Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Mallet traded to texans room for Aiken too resign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

@jeffphowe

The Patriots had trade discussions with the Texans, Cowboys and Bills, per source.

Probably got a decent pick for him so

I wouldn't invasion butler or Logan playing a SS position. More of a two deep FS, for long 3rd downs. Just there speed and insiincts, combined with there ball hawking would be useful. I wouldn't in vision them Ning in to stop the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'll be pleasantly surprised and grateful if it's a 4th or better.

6th rounder...not bad for essentially our 3rd QB who probably was going to be cut...i'd say BB would have hated wasting a roster spot on a 3rd QB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I just don't see Browner being good enough to be a SS. If he can't make it as a Corner I can picture him being cut. I think it would be a wasted slot over a natural SS. Browner is solid 1 v 1 with a corner down the sideline. He lacks in coverage and I can't seem he tracking a big tight end. He is a straight line physical corner and I can't ever see him working out as a SS. If it happens and I am wrong I will take back what I said but can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'll be pleasantly surprised and grateful if it's a 4th or better.

His lack of game experience makes a 3rd round pick very unlikely. I reckon it will be a 4th round pick. Which will do us nicely imo.

Thank feck he's traded, I been waiting on this since March. Kudos to young Jimmy G for the outshining Mallet and finally making the trade a possibility.

Hazys wrote: »
    6th rounder...not bad for essentially our 3rd QB who probably was going to be cut...i'd say BB would have hated wasting a roster spot on a 3rd QB

A 6th rounder? And here was me hoping O'Brien would be generous with his old mates and give us a 4th. :(

@jeffphowe

Pats get a sixth-rounder for Mallett, per @taniaganguli. Increased the compensation due to negotiations with three teams.

A 6th rounder? And here was me hoping O'Brien would be generous with his old mates and give us a 4th. :(

TBH i thought he was going to be cut so i was expecting a conditional 7th.

The value for veterans is so low...we only got a 4th for Mankins, no way we were getting the same for a 3rd QB

• Advertisement

With the Mankins move and the roster cuts, we now have a very healthy $14.2 million in cap space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Safe to say we were holding more hope than expectation.

Safe to say we were holding more hope than expectation.

I was hoping for a straight swap with Andre Johnson :D

TBH i thought he was going to be cut so i was expecting a conditional 7th.

The value for veterans is so low...we only got a 4th for Mankins, no way we were getting the same for a 3rd QB

With his knowledge of our offense, I don't think we would have cut him and run the risk of a close rival picking him up. A trade was the only way I saw him going. But tbh, I thought we had no hope of trading him at all after his first preseason game.

Christopher Price @cpriceNFL

It Is What It Is » Patriots sign LB Ja’Gared Davis, RB Jonas Gray to practice squad http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/08/31/patriots-sign-lb-jagared-davis-rb-jonas-gray-to-practice-squad/ … via @WEEI

Looks like Beauharnais might have been claimed elsewhere :mad:

I'm not 100% sure how the practice squad claiming goes but i think he may be gone

Christopher Price @cpriceNFL

Per @RapSheet, DL Kelcy Quarles claimed by Patriots for psquad. That would make 3 of 10.

I presume he means 53 man roster

I was hoping for a straight swap with Andre Johnson :D

Or failing that, I would have reluctantly accepted J.J. Watt.....:pac:

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL

So Texans waited 6 months to trade for a guy whose contract expires in 4 months?

Interestring point and no time to develop him into their system over training camp.

The more I look at it a 6th rounder is high way robbery

I'm not 100% sure how the practice squad claiming goes but i think he may be gone

Losing Beauharnais is a disappointment.

Players who have been claimed off waivers will be added to their 53 man new roster. Players who went unclaimed, are free to sign with any practice squad.

Vollmer being moved to guard popping up on twitter.

I like that move strengthens up our inside.

• Advertisement

Interestring point and no time to develop him into their system over training camp.

The more I look at it a 6th rounder is high way robbery

Have to agree considering he has done fook all and has only 4 months left. Surprised anyone traded for him to be honest.

Losing Beauharnais is a disappointment.

Players who have been claimed off waivers will be added to their 53 man new roster. Players who went unclaimed, are free to sign with any practice squad.

Oh yeah i knew that but what i meant was the fact that only 2 of the players we cut made it to the practice squad. So i presume we tried to cut Beauharnais and claim him for the Practice squad and so the fact only 2 players made the practice squad Beauharnais has been claimed to somebody else's 53.

But maybe all the info hasnt been released yet as of all the players we cut, only two made it the the practice squad...seems very low. That means a lot of our players we cut were claimed by other teams or we didn't bother claiming many of them.

Im hoping most of the info hasn't been released yet and Beauharnais could still be on our practice squad...fingers crossed

Two possible O- Line combinations

LT - solder
    LG - Connelly
    C - wendell
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

The other

LT - solder
    LG - Kline
    C - Connelly
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

Cut wendell

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Terms: The #Texans traded a 2016 conditional 7th round pick for #Patriots QB Ryan Mallett, source said.

Damn not a 6th after all....I would have kept Beauharnais and cut Mallet over a conditional 7th round pick

Interesting:
    Quarles is a South Carolina product who had 9.5 sacks last season — more than first overall pick Jadaveon Clowney — but he went undrafted this past spring. While in camp with the Giants, the 6-foot-4, 298-pounder suffered an ankle injury, which appeared to set him back a bit. But according to those who watched him, was still able to compete for a job. He was part of New York’s final cuts on Saturday.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/08/31/report-patriots-add-dt-kelcy-quarles/

empacher wrote: »

LT - solder
    LG - Connelly
    C - wendell
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

The other

LT - solder
    LG - Kline
    C - Connelly
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

Cut wendell

He's over his injury so all going well, Stork should be able to make an impact a Center. More roster moves will come and if Wendell is cut I won't be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Seriously stop stealing our players!! :(

empacher wrote: »

LT - solder
    LG - Connelly
    C - wendell
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

The other

LT - solder
    LG - Kline
    C - Connelly
    RG - vollmer
    RT - cannon

Cut wendell

We are under 53 right now with Mallett gone. 52 and that includes Tyms and Browner.

LT - Solder
    LG - Connolly
    C - Stork
    RG - Vollmer
    RT - Cannon

I think these guys would be our strongest O-line but Wendell will get the nod over Stork to begin the season as Stork carried an Injury and lacks practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Live game on sky next week , shall head out for a few drinks to watch :D

roll on Sunday !!!

• Advertisement

I don't think Wendell will get cut.

He's a cheap veteran who's first starting season with the team was very promising but dipped a good bit in his second, to early to cut bait on him.

At worst, he's a decent, cheap, backup option at C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement