.

No evidence except of course for the double stacked Jets player running into the back of his colleague and pushing with his right arm. Even several repeated looks at the Gifs should make at least that part obvious.

Look we know your one and only baiting attempt failed miserably in the week 7 thread. Thankfully it was admirably ignored, so please don't take it in here.

Baiting with the truth, I've heard it all now. The fact is the Pats got lucky last week, not sure why that is considered baiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Baiting with the truth, I've heard it all now. The fact is the Pats got lucky last week, not sure why that is considered baiting.

The refs also missed a blatant push-off by Stills, but people haven't been bringing that up because it doesn't help the "Pats were lucky" narrative. Fact is, refs catch some and miss some. Also, not everything that looks like holding in slow motion would actually be considered holding.

• Advertisement

4ZkwhP.gif

I actually had a real good laugh at your post in the week 7 thread. You should really post more often, entertaining stuff if nothing else.

CJC86 wrote: »
    The refs also missed a blatant push-off by Stills, but people haven't been bringing that up because it doesn't help the "Pats were lucky" narrative. Fact is, refs catch some and miss some. Also, not everything that looks like holding in slow motion would actually be considered holding.

The refs miss a lot things during games though, it happens every week to every team. Last weeks hold was a clear hold whether in slow motion or not. It happens though. I think the whole reaction to this has been fairly OTT.

I actually had a real good laugh at your post in the week 7 thread. You should really post more often, entertaining stuff if nothing else.

I will do just to keep you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I think the whole reaction to this has been fairly OTT.

The irony coming from a Raiders fan. Tuck rule anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I think the whole reaction to this has been fairly OTT.
    Not really. It was the first time the foul was called in the NFL, and it was a huge moment to call it, even more-so considering that there are other examples that have not gotten called.

But it's time to move on from it, there was bigger concerns/reasons for the loss that the Pats were in control of.

Next up, it's Miami, and it's a must win as it could end their Division hopes; they host Cinci after that.
    The Jets will travel to Cinci and host Saints in their next two games.
    So very much in our own hands.

TO. wrote: »
    The irony coming from a Raiders fan. Tuck rule anyone?

If you can find a post of me giving out about the tuck rule I'd love to see it.

• Advertisement

If you can find a post of me giving out about the tuck rule I'd love to see it.

I never said you did. I said it in jest really. But I was generalising Raiders fans and the tuck rule for the ****s and giggles. In fact I could say a lot of fans have continuously banged on about a rule that first occurred over 10 years ago. So there is nothing new when a new rule is used and its hotly debated on both sides. Over reactions will be made on both sides of the coin and life will go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Andre Carter is set to sign today

A career in stand up surely awaits you. But I would suggest that you watch a lot more football. Because in every game, every game, you will see missed calls by officials.

me89 wrote: »
    Andre Carter is set to sign today

A much needed veteran presence, but I wonder how well he recovered from that Quad tear.

If i didn't hate the Jets and Rex Ryan enough already:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9862295/new-york-jets-tipped-refs-new-england-patriots-fg-push

Now it makes sense why they went for a 56yd FG.

Bad sportsmanship on the Jets? hmm possibly. Poor and inconsistent officiating by the officials, definitely. Yup, we were robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Not bad sportsmanship. If BB did it we'd be applauding the pats scouting and knowledge of the rules. It's just Rex being a good coach.

Hazys wrote: »

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9862295/new-york-jets-tipped-refs-new-england-patriots-fg-push

Bad sportsmanship on the Jets? hmm possibly. Poor and inconsistent officiating by the officials, definitely. Yup, we were robbed.

Coaches point rules out to referees all the time. They also ask refs to watch out for certain things also if they see it happen and the refs miss it. Ryan was doing something all coaches do.

Looking at how bad Arrignton was on Sunday and the score/plays he gave up. His contract extension continues to baffle me. He was so bad, that even Cole did a better job when he came on.

TO. wrote: »
    Coaches point rules out to referees all the time. They also ask refs to watch out for certain things also if they see it happen and the refs miss it. Ryan was doing something all coaches do.

I understand that and Bill has done this many times.

My main point was that the officials were not doing their job by only calling the penalty once during the game when they should have been calling it all game.

If they called it on our game tieing FG, we would have got 15yds and 1st down with a chance to win it but they called it on us in OT and it handed the game to the Jets. The poor officiating cost us the game (i know we had our chances to win and we should have never been in a position where an inconsistent call by the refs would lose us the game.)

Patriots re-sign Andre Carter

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9862613/andre-carter-back-new-england-patriots

A bit out of the blue but i like it. His veteran presence will be huge for our young DL and if he's even half the player he was for us before, he'll be a great signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,914 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots re-sign Andre Carter

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9862613/andre-carter-back-new-england-patriots

A bit out of the blue but i like it. His veteran presence will be huge for our young DL and if he's even half the player he was for us before, he'll be a great signing.
    I gotta agree its a good signing. Hope he gets back to his best. Its been a tough battle for him since that injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Any update on Armstead? Any hope of seeing him line up soon or even this season?

I'm wondering when we will finally get a look at Armond Armstead. We really could have done with him these past few weeks with Vince & Kelly out. I'm hoping he has returned to practice this week and is off the NFI list. Since we are now past the 6th weekend of football.

I'm wondering when we will finally get a look at Armond Armstead. We really could have done with him these past few weeks with Vince & Kelly out. I'm hoping he has returned to practice this week and is off the NFI list. Since we are now past the 6th weekend of football.

With teams allowed 5 weeks to activate the player the thought by many is that the Pats might wait until after the bye week in week 10. Teams have from Week 7 to Week 11 to activate him. Once back in practice team have a 3 week evaluation period. So they could bring him back into practice and give him 3 weeks to catch up and then play him week 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

NESN wrote:
    File under “moves only Gronk can pull.” It may take Rob Gronkowski a few weeks playing against top competition to return to his former glory, but no one has said that Gronk’s game with the ladies is slipping. Rather than sit at home during the Pats’ bye week, Gronkowski will be hosting the “Citi Rob Gronkowski Football 101 Women’s Clinic,” Boston.com reports. The event will be held at Harvard Stadium on Nov. 11 and will include instruction from Boston-area football coaches that aims to “focus on football basics with a social twist.” The “social twist” comes in the form of a pre-workout cocktail hour, with beer, wine and “Gronk-tinis” available for purchase. After the walk-through sessions and brief station work, the all-female crowd will finish the night with a coffee and dessert hour. All this — and the chance to grab Gronkowski’s attention for thirty seconds — awaits participants who purchase the $99 tickets. When the idea of a ladies-only event was pitched to Gronk’s camp, it’s hard to imagine that the 24-year-old took much convincing. The event is one of several Gronkowski is set to host or attend during the bye week, but it might be the one he’s looking forward to the most. There’s been no word on if any of the Patriots’ rookie receivers will be in attendance, looking to brush up on their “football basics.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/rob-gronkowskis-ladies-only-football-101-clinic-will-feature-fundamental-skills-of-football-gronk-tinis/

How does he get away with it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Tommy Kelly and Leon Washington the only two players not at full pad practice today.

Hopefully Talib and Danny are ready to go this week, we really can't afford another slip up this weekend.

Andre Carter wears #96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Remember when you said you were gonna drop it/let it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,914 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kryogen wrote: »
    Remember when you said you were gonna drop it/let it go?
    Its not easy to do when its the Jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its not easy to do when its the Jets.

Its not that easy for anyone as its that lot, but you have to draw a line and move on. The game should never have got that far. There were plenty of opportunities to win the game and to blame the officials is taking the easy option.

There is nothing to be gained by continuing to moan about it. It happened, it sucked, that's football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Your thoughts, predictions, feeling for Sunday's game gents?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement