Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

All I wanted this season was for the rookies to bed in and get some playoff experience under their belts. Dobson came back from injury and went straight out again :(. Yes we've done our best without the Gronk, but Dobson was a big contingency for our outside/deep threat. Losing him is a big loss, narrows the field and makes life a bit easier for opposing defenses. I only hope young Thompkins can step in and do a good job for us. Because we really need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dh1985

All I wanted this season was for the rookies to bed in and get some playoff experience under their belts. Dobson came back from injury and went straight out again :(. Yes we've done our best without the Gronk, but Dobson was a big contingency for our outside/deep threat. Losing him is a big loss, narrows the field and makes life a bit easier for opposing defenses. I only hope young Thompkins can step in and do a good job for us. Because we really need it.

is it certain that Thompkins is fit. Hopefully Dobson might get a chance next week.

dh1985 wrote: »
    is it certain that Thompkins is fit. Hopefully Dobson might get a chance next week.

Thompkins is still listed as questionable so he may not play. In my earleir post I was just kinda hoping he can play.

RE:Dobson playing next week? Let's just hope we can overcome the Colts tonight for that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Nothin arrogant about that post!:pac:

I dont think there is anything arrogant about it. I am hoping they would win today. Like I hope the apatriots would win the superbowl. Hoping is far from arrogance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

100 per cent chance of rain in the game tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Just like all the posts in the Broncos thread hoping for a bowl win. Nothing arrogant about being hopeful about a players status for next week also.
    me89 wrote: »
    100 per cent chance of rain in the game tonight.

Yup miserable here at the moment raining most of the morning so far and plans to stay that way long into the night. Only thing is its fierce windy where I am and over in Foxboro also at the moment. Hopefully that wind fooks off. Not too cold though compared to recent weeks.

Spikes is done as a Pats player if the reports are true:

Turns out that when the Patriots placed linebacker Brandon Spikes on the IR list earlier this week, it wasn't only because of the balky knee that's been bothering most of the season.

Although he was ranked by Pro Football Focus' metrics as the top run-stopping linebacker in the league this year, the Patriots ended his season before the playoffs began in part because he was late to a team meeting last week, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Spikes' reported tardiness apparently was the "final straw" for coach Bill Belichick, and the IR transaction reportedly was a mutual decision.

Spikes recorded 82 tackles on the season and recorded the second interception of his career, and although the Patriots statistically have one of the worst run defenses in the league, New England decided it was better if Spikes didn't play.

Considering Spikes will enter unrestricted free agency after this season, this might be the end of his tenure in New England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

In your offseason?

TO. wrote: »
    Spikes is done as a Pats player if the reports are true:

No doubt about it all right. And before this report emerged, I already felt he was in his last season anyway

• Advertisement

The winds are picking up here and in Foxboro also. Have a feeling they will play a part in the game tonight. 15-15mph with gusts of up to 50. I have a feeling whoever gets their ground game working could walk away with this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Ah it was mostly Tongue in cheek. You pats fans are so sensitive..

**Gets popcorn:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Best of Luck lads. Hope it's a cracker, no injuries, no controversies, just a classic Colts-Pats showdown!

davyjose wrote: »
    Best of Luck lads. Hope it's a cracker, no injuries, no controversies, just a classic Colts-Pats showdown!

I'll settle for that.

davyjose wrote: »

Word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I see Branch is inactive tonight. Great fun and games!

infacteh wrote: »
    I see Branch is inactive tonight. Great fun and games!

And none of us seen that one coming...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Five minutes to go. I'm scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

jaysis, nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

my sky is acting up on me where can I stream the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Jamie Collins has been impressive tonight.

Can't say the same for Arrington or Gregory....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

****ing Blount !!!!!

:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well deserved win for the Pats, definitely didn't expect it to be such a run dominated offence tonight, but it worked perfectly for you guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlwaysOutraged

Vanolder wrote: »
    Yeah, our run game needs to be at its best, and I think it will be, we have a good balance there... on the flip side, Indy don't have much of run game, and as seen by the Saints, Chargers, and both 49ers and packers, the run game goes a long way in the playoffs. The Pats have been in playoff mode nearly all season, coming back from adversity throughout, the same will continue on Saturday!! I refuse to focus on anything but the positives :pac:

Blount magic!

Jamie Collins made the play of the game for me with his fantastic Int. I love his long rangy athleticism. He is really starting to settle into our defense, give me that any day over the one dimensional play of Spikes. We've long needed LB's to able to drop back and impact the pass game. I think Collins will become a real gem in our defense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I said to friends at the start of the season it would be a hawks/ pats SB, however I expected them to get there with Gronk and everyone fit and not in jail!

If they do it's an amazing achievement, however I will have to wear my hawks TJ Houshmanzandeh jersey!

Would you guys prefer to play chargers or broncos next week?

I said to friends at the start of the season it would be a hawks/ pats SB, however I expected them to get there with Gronk and everyone fit and not in jail!

If they do it's an amazing achievement, however I will have to wear my hawks TJ Houshmanzandeh jersey!

chargers as home field advantage would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Purely from home field advantage id say The Bolts

• Advertisement

BLOUNT!!! What a beast and what a steal he was.

Shout out to our MVP Gostowski, the man is even a great punter :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement