Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was wondering about that post and I see you edited it.:D

I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried by a Brady being on the injury report. That is a regular thing that Bill does.

Ha thought I got away with it. I don't mind him being on the injury report but it's not often he would miss practice 3 days before a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Brady missed training today with a calf injury...must be reasonably serious if he missed an entire practice.

Still expected to play on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Brady spotted on the practice field today jogging and stretching. Listed as questionable, but he should still play. Let's hope that's the last time he's injured this season. In fact, let's hope that's the last time he's injured before he retires............in 2024.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

The GOAT to retire in 2024? Yes, I can live with that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi guys. Long time lurker. I only kept half a watch on this thread last season because it was my first full season following the NFL. I started watching about 3 years ago and I don't know why I've started to follow the Patriots but something just drew me to them and I remember the first time I said WOW watching American Football was watching Gronk and Brady do their thing. Also got a Patriots hoody and t shirt so no going back now!

So, after spending last season trying to learn the rules, I know enough now to follow and comfortably enjoy a game but still don't know the game fully. Learning all the time. I thought I'd get to know more about the team this year. Just following updates here and on Twitter for the moment because I still don't know enough to join the conversation. But if I have a question I will ask but please don't laugh if it's silly or obvious :)

Bring on Sunday night :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He has been listed as questionable most games for years now hasn't he?

(or have I just been imagining things!)

kryogen wrote: »
    He has been listed as questionable most games for years now hasn't he?

(or have I just been imagining things!)

Listed as questionable in the past with a Shoulder issue. But he has never missed practice with a calf injury before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,918 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Listed as questionable in the past with a Shoulder issue. But he has never missed practice with a calf injury before.
    Are you kidding? Brady has been on the injury report a ridic amount of times. He was listed for something like 26 consecutive weeks with his knee by Belichick. It was a running joke for a long time.

Are you kidding? Brady has been on the injury report a ridic amount of times.

kidding about what? You seem to be interpreting my earlier post completely wrong. I mentioned his questionable with a shoulder issue, because that's what he tends to be on the injury report most often for. And if you don't believe me read this...

From October 2013.....
    After Tom Brady's right shoulder made its season debut on yesterday's injury report, it seemed worthwhile to find out where this whole thing started. Well, consider yourself about to get schooled.

The classification of the injury began in 2003, when his "arm" was listed on the report from Weeks 4-13. It then turned into his "right shoulder" in 2004, and it was listed on every regular-season injury report from 2004-10, with the obvious exception of the time he spent on injured reserve in 2008. (Brady's right shoulder was actually removed from the injury report at the end of Week 1.) Brady was listed as "probable" every week in which his shoulder was the only ailment.

Brady's right shoulder never appeared on the injury report in 2011, but it returned four times in 2012: Wednesday and Thursday of Week 5, Wednesday of Week 6 and Wednesday of Week 16. His game-time status was not designated in any of those weeks because he had been removed from the report by Friday.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/10/examining_the_history_of_tom_bradys_right_shoulder_injury

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Long time lurker. I only kept half a watch on this thread last season because it was my first full season following the NFL. I started watching about 3 years ago and I don't know why I've started to follow the Patriots but something just drew me to them and I remember the first time I said WOW watching American Football was watching Gronk and Brady do their thing.

Welcome to the Pats thread and the AF forum.:)
    dobman88 wrote: »
    I still don't know enough to join the conversation. But if I have a question I will ask but please don't laugh if it's silly or obvious :)

Your opinion and contribution is as important here as anyone else. We learn stuff from each other all the time. There always be somebody happy to help you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I mentioned his questionable with a shoulder issue, because that's what he tends to be on the injury report most often for.

True and Brady being questionable with that right shoulder, has probably assumed legend status with most Pats fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Welcome to the Pats thread and the AF forum.:)

Your opinion and contribution is as important here as anyone else. We learn stuff from each other all the time. There always be somebody happy to help you.

You are the friendliest mod iv come across on Boards. Fairplay to you.

Im also in the same boat as dobman. Lived in Boston for a while last year and went to the gilette for one match and after that i was hooked, still dont know the full rules etc but im growing my knowledge all the time. Buzzing for tomorrow night :D

Corvus the mod.

fpigs.gif

You are the friendliest mod iv come across on Boards. Fairplay to you.

Dude, I'm not a Mod. Football fanatic? Yes. A Mod? No.:)

Corvus the mod.

fpigs.gif

Eagle - I can't see that image you put up, the link is restricted.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Long wait nearly over , excitement steadily building !!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Just game one, but it'll help answer a few questions:
    How will the OL line up. No Mankins, and a new OL coach. Protecting TB needs to improved upon from last year.
    The return of Gronk. Will he return elite, and can we use him more sparingly.
    The DL. Are we going to be a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense.
    Can Jones be an elite pass rusher. Can Vince still dominate. Will Easely add to this team.
    Who is going to make that safety spot their own along side McCourty. Noone has done it in camp or pre-season.
    Can Dobson and KT step up this year and drastically reduce their drops.
    Can Amendola stay close to 100% and be close to the player he was meant to be.

While I'm confident that we can win this game; for all that can go right for us, we still have issues that leave a doubt in my mind.
    But while we have Bill and TB I still believe that there is another SB for us.

Gonna be really hot with high humidity in Miami today.

Dude, I'm not a Mod. Football fanatic? Yes. A Mod? No.:)

Eagle - I can't see that image you put up, the link is restricted.:(
    It seems to have disappeared now, it was a gif of a flying pig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Gonna be really hot with high humidity in Miami today.

Wont affect the Players too much been like that in NE all Summer long including the pre-season and all of this week. At least they have had some acclimatisation to the hot humid weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

All that waiting is OVER.

Pizza and beer and Jersey out and ready!!!

• Advertisement

Going to be a good game. Concerns over both o-lines , so that's going to be an interesting watch. Gronk will play limited snaps, I except to see line up in red zone situations for sure . Our efficiency without him has been very poor in that area . How we use him aside from that will be interesting.

TO. wrote: »
    Wont affect the Players too much been like that in NE all Summer long including the pre-season and all of this week. At least they have had some acclimatisation to the hot humid weather

And we worked hard in tough sessions with Washington. Players should be in great shape and well prepared for everything they face today .

Going to be a good game. Concerns over both o-lines , so that's going to be an interesting watch. Gronk will play limited snaps, I except to see line up in red zone situations for sure . Our efficiency without him has been very poor in that area . How we use him aside from that will be interesting.

According to the media here Gronk will see very little game time if at all. He released the news against the clubs wishes during the week and BB has come out since and said he will see how it goes but he wont see a lot of action. So it will be interesting to see how much time on the field he gets. Don't forget 7 surgeries in the off season so Id say we wont use him.

I think Wright will fill in nicely for Gronk and give us that extra option in the red zone. and Hooman will help with the blocking aspect. No real reason to even play Gronk today.

TO. wrote: »
    According to the media here Gronk will see very little game time if at all. He released the news against the clubs wishes during the week and BB has come out since and said he will see how it goes but he wont see a lot of action. So it will be interesting to see how much time on the field he gets. Don't forget 7 surgeries in the off season so Id say we wont use him.

I think Wright will fill in nicely for Gronk and give us that extra option in the red zone. and Hooman will help with the blocking aspect. No real reason to even play Gronk today.

Interesting . Everywhere I was reading said he will just have them limited. Guess we will just have to see what happens game time . I think a lot of us didn't want to see him at all . Going go be tricky situation .

Forgetting Gronk totally for a moment , we need a step from every receiver not named Julian this season.

Nice pregame summary there Munster. The O line performance is key today. The Miami front seven will provide a tough test and how we fare against them, might give us a indication of how they'll fare this season, so fingers crossed. Bottom line = keep Brady healthy for the season. This time last year Tom Terrific started the season with no....
    Gronk,
    Welker,
    Hernandez,
    Lyoyd,
    Woodhead,
    94% of all passes from 2012 where wiped out. Then Vereen was lost for 6 weeks on the second snap of the season opener :(. Unprecedented and what happens, we ended up in the AFC title game :eek: and Brady ends up throwing to Slater and Mulligan. Another thing people often overlook, is the struggle he had with his throwing hand injury last year. The length of time he struggled, suggested to me it was most likely a Metacarpal Fracture. The common treatment is usually complete rest from sport for 6 - 12 weeks. Making a fist or clenching a football would be extremely painful no matter what pain killing option he got. Then some clueless journalists highlight a couple of games where Brady was a bit off. And I just thought to myself - idiots.

So never mind the fact that he had a bunch of newbs running about on the field, but then he had this hand injury to deal for a few weeks. Personally, I think last season was one of Brady's greatest ever. Last year Brady had five 4th quarter game winning comebacks, the most in his career for the regular season. Last February, in a players NFL poll. Players were asked the following - "Two minute warning, the Super Bowl is on the line, who do you want at Quarterback." 40% of players said Brady, the nearest rival was Manning @ 26%. Says it all really, nightmare year started with no WR corp, struggled through a hand issue and and Brady is still Mr. Clutch, the man most players want taking the field with a game on the line. That for me, was the most important stat from last season.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10369063/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-voted-qb-most-players-want-clutch-survey

This year he has a returning WR corp and with the addition of the new TE Wright. We should even see the return of our two TE sets. Dobson and KT have the potential to become studs. Julian Incredibleman should have another great year. If Amendola stays healthy and played the way he did against the Bills last year, he might finally prove his worth. La Fell is started to get on the same sheet as Brady. Then we have Brian Tyms, the first player to really remind of Moss. This guy has skills and we need to find him a roster spot after his suspension. We have two excellent pass catching RB's in White and Vereen. So yes, I am really excited for our offense going into the 2014 season.

Last year our very promising looking defense dropped like flies with injuries. By the time we reached the AFC title game, we were totally crooked. Overall, I think it's safe to say last year was a total nightmare for us on so many fronts. But we've paid our dues, now it's time to get some good Karma payback. I really believe our defense could return to the dominance we saw in the early Belichick years. We are so loaded with talent now on the defensive side of the ball, I'm positively drooling myself to see them in action. And then of course we have Revis, yes Revis. So unbelievable I had to type it out to remind myself that he's a Patriot.

Looks like Gronk is going to play the whole game.

Couldn't have started any worse .

Gronk looking like he really needs game time under his belt.

Gronk looking like he really needs game time under his belt.

I agree he looked sluggish and out of sync

• Advertisement

Looks like he will play when they think its necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement