Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Awful start by the offense. Edelman drops a ball he should have caught and Dobson & Thompkins probably would have caught the very first missed pass which sailed past Gronk.
    Edelman could only get fingertips on it.
    Pass to Gronk was overthrown.
    Tom is getting the pass protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Edelman could only get fingertips on it.
    Pass to Gronk was overthrown.
    Tom is getting the pass protection.

I didn't think the first pass to Gronk was over thrown, I just feel he hasn't' the kind of Gazelle like spring that Dobson & Thompkins have for a pass like that. The second miss I put on Brady though.

That's the third three and out. Another very poor start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

This is horrendous. Thank God Cleveland have only mustered 6 points. We have been absolutely awful in so many first half games this year. This may be the worst aside from Denver.

Why the hell isn't Blount getting more carries?

This is horrendous. Thank God Cleveland have only mustered 6 points. We have been absolutely awful in so many first half games this year. This may be the worst aside from Denver.

I suppose I should be glad that I've missed a lot of the game thanks to GP. These poor starts really need to stop, because it won't be good enough in the playoffs.

• Advertisement

Drops, drops, drops.
    When you're not playing well, simple drops hurt a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Horrible first half :eek:

Drops, drops, drops.
    When you're not playing well, simple drops hurt a lot more.

Just caught some of those drops when GP started working. It looked like the early season again. :mad:

Brady sacked again and it's not the first time I've seen poor play by Solder give up a sack this year.

Awful in just about all aspects.
    Offense will have to really step up as it doesn't look like the d can make a decent stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Hope Gronk is ok,that was a nasty hit.

He's done today, just hope it's not more serious than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

There goes Gronk's season, ****ing cheap hit. ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

That injury could mean the end of any chance we have this season :(:(

Aimed for his knee.
    If it's the end of Gronks season, it's the end of the Pats SB run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wasn't a cheap hit at all. Get over yourself. Hope he's alright, but it's a fair tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Clean hit nothing wrong with it. But the biggest problem is helmets and knees don't go well together and these defensive guys have been told they cant go high so going low within the rules is the next best thing

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wasn't a cheap hit at all. Get over yourself. Hope he's alright, but it's a fair tackle.

Might be a "fair" tackle but that was aimed directly at his knee, with a high chance of injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Might be a "fair" tackle but that was aimed directly at his knee, with a high chance of injury.

He was trying to take him down. Gronkowski is a beast of a man, best way to take him down is to try go for his legs. There's no nastiness in the hit at all. Clean and fair.

Season over. Both ours and Gronks. I have no doubt about that :(

Without him, we'll limp into the playoffs but we don't stand a chance.

So you are saying the tackler hit him with the intention of fooking his knee up? Because that is what you are saying when you call it a cheap shot.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    So you are saying the tackler hit him with the intention of fooking his knee up? Because that is what you are saying when you call it a cheap shot.

I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but of course I have no way of knowing the intentions of someone else. There are ways to make that tackle in a safer fashion and still make the stop, i.e. using your arms and wrapping up. Ward went in like a rocket aiming at Gronk's knee. To me, that's a cheap shot, but that's just my opinion, no more valuable than that of anyone else

You're not gonna stop Gronk by hitting him in the chest. NFL is encouraging lower hits to bring down the big guys, Ward just obliged. Ugly hit, but he's doing his job as the rulebook allows him to.

I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but of course I have no way of knowing the intentions of someone else. There are ways to make that tackle in a safer fashion and still make the stop, i.e. using your arms and wrapping up. Ward went in like a rocket aiming at Gronk's knee. To me, that's a cheap shot, but that's just my opinion, no more valuable than that of anyone else

I coach and play the game and with a helmet and pads on you trying to wrap legs at speed is a 50/50 shot at best. The amount of times I have seen it over the years even here in the US guy goes low to try tackle and misses. The rugby low tackling style doesn't always work and is not very effective at the best of times. Defensive players are actually thought to put their whole body into cut blocks and tackles that require you to go low that way if you make contact momentum will bring someone down especially guys as big as Gronk.

TO. wrote: »
    I coach and play the game and with a helmet and pads on you trying to wrap legs at speed is a 50/50 shot at best. The amount of times I have seen it over the years even here in the US guy goes low to try tackle and misses. The rugby low tackling style doesn't always work and is not very effective at the best of times. Defensive players are actually thought to put their whole body into cut blocks and tackles that require you to go low that way if you make contact momentum will bring someone down especially guys as big as Gronk.

I will defer to your superior knowledge, and of course there is some strong emotion seeing Gronk probably out for the season. For me, I didn't like that hit, I hate seeing the low shots on players, because of how easily a serious injury can result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

it was a nasty hit, but nothing dirty about it.

All the rules now punish defenders for going high against a receiver who doesn't see them coming. Apart from allowing Gronk to run downfield, don't see what other option the DB had.
    Had the defender made contact a half second earlier Gronk would have been up and back in the huddle on the next play.
    The injury was just bad luck.

We resigned Collie? Missed that completely.

As expected :(

RT @ProFootballTalk: MRI tomorrow for Rob Gronkowski (knee) but initial testing "not encouraging....Not looking good," source said.

Crazy comeback!

Need to keep the ball away from Cameron and Gordon here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I love this team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement