Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Vanolder wrote: »
    The Pats have been in playoff mode nearly all season
    I like that line.
    We played 11 one score games, so I'd imagine that the team will feel that they are never out of a game, particularly as our biggest loss was by just 7pts.

I'm not even thinking about the Chargers @ Bronco's game though, just focused on Saturdays match first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The only thing I'm certain about on Saturday is, we won't be repeating last years 59-24 victory over the Colts. Hard to know what offense we will even line up with all the injuries. But I'd gladly settle for another Blount wonder show. If we can bring the mental fortitude and the physical dominance we showed against the Ravens, then we'll be well set. Brady Vs Luck is a master Vs apprentice style match up. Luck is a great talented the kid, the best young QB in the league for me by far. But if Brady can be kept upright, then he'll get the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Have to say, the blount/ridley dynamic towards the end of the season is starting to remind me of the dillon/moroney days a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I've only seen bits and pieces of the Colts, and only the first half the other night, but they seem suscepible to quick slant and screen plays, the one thing the Pats have been doing well all season. Like Corvus said, if Brady is kept up then there will only be one outcome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Indy's comeback was good but it was facilitated by the Chiefs D being decimated by injuries as the game went on.... How many Ints did Luck give up? 3/4? The Chiefs could/should have been out of sight and I think Luck will throw up as many turnovers this weekend too, he has to be punished each time. They also gave up 44 points to Alex Smith at home! While Smith is probably better than most rate him, he aint no Brady... We will see how Indy go on a cold Foxborough night....With the a bye week, lets hope the secondary has healed up some bit.

I wouldn't rely on Luck turning the ball over TBH. He's had 9 picks all season before the weekend. Colts had the fewest turnovers in the league.
    The other thing is all season we've struggled mpre against mobile QBs. The Chiefs clearly gameplanned for that. But Brady is not a mobile QB.

I think your running game could be the difference maker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Deion Branch has signed with the Colts!!!

Talk about mind games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Probably a good scouting move.

Mwah hah hah hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

They wont learn much from Branch at this point that they don't already know. A lot has changed since Branch played with the Pats last. Simple mind games is all. But the Pats do it all the time so its not going to take them by any surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Have to say, i have a good feeling about Saturday. Can feel it. Defence do what they've been doing all season and someone has a Blount day on the offence and i can see us taking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Spikes now on IR ha you couldn't make it up, we now have no run defense.

Anyone else think we won't resign Spikes in the off season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

me89 wrote: »
    Spikes now on IR ha you couldn't make it up, we now have no run defense.

Anyone else think we won't resign Spikes in the off season?
    I don't think it's that surprising, he really has been playing on one leg for a bit.
    Even though it appears that he's been playing through the pain, Bill/Robert will only base their decision on footballing reasons.

Just thinking, here we are in the playoffs yet again and no Gronk. Put him on the field for Brady and it's game set and match all the way to the SB. The most dynamic, unstoppable offensive force in football is never around when we need him most. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

One year Corvus....one year

Just thinking, here we are in the playoffs yet again and no Gronk. Put him on the field for Brady and it's game set and match all the way to the SB. The most dynamic, unstoppable offensive force in football is never around when we need him most. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

But then at the start of the season, (seems so long ago but wasn't so long ago) with the injuries sustained we didn't think we would be where we are now. AND given that Gronk was out for more than half the season it shows they can pull this off.

*Positive Vibes*

Sorry lads, I just can't get being pissed about Gronk out of my head. Third year in a row and here we are yet again. Maybe we should just let him start playing at the last three games of any season, to get him sharp for a SB run. Extreme I know, but if he's back early nest season then he won't be around come playoff time.:(

Sorry lads, I just can't get being pissed about Gronk out of my head. Third year in a row and here we are yet again. Maybe we should just let him start playing at the last three games of any season, to get him sharp for a SB run. Extreme I know, but if he's back early nest season then he won't be around come playoff time.:(
    Didn't he initially get hurt on a special teams play at the end of a blowout against Indy?

Seems nuts that he was out there. One flaw ive always felt Bill had was a inability to rest guys when the game is over.

davyjose wrote: »
    Didn't he initially get hurt on a special teams play at the end of a blowout against Indy?

Seems nuts that he was out there. One flaw ive always felt Bill had was a inability to rest guys when the game is over.

In fairness is was a freak accident, he was doing a regular blocking play, caught the arm at an awkward angle and his fracture nightmare started. You can't even anticipate something like that happening. The game was virtually over so there was no point in even taken him off the field. Going forward a lesson was certainly learned, even the way we were easing him back in this season. But look at Brady and Manning, they love playing so much it's almost impossible to get those guys off the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Apparently McDaniels has withdrawn himself from consideration for the Browns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Apparently McDaniels has withdrawn himself from consideration for the Browns.

Smart move. Id say he has realised he is not yet ready to try being a HC again and besides he will get more success in New England than he will in Cleveland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good news if true, think he needs more time as a coordinator before moving to HC, hopefully he has learned from his past errors and will continue to learn from BB and go on to be a tremendous HC

That's good new about Josh and a wise move on his part. Even if he stays until Bill steps down, there is no guarantee he'll take over as HC. Often thought to myself, I'd like to see a another HC with a strong defensive background like Bill taking over some day.

Somebody hit me with some positive news/stats/ or complete made up bullsh*t, I need a fix!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Somebody hit me with some positive news/stats/ or complete made up bullsh*t, I need a fix!!

Amendola and Brady were full participants in practice yesterday. Only Dobson didn't participate at all

Breaking News: Everyone returned from injury today, Wilfork, Mayo, Gronk, Dobson and all the rest. And the NFL announced we won't have to make any roster cuts as a bonus.

Hidden in all this was the ground breaking news about Gronk. He underwent the first musculoskeletal transplant - basically his bones and joints have been replaced by Kevlar armour and his muscles by a silicone based artificial alternative.

The lead surgeon - Professor Dreamland said... "Don't worry Pats fans, it's the same old Gronk, except he's now uninjurable." Professor Dreamland said he will also be operating on Talib next week to sort out his nagging hip issue.

Bill Belichick was reported to be unavailable for comment last night, due to him celebrating our Superbowl win in advance, in Vegas, with Rex Ryan.

Breaking News: Everyone returned from injury today, Wilfork, Mayo, Gronk, Dobson and all the rest. And the NFL announced we won't have to make any roster cuts as a bonus.

Hidden in all this was the ground breaking news about Gronk. He underwent the first musculoskeletal transplant - basically his bones and joints have been replaced by Kevlar armour and his muscles by a silicone based artificial alternative.

The lead surgeon - Professor Dreamland said... "Don't worry Pats fans, it's the same old Gronk, except he's now uninjurable." Professor Dreamland said he will also be operating on Talib next week to sort out his nagging hip issue.

Bill Belichick was reported to be unavailable for comment last night, due to him celebrating our Superbowl win in advance, in Vegas, with Rex Ryan.

:D

I guess I asked for that one!

Dobson out :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

With the Hulkster behind us, you may as well cancel the playoffs...its over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

BKWDR wrote: »
    Dobson out :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dobson is a loss, but if the team can cope with Gronk being out it will cope with Dobson, need big games from.....well, just about too many players to name actually

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement