Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

My God the O line look awful :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

All going wrong at the moment on both sides of the ball.
    OL getting dominated. Running game is ineffective. Tom getting sacked/pressured, no passing game.
    Can't stop the run on defense; LB's not coming up and smashing the runner.
    No pass pressure, Jones very ineffective.

Not over yet, but a lot of the worries I had before the game are on display.

Offense needs to click to get a win from here; no points in 2nd half and we can't even get a 1st down. It has to improve or we'll start with a (deserved) lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I had huge expectations for the D...looking pretty average

Run D is a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You know, we've played for years with a shyte defense and Brady's offense always delivered. But since we now have no O line, well that's us pretty much fúcked.

D has only forced one punt so far :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

All going wrong at the moment on both sides of the ball.
    OL getting dominated. Running game is ineffective. Tom getting sacked/pressured, no passing game.
    Can't stop the run on defense; LB's not coming up and smashing the runner.
    No pass pressure, Jones very ineffective.

Not over yet, but a lot of the worries I had before the game are on display.

Offense needs to click to get a win from here; no points in 2nd half and we can't even get a 1st down. It has to improve or we'll start with a (deserved) lose.

I agree and I'll say it again as always when a team starts to get physical and pressure us we bottle it. We can't beat physical teams. Im beginning to think Bill has forgotten how to handle a team that plays physical football. Some of the off season moves worry me with regards of dealing with those physical teams.

Fish have realised that using their physicality and stacking the box and sending blitzes will beat us up. Same with their running game ground and pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Biggest negative is how Brady is being left so exposed. Doesn't fare well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Solder beaten too easily on the last sack. Dunno what the problem is in New England, the need to handicap the team be it on offence or defence is incredible. O line this year and run D will give me nightmares if this small sample is anything to go by

LaFell needs to fook off now at this point. Why Tyms becomes available dump LaFell

TO. wrote: »
    LaFell needs to fook off now at this point. Why Tyms becomes available dump LaFell

Amen. Hopefully he'll keep this up and Moss junior (Tyms) will make the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Not tight enough for me. I'm sure Wallace was amazed to be making the catch.

He couldn't have been any tighter , if anything he didn't get a strong enough hand in . Was a great throw and a catch.
    Revis for me also is not living up to the hype.

Playing in a new defensive against a good receiver and our pass rush has been poor . He was unreal when playing at the jets , let's hope he's still at that level . I'm not taking a read on that from one game with us.

He couldn't have been any tighter , if anything he didn't get a strong enough hand in . Was a great throw and a catch.

Revis is getting bitch slapped by Wallace all day.

Playing in a new defensive against a good receiver and our pass rush has been poor . He was unreal when playing at the jets , let's hope he's still at that level . I'm not taking a read on that from one game with us.

I don't buy the new defense thing for Revis at this point. He has been nothing more than average right now and looks lazy and not in the game at all.

He couldn't have been any tighter , if anything he didn't get a strong enough hand in.

He missed a pass defended & possible Int and the supposed best CB in the league, should be defending that all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Poor throw there by Brady

Also the Revis of old in this situation would never give a WR a play on that ball no matter how great of a play the WR made on it. And a new defense has nothing to do with it. It's all ability right now and he looks a far cry from the Revis of old. Butler looks like the weathered veteran compared to Revis right now and they have been at the club for the same amount of time.

Also the Revis of old in this situation would never give a WR a play on that ball no matter how great of a play the WR made on it.

And that's how I feel about the play in a nutshell.

Moreno gets hit behind the line by his own player...still gets 5 yard gain

It isn't the Revis of old as I pointed out when the signing was announced, improvements are needed all over the pitch, both sides of the ball.

Dare I ask about Gronk?

kryogen wrote: »
    Dare I ask about Gronk?

Got a TD, but he needs a lot of game time to get back to himself imo.

Sums it up 3 Defensive players cant fooking bring down one man

• Advertisement

Fcuk the run D....that was the game on the line and we couldnt take him down...game over baring a miracle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Wallace has come closer to stopping Moreno than our d line.

The game has turned on two things in the 2nd half:
    Our d can't stop the run.
    Our OL killed our passing game.

I have stopped watching it, just can't take any more of this shít.

Awful route running by Gronk and to kill the game the Oline gets beat up for the millionth time and Brady fumbles. Game fooking over. Awful display Bill. Your off season moves have made us worse not better. Going to be a long fooking season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Strip sack. Game over

TBH its the veteran tackles who are getting beat as much or even more than the interior line.

This team right now would get destroyed by the Jets D and running offense.

Bad bad bad

Eh, can't get any worse I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

kryogen wrote: »
    Eh, can't get any worse I guess?

Adrian Peterson next week.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Revis is getting bitch slapped by Wallace all day.

I don't buy the new defense thing for Revis at this point. He has been nothing more than average right now and looks lazy and not in the game at all.
    Also the Revis of old in this situation would never give a WR a play on that ball no matter how great of a play the WR made on it. And a new defense has nothing to do with it. It's all ability right now and he looks a far cry from the Revis of old. Butler looks like the weathered veteran compared to Revis right now and they have been at the club for the same amount of time.

Already it's the Revis of old haha one game

Lazy and not in the game ? ridiculous comment.

Wallace bitch slapping and the Revis of old would have done this and that . He would have done exactly the same expect most times it would not have been a perfect throw and a great catch and his praises would be getting sung.

He was touch tight and got a hand to the ball , receiver makes a great catch. He has broken up a couple plays and been tough tight a lot of the game ,but, Poor pass rush = completed passes, no matter who is in the backfield .

O-line and run D has stunk , but, Revis came in with the hype so because he hasn't been perfect let's scapegoat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Brady with his mandatory 4 sacks per game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement