Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

TO. wrote: »
    Snow hasnt reached south or southwest yet and I think there is more rain than actual snow due over the next few days. But you could be looking at snow for Dec 8th :D

Edit: Just turned on the weather channel. What they got in Boston is not proper snow its barely half an inch :D

I haven't seen any snow in the city yet. It was cold Sunday and Monday morning buts pretty mild now.

I was thinking of going to the Browns game, but decided not to...its the morning after our 12 pubs, i dont want to be extremely hungover, freezing my ass off for 3 hours, i'll gladly be in a warm state of depression on the couch, chowing down on some pizza instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    That was nothing but a pathetic retort aimed at discrediting the poster and not the post

I highlighted you nonsensical point about the first half and made it very clear in bold. Now if you think that's aimed at you rather than the point you made. Well then you need to debate more around here mate.
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    just like that is too.

But you did immediately repeat what I said. Which is something I do find completely childish.

In my opinion a key incident was the decision by DRC to try an catch the hail mary at the end of the first half injuring his shoulder in the process.

Well that point won't find any sympathy amongst Pats, by virtue of the plague of injuries that our team has endured all season. Dennard tried to play 4 days after a meniscus procedure, when he shouldn't have even been on the field for at least 2-3 weeks. Talib is still not 100% with his hip, we had to take a time out in the 4th so he could have 30 seconds of quick physio because the hip seized up on him after a play. That's just a snippet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I highlighted you nonsensical point about the first half and made it very clear in bold. Now if you think that's aimed at you rather than the point you made. Well then you need to debate more around here mate.

More of your 'debates' where you just tell people they should 'cop on' and call them immature?
    But you did immediately repeat what I said. Which is something I do find completely childish.

I was not so subtly (or so I thought) hinting at your own petty juvenile comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Hazys wrote: »
    I haven't seen any snow in the city yet. It was cold Sunday and Monday morning buts pretty mild now.

I was thinking of going to the Browns game, but decided not to...its the morning after our 12 pubs, i dont want to be extremely hungover, freezing my ass off for 3 hours, i'll gladly be in a warm state of depression on the couch, chowing down on some pizza instead.

You ever fancy a few pints watching a game let me know will send you my number through pm. Im in Easton at the moment. Hopefully the lads on here can organise a trip next year for the game for an Epic Boards Tailgate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

You came on here this morning and said nothing in response to the points I made last night.

Your 'points' were finalised with a petty sly dig that's why, they didn't deserve a response.
    And that was after you persisted you the stupidly negative and unconstructive devils advocate accusation. So when you lower the tone here and insult another user. Don't be surprised to see yourself being asked whether you have some 'cop on' crop up in the future.

There was no accusation at all, I made my standpoint quite clear from the start, you just chose to take it way too close to heart for some reason.
    Yes I found that response this morning to be quite juvenile and petty.
    Since it contained nothing of substance towards the issue you raised, apart from attacking me.

The issue it was meant to raise was your own petulance, to which point it did.
    I'm sorry to say, but your subsequent posts only proves my initial assessment to be correct. I had a lengthy exchange recently with Billy86 and you'll also be disappointed to learn, that he and I have had quite a few exchanges since then. As grown men, there are no issues nor would I expect there to be from either of us. So I suggest that whatever issue you yourself may have toward me, you'd probably be well served by parking them inside your head.

This is just too much like talking to a brick wall and so I'm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Can you guys please take it to PM or something? It's not even a football debate anymore.

Can you guys please take it to PM or something? It's not even a football debate anymore.

My apologies to you and fellow users here for contributing to that. It was certainly not my intention, but I had no choice but to defend myself from a petty insult and I always will. I can assure you, that regardless of any further provocation on this matter, I will not be discussing it anymore.

My apologies to you and fellow users here for contributing to that. It was certainly not my intention, but I had no choice but to defend myself from a petty insult and I always will. I can assure you, that regardless of any further provocation on this matter, I will not be discussing it anymore.

I dont mind debates/arguments as long as they're about football! :)

That's also one hell of a professional reply :pac:

Some of you guys might remember our halfhearted talk a few months back, about going to the Broncos game. I remember thinking at half time, thank feck that never worked out. And then look what happened, boy did we miss out on one hell of a cracker. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

12 pubs :eek: Dear oh dear.... A putting it before sport!! Shame on you and bah humbug...

Some of you guys might remember our halfhearted talk a few months back, about going to the Broncos game. I remember thinking at half time, thank feck that never worked out. And then look what happened, boy did we miss out on one hell of a cracker. :(

Yeah I had great intentions of going back then! Then things started going tits up, had to get a new car after my old piece of crap broke down in the middle lane of the M50 at 6pm on a Tuesday evening. Not a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Vanolder wrote: »
    12 pubs :eek: Dear oh dear.... A putting it before sport!! Shame on you and bah humbug...

The 12 pubs is a sport. Its got acts of physical prowess, mind games, rules, strategy, a cheering section, etc with all the pain and drama of real sport.

Yeah I had great intentions of going back then! Then things started going tits up, had to get a new car after my old piece of crap broke down in the middle lane of the M50 at 6pm on a Tuesday evening. Not a good time!

Next year... There is always next year. In other words Lads you know what you have to do.

I know where you're coming from mate, I faced a totally unexpected shítfest this year which derailed it for me.

Next year... There is always next year. In other words Lads you know what you have to do.

I'm sure they do, bring plenty of ear plugs. Just in case someone sets Corvus off on one of his lengthy, meandering, debating rambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dh1985

The 12 pubs is a sport. Its got acts of physical prowess, mind games, rules, strategy, a cheering section, etc with all the pain and drama of real sport.

You forgot endurance

I'm sure they do, bring plenty of ear plugs. Just in case someone sets Corvus off on one of his lengthy, meandering, debating rambles.

Could you imagine me and you disagreeing and debating in person haha

Could you imagine me and you disagreeing and debating in person haha

Ya I could, I'd start the day waking up on your spare couch. And I'd end the night sleeping in the garbage bin out the back :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Pats fans.

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Pats fans.

Some of the lads here will be enjoying their turkey today no doubt. And those of us on the wrong side of the pond, have another 27 days to wait.:(

Just looking back to this class moment, when Brady ran over to Gronk after he scored the first TD on Sunday. I don't remember Brady ever looking so seriously psyched and in the zone? And I remember thinking this might mean bad things for our opponent. :D

6V4CsJ.gif

Some great behind the scenes stuff here from the Broncos game. Bob Kraft showing his typical class when meeting Wes and some rare mic'd up clips from Scar doing his thing on the sideline.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/BOSE-Sounds-of-the-Game---11292013/ed049b1a-7959-4a8d-aac5-d81d4327bf5c

Not surprised to see Ridley benched and declared inactive for today's game. But will Bolden or Blount now step up and take the lead RB role from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Why is Dobson inactive?

Masked Man wrote: »
    Why is Dobson inactive?

Foot injury.

Oh come on 3&1 goes untouched for a 20 yard TD run. :mad:

Really poor first half. No intensity whatsoever.

me89 wrote: »
    Oh come on 3&1 goes untouched for a 20 yard TD run. :mad:

One of the softest running TD's I've ever seen us ever give up.

• Advertisement

I wonder how bad the Thompkins hip injury is? He made a lovely catch but landed really heavy on it. That's our two talented rookies gone in back to back games. Getting really sick of this injury crap all season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement