Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TaosHum wrote: »
    I think Brady has missed not having a running back who can turn check downs into significant gains. The likes of Faulk and Woodhead had significant roles in the passing game and Vereen is better than both IMO.

Vereen will add another dimension to that offense and after last night, thats a scary thought.

Good point, none of our RB's can really bring the skills Vereen has as a passing option. His beautiful 34 yard TD against the Texans last season sums it up. Brady put a sweet pass into his hands and he showed the handling skills of a vet WR. The only issue is his durability, the wrist break was a freak alright but we need him healthy for the rest of the season..

Hazys wrote: »
    Pats Win! High 5!

8d0b424a44ed11e383e622000a1fb86d_8.jpg

Here's the gif.....

Brady_high_five.gif

Brady looks like he's taking the piss after the last high five. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm really excited to see the Pats offence once Vereen returns. With Ridley playing well, Dobson & Amendola finding their groove, Gronk back and killing it, Vereen should have a great opportunity to show his skills. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy for a little while at least and show us what they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Absolutely loved this move from Chandler Jones.

chan1.gif
    chan2.gif?w=400&h=222

Tristram wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see the Pats offence once Vereen returns. With Ridley playing well, Dobson & Amendola finding their groove, Gronk back and killing it, Vereen should have a great opportunity to show his skills. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy for a little while at least and show us what they can do.

Time now for the Voodoo injury curse over the team to lift and just go away. But if the offense can stay healthy for the rest of the season, then there's every reason to be excited. Brady has already taken a season worth of big hits and they need to stop that crap from happening quick time.

• Advertisement

Chandler Jones is already well past his sack total for last year. He's at 8.5 sacks for the season. If he stays healthy and keeps it up, he's on course for a very impressive 15 sacks. But look at rookie Chris Jones, he's the story of the seaon for me. Nobody wanted him in the draft and thankfully we nabbed him. He has 5 sacks in 5 games and is bringing an invaluable interior rush to our line. So keep it up kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

But look at rookie Chris Jones, he's the story of the seaon for me.
    He has stepped up when asked.
    Very little expected of the kid, but he has made plays and contributed 5 sacks (joint 16th in NFL).

Chandler Jones has been very impressive this year.
    Last year he got injured and his final few games we didn't see the best of him.
    But he has shown that he was an excellent pick (joint 3rd in NFL with 8.5 sacks).

NE are joint 3rd in the NFL with 29 sacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Gregory out for a few weeks with a broken thumb...the way things are going with injuries this season, i'm relived.

No word on Ninkovich...i'm presuming hoping preying no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hazys wrote: »
    Gregory out for a few weeks with a broken thumb
    Damn, he was doing a good job.
    Won't be such a hit if Talib comes back.

Ninokovic practiced today.....phew

• Advertisement

Damn, he was doing a good job.
    Won't be such a hit if Talib comes back.

He was playing really well this year alright. The fact that he's been wearing the communications helmet the last few games says it all. We can only hope for his speedy return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hope that's not the end of Collie in the league, have always felt for him cause of all the concussions!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Hope that's not the end of Collie in the league, have always felt for him cause of all the concussions!

The general feeling amongst Pats fans online is that we could resign him when he gets healthy again. He really appreciated the Pats given him the chance when other teams wouldn't. There is talk of a gentleman's agreement, so he concentrates on getting healthy for now, signs for no other team and the Pats will take him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Laquan Williams signed I see.

A bit of a Raven message board fan favourite as he went to high school in Baltimore and attended college at Maryland. Got a limited amount of offensive snaps in his rookie year and zero offensive snaps in his second year but he did get a ring.

Looked very good in pre-season, was the best player for one game as I remember.

Everyone knows about the Patriots young receiving corps but this third year player is no real addition. A very solid special teamer though

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Everyone knows about the Patriots young receiving corp but this third year player is no real addition. A very solid special teamed though

Thanks for the insight on this new guy. You're spot on because I was just reading a report on this transaction and they mentioned his potential special teams value.

Bill wired for sound for the Steelers game last week. At the start him and Josh and then Tom, are messing about how small the Red Sox players are in comparison to the Footballers :D. The Red Sox lads were invited and honored guests for the game on Sunday.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Sound_FX_Bill_Belichick/696257dd-0b7c-4633-a23a-6c82cad95c79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bill wired for sound for the Steelers game last week. At the start him and Josh and then Tom, are messing about how small the Red Sox players are in comparison to the Footballers :D. The Red Sox lads were invited and honored guests for the game on Sunday.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Sound_FX_Bill_Belichick/696257dd-0b7c-4633-a23a-6c82cad95c79

Listened to it yesterday and was gonna post the link, i love all that mic'd up stuff...its a class part of the footage!

"pocket.....pocket....pocket....pocket...."

Looking back on the season so far, one of the surprises has been Edelman's durability. Aside from the Giants having a look, no one touched him back in FA. His lack of durability during his first few seasons put an obvious question mark over him.

But with no Gonk & Amendola and a wiped out WR corp, he really stepped up and stayed on the field when we really, really needed him. So fair play to him, hopefully he can keep healthy for the rest of the season and earn himself a decent contract. But no matter what, I think he deserves credit for being out there for Brady when he had nobody else.

Nice short little video here on our great leader and the man who shaped him.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=9947933&wjb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

I hate the bye week, need a fix of Patriot football:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Carolina are looking good, Patriots are meeting them at a bad time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Saints are going great and we beat them. In the Belichick era there is no team that you really worry about meeting. I'm not saying we will win, its just that you expect to be up to every test no matter the team or their form.

I am also worried about the Carolina game. Because at the moment, they've got the best defense in the league right now. And it's Brady I'm worried for, he's already taken way too many hits and sacks this season. He's on course for 46 sacks this season, which would be up from 32 in 2012. Not good enough imo. So the O line need to step up. If they protect him we win and if they don't, then we lose.

Given some lacklustre performances and some huge injuries, being 2nd seed to an undefeated team at the end of our bye week, and 2 games ahead in our division is a hell of a position to be in.

Given some lacklustre performances and some huge injuries, being 2nd seed to an undefeated team at the end of our bye week, and 2 games ahead in our division is a hell of a position to be in.

It is and for the first time in many a long year, it's our defense we can really thank for that. Hopefully now the offense will continue on from the Steelers game and reclaim their old habits.

Class photo which I think was taken during the Steelers game. Looks like Ridley is leading some kind of war chant....

6DHSTK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Ed Reed anyone? Bill loves him anyway.

me89 wrote: »
    Ed Reed anyone? Bill loves him anyway.

His ego doesn't match his ability which i think will be the main reason BB says no.

We do have a need a safety with Gregory out for the next couple of weeks. If he's humbled by the release then maybe.

McCourty - Pro Bowl Player
    Gregory - Out for a couple of weeks
    Harmon - Show potential but still only a rookie
    Wilson - A disappointment and tbh he's likely to be released at any point
    Ebner - Special teams only

Reed would only be brought in as a locker room vet, and we have that in Adrian Wilson, albeit he's on IR. Thanks but no thanks. Though maybe just to piss off Ravens fans :pac:

• Advertisement

I share the consensus here so far regarding Reed. He isn't the player he once was and on top of all that, we've got about 4.5 million left in cap space. So I can't see any move happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement