Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Lets get some offense going here...just for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Adrian Peterson next week.

:(

No team will be worried about the Pats on that evidence, I only saw the second half, not all of it at that, but they were weak everywhere. Why was Kelly cut again???? The O line will get better I hope with more game time, they will need to improve a hell of a lot anyway, only bringing 4 and able to get to the QB is a joke. Not like they are elite defenders.

I had my reservations about some of the off season moves, Revis being one of them and tonight has not allayed those fears. Trying not to get too down about it, first game teething problems for the team maybe, and tbf there is always a couple of divisional upsets but it is worrying how ineffective we were with the ball and how easily the Dolphins could move it at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

kryogen wrote: »
    bringing 4 and able to get to the QB is a joke. Not like they are elite defenders.

Cameron Wake is Elite in my eyes and solid pass rusher on his own. Vernon, Odrick and Starks are solid also. Miami actually have a solid D-Line. Their problem over the last few years have been elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Moat Cailin has closed his account. Good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

He was touch tight and got a hand to the ball , receiver makes a great catch.

Revis ****ed up on the play simple as. He was burned in the first half on a TD from Wallace who went just out of bounds. That was only one of a few routes Wallace beat him on all day. Not good enough from a guy of his reputation/ability.

• Advertisement

Already it's the Revis of old haha one game

Lazy and not in the game ? ridiculous comment.

How is it a ridiculous comment? He did nothing and was lazy. If you don't agree that is your opinion.
    Wallace bitch slapping and the Revis of old would have done this and that . He would have done exactly the same expect most times it would not have been a perfect throw and a great catch and his praises would be getting sung.

What are you talking about. Wallace has gone against Revis in the past and failed to make any catches against him. Today he made Revis look like an amateur and not on just that one catch. He nearly also had a TD behind him in but failed to stay in bounds.
    He was touch tight and got a hand to the ball , receiver makes a great catch. He has broken up a couple plays and been tough tight a lot of the game ,but, Poor pass rush = completed passes, no matter who is in the backfield .

O-line and run D has stunk , but, Revis came in with the hype so because he hasn't been perfect let's scapegoat him.

Where did I say Revis was at fault for the game? In fact I never said that. I said more than once what the problem was for the Pats today but hey good to see you want to send abusive PMs to me and focus in on the Revis thing rather than reading what I wrote in other posts.

I wont post the rest of your abusive sickening pm about the children I dont have but this part I laughed out loud at:
    Hey dumb ass
    Educate your self on football before posting you ****ing idiot .

Moat Cailin has closed his account. Good riddance.

Honestly I am glad he is gone what he wrote in that PM to me is sickening at best and my wife and some of our friends are here and I showed them and all flabbergasted and shocked by the severity of his pm. Have to say its the worst thing anyone has ever said to me online ever.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Vince Wilfork on 2014 season: "It's not how you start, it's how you finish. But we started (expletive)."

No sh1t Vince. Its easy to overreact to an initial loss but it is a long season in a very competitive league and we did lose in Miami last year too.

Right now, we are last in the AFC East, a game behind everybody...sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Don't know what happened in the 2nd half very poor in all areas. Belichick may scour the league and try trade for an offensive lineman or two

The Oline was bad but i thought the D was more troubling.

We forced 2 punts in the entire game. We got run over and had no pass rush. We were lucky in the first half with the Dolphin fumbles and Tannehill just throwing the ball to us when a top QB would have scored a TD instead. So if Dolphins didn't make those mistakes in the first half the game could have been messy. I think our D was dominated by an average offense. I'm not trying to take away from the Dolphins too much but a Manning lead Denver could have put up triple digits against that D.

The offense looked good (certainly not great) in the first half but the Dolphins made adjustments and we couldn't cope, so i think the offense is more fixable that the defense at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

I felt on one or two of the sacks Brady could have stepped up maybe? That could be harsh on him though.

For me the most disappointing aspect was the (lack of any) pass rush. Tannehill was the most sacked qb last year and we got to him once? Poor show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    Honestly I am glad he is gone what he wrote in that PM to me is sickening at best and my wife and some of our friends are here and I showed them and all flabbergasted and shocked by the severity of his pm. Have to say its the worst thing anyone has ever said to me online ever.

Looks like I missed all the drama from that fruitcake. I think it was a re-reg posing as a Pats fan and I've PM'd that to some of you. Don't be surprised to see a new reg Pats hater appearing in the forum in the coming weeks.

TO. get everyone on that. That PM you received is way beyond crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I'm not going to over react to this loss. It's game1 and a long way to go.
    Saints, Kansas, Chicago, Ravens have also started badly.
    Lots of football left to play.
    This was also a loss last year in Miami.

But clearly there are big issues.
    Gronk has a long way to go.
    OL in the 2nd half were brutal, it killed Tom and the passing game.
    Couldn't get the run game to work with Ridley, one 11yd run and nothing else.
    The run defense stank. Even when got to the runner, they slipped off tackles.
    Penalties. Stupid bad penalties.

Lots to be done by next week. Doubt it's all going to be fixed, but improvement is a priority or the Vikings/Peterson could set running records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Looks like I missed all the drama from that fruitcake. I think it was a re-reg posing as a Pats fan and I've PM'd that to some of you. Don't be surprised to see a new reg Pats hater appearing in the forum in the coming weeks.

TO. get everyone on that. That PM you received is way beyond crazy.

What he PM ya??

Aside this might be the wake up / shake that's needed

Tannehill was sacked 58 times last year, they bring in 5 new O line starters today and he is sacked just once. Now that's progress.

Brady has a returning O line from last year and he gets sacked 4 times today. Based on what I've seen today against a good defense, I think we now have the worst O line in living memory.

The Phins beat us in every facet of the game, right down to the coaching. Imo, Matt Patricia really needs to step it up as DC if he wants a job next year.

BKWDR wrote: »
    What he PM ya??

Aside this might be the wake up / shake that's needed

Didn't PM me anything, it was a PM sent to TO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Absolutely non existent run game, something Mankins was hugely involved in, which created extra pressure on the pass block and passing game. Very disappointing all round. When I saw Edelman fumbling, I knew it was game over.

I see Mankins in gone off injured in the bucs game....

Plenty to improve on next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

afaik you will get in trouble for sharing pm's TO so wouldnt bother with that

Honestly I could care less about getting into trouble for sharing them because of what he said and the fact he closed his account he has no say and if the mods want to ban me for it so be it. I have no problem sharing what this guy said because it was purely disgusting and a comment aimed at children.

I think when you receive a very dark, sinister and threatening message and that user then closes their account. All bets are off and you're entitled to warn other users of this threat. TO's response imo, was quite calm and dignified. In fact imo, TO. should forward the threat to the Gardaí.

• Advertisement

Back to football did anyone watch the post game interviews? Couldn't bring myself to watch them. The more and more I see highlights the more and more shocking our performance was. Our problems as many have mentioned:

Oline: Poor all over especially off the edge. Solder and Vollmer were bad. Wendell was poor also.

WR and RB: Only one on my sights is LaFell too many mistakes and penalties and he should be canned when Tyms comes back. The rest of them couldn't do anything as Brady was being pressured far too much.

TE and Gronk: Gronk is clearly not 100% Hooman was poor and we didn't see enough of Wright which pissed me off.

DLine: Atrocious. Kelly would have been huge in there today with Wilfork but too many holes opened and not enough pressure from any of them. C Jones was poor today and gave up far too many penalties and just was all over the place the rest were just average.

Linebackers: Nothing they could really do.

Secondary for the most part played ok really disappointed with Revis. I hoped the naysayers wouldn't be right about him but so far after 1 game it seems he is not fully back to form and it worries me if he ever will be. Butler was better than him today.

Special teams: Usually our bread and butter but the long snaps were slow our punts were short and too many missed tackles on returns.

Just so annoyed right now with the Pats.

On a side note feel bad for Mankins done for the day for Buccs. Didn't come back from that injury.

Back to football did anyone watch the post game interviews? Couldn't bring myself to watch them.
    Have avoided them myself. Moreno's 134yds on 24 carries (with his longest run only 15yds) is just etched into my brain for the night.
    But Romo seems to be doing his best (or his usual) to cheer me up. Imagine been a fan of Dallas; it's even more infuriating than watching our OL.

Moreno's 134yds on 24 carries (with his longest run only 15yds) is just etched into my brain for the night.

Embarrassing, absolutely embarrassing.

23 unanswered points in the second half, sums up the performance for me.:(:mad:

On a side note feel bad for Mankins done for the day for Buccs. Didn't come back from that injury.

Must be really serious if Mankins didn't play on...could be done for the season :(

Hazys wrote: »
    Must be really serious if Mankins didn't play on...could be done for the season :(

Bill must have a crystal ball...

Up till that last gasp drive that failed on 4th down we had only completed 2 first downs in the second half. Lordy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Can any of you more knowledgeable folks comment on the thrust of this article with respect to the Defense and O-line organisation? I'm not smart enough about the tactics of such to judge, beyond the obvious deficiencies that the Pats dealt with today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/week-1-patriots-vs-dolphins-214959448.html

Can any of you more knowledgeable folks comment on the thrust of this article with respect to the Defense and O-line organisation?
    I won't give myself a tag of 'more knowledgable', but I'd go along with a lot of the articles theme.

I'd need to re-watch the 2nd half to see the OL rotation; but I'm in full agreement on the bombs to LaFell. They never looked like connecting, and considering the amount of times he was targeted it's says a lot that he didn't have a catch.
    LaFell has 3 games to retain a roster spot before Tyms returns.

I was surprised, given the leaky OL, that we didn't target Edelman/Amendola and Vereen out of the back field with some quick throws.

I mentioned before the game about how we'd line up, either 3-4 or 4-3, and how it might affect us. But our pass rushers failed to beat their man in one-on-one situations, and we fell off tackles in the game. That's just players failing to make a play.

No doubt that coaching played a big part in the loss, but there was a total lack of fight from players in the game. I just wanted a LB come up and smash Moreno once, and lay down a statement, but the anger wasn't even there to get a bit mean. That is a worry, and needs addressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I remember being excited at half time, 20-10 up, the defence having made 3 turnovers. BB being well known for halftime adjustments......

They were down 2 linebackers. If this was the second half of last season, Blount would've been running the ball behind Mankins and we would've kept moving the chains. Myself and Corvus have made the point before, but I really think he offered us a different option in the backfield, and it wouldn't have cost much to keep him!

Instead, we never exploited their inexperienced LB's, and the Fish made the important half time adjustments. Talk about a role reversal!

Edelman got around 100 yards in the first half, then we either didn't, or couldn't get him the ball in the second half. Again, without Dobson, we still had no outside threat. Gronk looked sluggish, clearly not up to speed.

But it's only the first game. we did a lot of giving out this time last year, and then things improved significantly. But on that performance today, we won't win in Minnesota, and then I think we will have a problem......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Very worried after yesterday's game.

Terrible O-Line play, Brady missing throws, run defence rolling over, Revis Island looking like more of a peninsula...

The only positive I can take from the whole thing is that Gronk is still healthy.

With Jets, Fins and Bills all making strong starts, I think we should be worried.

• Advertisement

What's worse was looking at Talib who seemed to have a great game, including a vital tip play late in the 4th with Denver

Im going to watch the 2nd half back during the week i think.

It wasn't inspiring but maybe it will be the shock they need to up their game in Minnesota.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement