Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Thread tidied up - bans and infractions will be forthcoming following review by all mods.

Please everyone back on topic.

I feel like I missed a lot of stuff :(

Getting that nervous energy feeling already with the game almost here!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

kryogen wrote: »
    I feel like I missed a lot of stuff :(

Only some visitors to your team thread.

69uSb6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Here is to an epic game. LETS GO PATS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Sick with excitement. Hope to god we beat the Broncos tonight. Such an achievement to get this far with all the injuries. A testament to the depth and ability of the squad. Enjoy the game folks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlwaysOutraged

Are Dobson and Tompkins active?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Are Dobson and Tompkins active?

Dobson is, Thompkins isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

So so nervous :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

spiralism wrote: »
    Dobson is, Thompkins isn't

Thanks for the update. Thompkins being out is just in keeping with the season I suppose.:(

It must be very hard to see for the broncos with the orange background(crowd)

we're in trouble here.

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    we're in trouble here.

It might be a bit soon now for me to say this but how many times were we behind before and still came back. In Tom we trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Need a score on this drive

Talib needs to grow a fooking pair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Thought that as well when they said it was a rib issue, could be a different story if his knee is ****ed.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Thought that as well when they said it was a rib issue, could be a different story if his knee is ****ed.

Cortisone and get back on the field our season is dwindling at this point plenty of time after the season to get fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

TO. wrote: »

He obviously wants to get back out there by his body language. Not his decision IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Sorry for being a bit of a **** stirrer in game thread, but from reading lots of forums i had had enough of the "our injuries were the worst" ****.
    You have mostly good fans, but some bad apples too (who doesn't).

Enjoy the superbowl with your fingernails intact

That feeling when u realise you wont get to see your team play again for 7/8 months :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Keep the heads up lads and ladies. There is always next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

Tough loss but it didn't spoil what was probably the most enjoyable season (other than the SB wining years) for me as a fan. I never had any expectations for this team after all the injuries. What a ride though. Incredible season. Loved this group of no name players.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unlucky lads, don't think stuff clicked on offense or defense tonight, but with the injury list, getting this far was an impressive feat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »

The great Logan Mankins comes to mind, the guy plays an entire season with a torn ACL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Massive effort to get as far as they did with a chronic run of injuries to big players. Was always going to catch up with them against the better teams eventually. Even if they had somehow muddled through a win today I think they would have been mauled in the Superbowl.

This season has been one hell of a rollercoaster

To get to the Championship game alone with everything that has happened has been a testament to how good BB is and how good TB is, truly a HOF qb and coach. To get through the regular season as number 2 seed is even more impressive!

Hopefully the rookies learned a lot this year and can build on it next year. The bad luck following the team in terms of injury is surely due for a break after its impressive showing this year!

The window is beginning to close for Tom now, some good moves in the off season are important to give him the best chance possible of getting a 4th ring

Thanks for the season Patriots, no shame in falling short tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Commisserations lads, ye had a hell of a season considering all that came with it. Ye'll be back and better than ever next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

In the end we just ran out of steam and into a far superior team. Do you guys have enough faith in the two young wideouts or is there some big bodied receiver entering free agency that we could make a move for?

Also the guys questioning Talib I'd say we'll know the answer whether he could of played by whether bill decides to keep him or not.

A fun season in the end and probably the most exciting season since 07 although I probably aged about 20 years with all the close finishes.

Despite all the injuries the team never gave up and showed great heart, I guess this was just one game to far but there is no shame in that.

The exciting thing is when every one is back next season were probably only 2/3 signings away from a superbowl. A big fast WR is a must and hopefully we draft another good TE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hard luck lads, pity both teams weren't at their best, it would have been very interesting. NE were exposed tonight with their losses but ye were up against every man/woman/child & animal in Denver tonight :)

That two years in a row Talib has gone down when the team really needed him, in the championship game, with the amount he will cost and his injury record (hip, knee etc) I am not so sure it will tell the story either way.

I think from his body language he wanted to play, I dont think he was allowed to return, such a talent, but unless he gets the hip mainly, sorted, I dont think we will ever be able to rely on him. I am not doubting his ability, just his durability, likewise Gronk, we all know what he can do, but a safety net has got to be looked at for when he goes down. He has never been available in the biggest games and considering our offence relies so much on him even if he is not being thrown to thats a huge problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

How are we for cap space?

Any more news on being able to recoup some of that money tied up in hernandezs contract?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement