Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Broncos have signed former Pats CB Marquice Cole to replace Chris Harris who has been placed on IR.

Yip we know, it was reported in here last night.....
    me89 wrote: »
    I see Marquice Cole has signed for the Broncos, more mind games.

By all means do play him, because he's one of the worst CB's the league.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good luck with him, I really hope he plays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

hahahahahahaha Marquice Cole. If he plays you know where the ball is getting thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Not ideal to have Brady miss a full practice before the biggest game of the season.

Not ideal to have Brady miss a full practice before the biggest game of the season.

Dude is always mentally prepared.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    Dude is always mentally prepared.

Yes but how sick must he actually be to miss practice?? I mean he never misses practice.

Yes but how sick must he actually be to miss practice?? I mean he never misses practice.

He has missed practice plenty of times in the past and gotten on with it on a Sunday. Who knows at this point but its rare for Brady to perform badly due to a "sickness". The Pats dont seem worried about it so neither should we ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlwaysOutraged

He missed the Wednesday before divisional game in 2010 as well I think, it won't be an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

By all means do play him, because he's one of the worst CB's the league.:pac:
    Do you seriously think that Cole was signed by the Broncos with the intention of playing him on Sunday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Do you seriously think that Cole was signed by the Broncos with the intention of playing him on Sunday :rolleyes:
    You hardly think they just signed him for information? If you do then :rolleyes: right back at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 AlwaysOutraged

Lads when are next seasons fixtures out, April? Planning a trip to New York but wanna squeeze in a game... How easy is it to get tickets for home or away games? If they are playing any where along the East Coast I'll try go.

Lads when are next seasons fixtures out, April? Planning a trip to New York but wanna squeeze in a game... How easy is it to get tickets for home or away games? If they are playing any where along the East Coast I'll try go.

The schedule should be out around mid-May I think but I could be wrong. I haven't been to an NFL game stateside myself in nearly 13 years :(, so I'm probably not the best source of knowledge for tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Thread tidied up - bans and infractions will be forthcoming following review by all mods.

Please everyone back on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000314049/Sound-FX-Colts-vs-Patriots

Do i hear right after the bad long snap and safety Brady says, 'who gets the ball now' (FastForward to 2'49)

edit: I am not for one second suggesting that Brady doesn't know who gets the ball back etc etc etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dh1985

Any news on thompkins and dobson. Will they be ready for this weekend

dh1985 wrote: »
    Any news on thompkins and dobson. Will they be ready for this weekend

Dobson returned to practice this week but was limited, so you would wonder what role if any he will play on Sunday.

Thompkins had the concussion, but I'd imagine he will have passed protocols by today and should be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HP300

go pats

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Go Pats indeed. Haven't been on here in a while! Shoddy stuff from myself!

So I actually like it in a way that we're underdogs. Gives the guys something to get worked up about. They should be underdogs. Broncos have far superior offensive weapons and are at home. But we got the better coach and I'd argue the better QB for this type of scenario. Very much looking forward to it. If we do go onto the Superbowl and - imagine - winning it it'd be absolutely ridiculous. There's no way, based on the talent of the roster, we have any right to be winning the Superbowl. It'll be a testament to the unbelievable brilliance of both Bill and Tom.

Fox1978 wrote: »
    Go Pats indeed. Haven't been on here in a while! Shoddy stuff from myself!

Unforgivable indeed, but like the return of the prodigal son, your Pats brothers will forgive you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

Unforgivable indeed, but like the return of the prodigal son, your Pats brothers will forgive you.

:D Thanks Corvus!

• Advertisement

:D Thanks Corvus!

Corvus is still a pr1ck :pac::p

Dobson returned to practice this week but was limited, so you would wonder what role if any he will play on Sunday.

Thompkins had the concussion, but I'd imagine he will have passed protocols by today and should be available.

Is it too much to ask to have both of them back for Sunday. Hopefully both are firing on all cylinders Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

There's no way, based on the talent of the roster, we have any right to be winning the Superbowl. It'll be a testament to the unbelievable brilliance of both Bill and Tom.
    Fully agree. I think it's already a testament of the brilliance of Bill and Tom.

Who would have figured that Collins, Vellano, Chris Jones, Siliga, Ryan and Fletcher would be core components of our defense.
    And the offense would lean so heavily on the rookies WR's, that Henandez would be in jail, Gronk wouldn't even make it into the post season again, and Wes would leave.
    Our last game of last season, our main receivers were Welker(8), Hernandez(9), Lloyd(7), Vereen(2), Branch(2), Woodhead(1).

Despite all the changes, we go 12:4 (losing 4 games by less than a score), win our Div, earn the bye, and then win in the playoffs 22:43 to advance to another Conference Championship.

I still fear that it's just too much to go into Denver against a strong Broncos team and get another win.
    But we're in with a chance, and no one would be surprised if we do pull out the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Fully agree. I think it's already a testament of the brilliance of Bill and Tom.

Who would have figured that Collins, Vellano, Chris Jones, Siliga, Ryan and Fletcher would be core components of our defense.
    And the offense would lean so heavily on the rookies WR's, that Henandez would be in jail, Gronk wouldn't even make it into the post season again, and Wes would leave.
    Our last game of last season, our main receivers were Welker(8), Hernandez(9), Lloyd(7), Vereen(2), Branch(2), Woodhead(1).

Despite all the changes, we go 12:4 (losing 4 games by less than a score), win our Div, earn the bye, and then win in the playoffs 22:43 to advance to another Conference Championship.

I still fear that it's just too much to go into Denver against a strong Broncos team and get another win.
    But we're in with a chance, and no one would be surprised if we do pull out the win.

Believe!!!

Wrote this in the other main thread and I honestly stand by it:
    I must be in the minority of Pats fans who thinks we will win. I honestly think we have an excellent chance to beat the Broncos. Sure they have an excellent offense and have the potential to blow us out but I don't think they will and I do think the Pats will keep the game close and squeak a win. The Broncos defense has issues and I feel Brady and Co will exploit them and keep us in the game. I also think Manning will be sacked 2-3 times in the game and throw a couple of Ints forcing a pass down field trying to exploit our secondary. The Pats have been pulling games out of the bag all season long and I don't see this game any differently. They have already exceeded my expectations this season also given the injuries and what not so no biggie if we lose.

Seahawks and Pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Wrote this in the other main thread and I honestly stand by it:

+1 to all that.

Manning can certainly be got at or slowed down and if Dobson and Thompkins are out there dragging their average secondary around the place Danny and Jules will get us up the field bit by bit if needs be. Vereen is another option, who also adds to a well balanced run game that should ensure that the altitude will not be a factor if all 3 are used as expected. Keep Tom standing and we know there is always a chance... He got this team up and down the field with 3 slot receivers in various games this season and against better Pass Ds than this Broncos team.

Not only will the Pats win, they are going to walk all over these fu*kers...

If you told me that this time last year i would have laughed you all the way out of this thread. Really has been the most amazing season.

But i think we win Sunday. Cant wait!!!!!

Corvus is still a pr1ck :pac::p

I think you left out the Nazi part there.:pac:

Is it too much to ask to have both of them back for Sunday. Hopefully both are firing on all cylinders Sunday.

The way it's been all season, of course it's too much to ask. But it would be great to have both 100% on Sunday. My only worry is, both were stating to settle in well 6-7 weeks ago, but they've had a lot of disruption since then. Injures have forced us to run, but we'll need more offensive balance against the Broncos to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think the pats can get the win on Sunday.

Also have a 10 euro note on them to win the Super Bowl @ 5/1 ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement