Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

me89 wrote: »
    The reason they didn't get much pressure in the first 3 quarter's was because Brady was getting rid of the ball within 1 or 2 seconds. As soon as Brady wanted to look deeper down the field the o-line couldn't cope yet again. It needs to be sorted, one hit on Brady and the season could be over.
    This, he had no time. He played wonderfully well despite it but he didn't have time to let plays develop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hazys wrote: »
    Its a bit crazy all the criticism Gronk gets in the offseason when he's just a young guy having fun and seems like a generally nice fun loving dude.

An underrated aspect of his character which doesn't get any publicity is the amount of charity work he does: http://instagram.com/p/iCFcg1wYP5/

Absoloutly *not* taking away from all the charity work that the team do but afaik all the players have to carry out X AMOUNT form of charity work, be it community projects or civic duty and that's part of the whole Bob Kraft experience.
    But i do admire them when you log on to instagram or facebook and see the photos from them help fix up a hospital or visiting under priviledged kids etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

BKWDR wrote: »
    Absoloutly *not* taking away from all the charity work that the team do but afaik all the players have to carry out X AMOUNT form of charity work, be it community projects or civic duty and that's part of the whole Bob Kraft experience.
    But i do admire them when you log on to instagram or facebook and see the photos from them help fix up a hospital or visiting under priviledged kids etc.

True...but there's a lot he does through his own foundation outside of his mandatory charity work that gets no recognition

http://gronknation.com/archives/4129

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

No surprise to see Solder out of practice today with the head injury. For safety reasons he should be benched for the season, because we can't afford to have him suffer a third head injury in less than two weeks.

Thompkins and Dobson practiced today, hopefully they'll play Sunday. We certainly could have done with them against the Dolphins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

No surprise to see Solder out of practice today with the head injury
    Back today.
    I kinda hope he doesn't play, I don't think it's worth the risk.
    Let ensure we have him in week 16 and into the post season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Back today.

I wish the Patriots were more conservative with players returning from injury. It would not surprise me to see Solder play this weekend and get injured again.

Back today.
    Tristram wrote: »
    I wish the Patriots were more conservative with players returning from injury. It would not surprise me to see Solder play this weekend and get injured again.

I totally agree lads, Solder should be rested for this game at the very least. He suffered a concussion less than two weeks ago. He then gets a knee in the head when he's on the ground last Sunday. Now he's back at practice yesterday. I mean do they want to shorten his career? If he suffers another nasty blow or concussion come Sunday, then that would be a very bad thing. If need be, I'd end his season. No players career or long tern health is worth risking for any game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Boyce is out.

Masked Man wrote: »
    When Bill really gets into talking about football, I could listen to him all night.

• Advertisement

Boyce is out.

Sure wasn't it too much to ask to have him fit. If our other rookies can return this week and keep fit for the rest of the season then that will be something.

When Bill really gets into talking about football, I could listen to him all night.

You really could, after all his years coaching he still remains a passionate student of the game. It's so great to see it and just get those brilliant snippets into his coaching brain. It doesn't always happen, but when the odd journalist gives a good football question, you can really see him just light up.

Solder is out for the Ravens game and I'm glad to see he's not being risked. Thompkins is also out for his third straight game, hopefully he'll make it back for the Bills game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Is Dobson active?

Vanolder wrote: »
    Is Dobson active?

He traveled with the team and has a good chance of playing apparently.

Patriots inactive players:

LB Dane Fletcher
    DT ]Isaac Sopoaga
    TE D.J. Williams
    DE Jake Bequette
    LT [Nate Solder
    WR Josh Boyce
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins

Good start for the Pats.
    Blount is making the RB position his own.

It'll be a shame to see Ridley possibly cut att he end of the season, I still feel that he's got a lot to offer. But in Bill I trust; so hopefully they'll also lock down Edelman as well!

Phew, a relieved Hightower who should have had the INT, but Ryan completes the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

A very good start :)

It's now turned into a great start, 14:0
    Glad to see Ridley get some of those carries.
    Credit also to Danny for the big play.

• Advertisement

Ah no.
    Vereen, hamstring groin, questionable to return.

Injuries injuries injuries. It's just non stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Injuries injuries injuries. It's just non stop

It's pretty amazing. It seems like after every second play there is a Patriot down injured somewhere. Team probably doesn't get enough credit for what it's doing this season. A lot of sides in the NFL would have tanked under similiar circumstances.

Unfortunately the offense hasn't turned up in the 3rd quarter.
    Nice stop by the defense on 4th down. Need to offense to now kick into gear and start really burning up the clock.

And the offense also fails to turn up in the 4th quarter so far.
    The defense really has done a good job in the 2nd half with the offense struggling.

Offense has done nothing since the 1st quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Cheers guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done tonight lads. We were awful, but you got the job done nice and early and we never looked like threatening at all.

Paully D wrote: »
    Well done tonight lads. We were awful, but you got the job done nice and early and we never looked like threatening at all.
    Yeah, it kinda was over early. Pats struggled on offense and it helped bring Ravens back into the game.
    But for Baltimore, it's all about the decline of Ray Rice. He's bailed the Ravens/Flacco out of situations so many times.
    It's a huge area of concern for the Ravens next season.

• Advertisement

After all those close games its nice to be able to sit back and relax for the last few minutes of the game. Great defensive performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement