Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    You two should hug it out :D

We never did.:(

The again we would probably debate for days about what is a hug? What defines it? Where and how it should be positioned & the technique used to constitute it as hug.....:pac::pac::pac:

The again we would probably debate for days about what is a hug? What defines it? Where and how it should be positioned & the technique used to constitute it as hug.....:pac::pac::pac:

wooooow woowowowooo slow down someone mite think your a cowboys fan :D

completely off topic and not relevant to the pats or football but boards is an outstanding excuse to not do that project that needs doing :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

People would end up saying things due to us hugging so often haha :D

Edelmen rejected an offer by us tonight and is off to visit 49ers in the first of many visits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Something like.............

• Advertisement

Edelmen rejected an offer by us tonight and is off to visit 49ers in the first of many visits

It would really suck balls to lose Edelmen now :(

I hope he just takes a look, sees whats out there, rejects them all and then comes home on a fair deal

boards is an outstanding excuse to not do that project that needs doing :mad:

Ah feck it, better to immerse yourself in Football and the FA frenzy so you can reach this point....

55409_something-is-due-today-gandalf1.jpg

By which stage it will be to late and you won't have wasted any time stressing.:D

kryogen wrote: »
    I hope he just takes a look, sees whats out there, rejects them all and then comes home on a fair deal

I'm worried because Edelman is from the Bay area and now he's out visiting the 49'ers :(. But as you said hopefully he'll come back us, NE is his real home after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Brandon Browner to the Pats on a 2 year deal according to Rappaport.

Nice addition to the secondary. He does come with PED baggage though and a 4 game suspension. Brady must be wondering when he's going to get someone to throw the ball to though. Especially if Edelman leaves which looks very possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems like it's being denied by Browner's agent now though.

• Advertisement

Brandon Browner to the Pats on a 2 year deal according to Rappaport.

Nice addition to the secondary. He does come with PED baggage though and a 4 game suspension. Brady must be wondering when he's going to get someone to throw the ball to though. Especially if Edelman leaves which looks very possible.

deepest receiver draft ever ye could spend any or a few of ye're top 4 picks and get a starter. also i still think steve smith would be an awesome signing for ye but i know corv is sick of "runts":D kelvin benjamin could be worth a shot to get that big guy needs to work on some stuff but has the potential to be a freak.

Ah feck it, better to immerse yourself in Football and the FA frenzy so you can reach this point....

By which stage it will be to late and you won't have wasted any time stressing.:D

slippery slope... but oh so tempting sleep beckons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Disappointing news. I reckon Edelman would be a great fit for the 49ers. Anyway, fingers crossed they don't make him a good enough offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

If you guys get Browner I'm going to cry. It seems unfair somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,917 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looks like we have Browner now, pretty awesome secondary if its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

deepest receiver draft ever ye could spend any or a few of ye're top 4 picks and get a starter. also i still think steve smith would be an awesome signing for ye but i know corv is sick of "runts":D kelvin benjamin could be worth a shot to get that big guy needs to work on some stuff but has the potential to be a freak.

We should just follow the Packers scouts around and find out who they are going to draft at WR! They seem to strike gold all the time, especially with the higher picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Are you kidding me? They are his employer for fooks sake. Such a ridiculous statement to make even if it is Pro Sports we are talking about.

Are you having a laugh? Have you ever heard of an employee not giving a sh1t about their employer? Don't make such a preposterous statement. It's perfectly plausible that Vince Wilfork couldn't give a toads as to whether the Patriots have cap room or not. Get real.

It seems the penny is finally dropping regarding the D, thank **** for that! Cannot win a championship without a strong D and I am confident that weapons will be added on offence now too to give Brady and the rest a real shot at the big one.

The draft wouldnt be a bad place to pick up a receiver or two but I would rather an experienced one, a deep threat who they could learn from and could contribute big right away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dh1985

Some confusion about browner signing. Agent is adament he has not committed to the pats yet. Hope this doesnt drag on. I think seattles anhilation of the broncos has refocused the issue of having a good defence

• Advertisement

Red Crow wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? Have you ever heard of an employee not giving a sh1t about their employer? Don't make such a preposterous statement. It's perfectly plausible that Vince Wilfork couldn't give a toads as to whether the Patriots have cap room or not. Get real.

I have heard lots of employees who could care less about their employer or what their employer wants and been one of those employees myself in certain jobs but that is just an excuse for someone who generally doesn't like working their job or their employers are knobends. In this case Wilfork has been treated well by the Patriots for 10 years as have most NFL players.

The big difference between a Pro sports team and a regular full time job is that NFL teams chop and change employees every year to suit their own requirements. A regular job does not. Either way not giving a **** about the job you are in or the employer who hires you shows ones true character for said job.

If you dont care what your employer wants well then you should leave quite frankly. I wouldn't even say that ever crossed Wilforks mind though. He probably cares about the goal of the Pats but just doesn't agree with it. There is a huge difference between not caring and not agreeing.

Nature of the beast for Pro teams and at this point every player knows they are at the mercy of their team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

eagle eye wrote: »

Where you seeing that EE?

I haven't seen it confirmed yet. It only became news in the last 20 mins that he cancelled his trip to Washington, probably cos he's going to sign with the Pats...still need the confirmation tho :o

Another worrying aspect about Edelman's visit to the 49ers...they are his hometown team and the team he followed growing up :(

Hazys wrote: »
    Another worrying aspect about Edelman's visit to the 49ers...they are his hometown team and the team he followed growing up :(

I honestly think we lose Edelmen today. He will be a good fit for the 49ers and their hybrid Pistol offense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I honestly think we lose Edelmen today. He will be a good fit for the 49ers and their hybrid Pistol offense.

I'd say the possibility of him staying gets a lot less as each day passes. Shame really. He won't be catching 105 passes in San Fran!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Woodyard signed with the Titans, 4 years for $16m.

I will be gutted if we lose Edelman and so will Brady no doubt. Amendola will never be on the same page with Brady the way Edelman was. Unfortunately if Edelman does go, then Amendola will be with us for 2014. And if that's the case, then he better get his as on the next flight to California and live on Brady's couch for the next few months.

infacteh wrote: »
    Woodyard signed with the Titans, 4 years for $16m.

Disappointed but i didn't see us spending that much on him, probably why he ended up with the Titans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Ugh i dont want to be sat here in 6 months relying on Amendola to make the big plays cursing the day we didn't pay Edelman to stay.

• Advertisement

In case not all of ye are aware of it, it's Patriots dynasty week this week on NFL Network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement