Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Struggling against the run?

The run D is practically non existent! Straight up the middle every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

TD to the beast!
    3pts in it.
    It was mentioned in commentary that this resembles the San Fran game last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Brady showing his MVP status

Incredible!!
    TD to take the lead!!

This would be one hell of a win if we pull this off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Went out to meet the OH for coffee and just got back now. What the **** has happened?>!

• Advertisement

Not sure what Bill said at HT, but maybe he should try it prior to kickoff :-)

Pity we'd to settle for 3pts there.
    Back to the D now.

The offense hasn't helped the D very much in OT.

Wow. What a crazy way to end it.
    Well done guys, hell of a fight back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Never in Doubt :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

BZ5KrgFCQAA3ANO.png:large

• Advertisement

One hell of a victory, both in a literal sense and from a psychological point of view.

Hats off to the coaches and players for the adjustments and the keeping Ridley on the bench!

Oh yeah

10-4

Couple of new records tonight was there?

Brady first time coming back from a 24 pt defecit? Manning first time losing from such a position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shattered after that, expected a loss all week. Nightmare first half, but what a fantastic second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

After a poor year last year how good has Gostowski been this season.

The man deserves more credit.

me89 wrote: »
    After a poor year last year how good has Gostowski been this season.

The man deserves more credit.

I don't think he had a poor year overall, but he did have a few uncharacteristic misses. We only noticed because he never ever did that.

But this year he has been absolute perfection and long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

What a comeback....that result was a statement.

Wonder what the score would have been if it hadn't been for all the turnovers in the first half.

We are so, so spoilt to have the best coach of all time and the best QB of all time at the same time. Enjoy these final few years of it, it'll never be seen again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Talib was immense in that game. I'm worried about his hip going forward. It's incredible that he is turning in such fine performances when it so obviously hinders his motion.

Ninkovich and Jones were both great at different times but the loss of Wilfork was never more apparent.

My love for Edelman just grows and grows. Doesn't seem to get a lot of plaudits which surprises me. This year would have been much different without him.

Tristram wrote: »
    My love for Edelman just grows and grows. Doesn't seem to get a lot of plaudits which surprises me. This year would have been much different without him.

At one point in the game I just said to myself, this man has to get paid and this man must get a juicy contract. In the past I questioned his durability, but when we really needed him, the man was there. When everyone fell and all we had was some rookies, Edelman was the last Vet standing and that is huge.

"cometh the hour cometh the man."

I hope he gets his reward when the season ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Fell asleep last night i think at Broncos 3 TD's up , woke up this morning, CONVINCED that the Broncos had whooped us, was deciding whether or not to black out the score today and watch when i got home and figured that we had lost and put myself out of my misery...cant wait to watch the rest of the game tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

im neutral to this but if I was either a broncos or a patriots fan, I wouldnt exactly be jumping up and down.

I think the weather played its part in a crazy game, but not sure there is too much to take away from that.

im neutral to this but if I was either a broncos or a patriots fan, I wouldnt exactly be jumping up and down.

I think the weather played its part in a crazy game, but not sure there is too much to take away from that.

I think coming back from a deficit that only 5 teams had come back from in the last 490 attempts is worth getting excited about.

Moving to 8:3 after defeating the previously 9:1 Broncos (many people SB favorites) after trailing 24:0 at half time.
    If you can't jump up and down after that, then what's the point in following a team.
    The weather was a factor against both teams, and each side had excellent performers. There was a lot for both sides to take away from the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Moving to 8:3 after defeating the previously 9:1 Broncos (many people SB favorites) after trailing 24:0 at half time.
    If you can't jump up and down after that, then what's the point in following a team.

Exactly. The very essence of what makes sport so incredible. If you can't get excited over that, there's little hope for you. Take up knitting.

Well done lads, I called it after the Saints game, and I'll say it again, this season has fairytale written all over it. I think it'll be yours!

In fairness they talk about west coast teams having to come to Foxboro and facing the weather, but the Pats have to play in those conditions the same as any other team!?
    Wind and cold conditions make it hard for any team or QB and makes the come back all the sweeter!

Ridley. What to do!

Talk now of him riding the pine for the rest of the regular season. Would you start him? He seems to be a liability every time he's run the ball and now with other teams knowing he has a problem holding on to the football is it worth playing him?

davyjose wrote: »
    this season has fairytale written all over it. I think it'll be yours!
    Unfortunately, I think it might remain a fairytale.
    Our OL continues to be Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to protecting Tom and helping the running game.
    And injuries in the defense will get exposed further down the line; Moreno ran for 224yds last night.

The offense is now where we all felt it would be at the beginning of the season.
    It's a shame that we've lost so much on defense, with a few guys (Talib, Dennard) out there and not being close to 100%

But injuries are suffered across the league, and there's a lot of games left where injuries will go a long way to determining who wins out.

But at 8:3, an offense that is clicking, excellent punter and kicker, the hope that the D can get fit, and the Tom/Bill combo; we may just go on a SB run.
    Now that would be 'unprecedented' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

How I felt Tuesday morning:
    arrested-development-george-michael-fall.gif

How I felt this morning:

Ridley is like that ex-girlfriend whose number you call when you know you shouldn't. It starts off great, reminding of the good times and this time it may actually work out but he/she ends up breaking your heart and you feel sick wondering why it went wrong.

Hopefully we don't drunk text Ridley during the playoffs

• Advertisement

I must give credit to Ridley for being a good teammate regardless how depressed and guilty he must have felt.
    Shane Vereen (34) and Stevan Ridley (22) celebrate a touchdown by Brandon Bolden (38) that pulled the Patriots within 24-14.

bos_u_pats_kh_400.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement