Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I keep looking at that Pats defense, and I really don't get the release of Kelly.
    He and Vince together in a 4-3 seemed to be ideal with Jones and Niko.

With Collins out, and his coverage skills missing, I won't be surprised to see us go 3-4; even though I'm not sure we've the bodies for that alignment.

The 3-4 intrigued me, but watching it at times week last me convinced me we should stick to a 4-3. Our personnel are just better suited to it. Jones being a prime example, he just looked out of place playing DE in the 3-4. Unfortunately, I won't be surprised if stubborn Bill persists.

One of the lads posted a linked last week, to show how Kelly asked for a release. He did like how he was being utilised in the defense during the offseason. And after taking a pay cut earlier this year, apparently he also felt Bill would reduce his play time to reduce the incentives.

Maybe it was all in his head, but it's pretty poor form to let a veteran of his ability to walk over stuff like that. We surely missed him last week. and I don't think any Pats fan wanted to see Kelly leave. Once again, it's one of these moments when I wish we had a proper GM, rather than have Bill doing it all. I'd rather see Nick Caserio step up to GM and let Bill just do his coaching stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/511178830695104512

With Dennard out, Patterson could have a big game! We should also get to see how Dobson is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,918 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thompkins inactive too.

infacteh wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/511178830695104512

With Dennard out, Patterson could have a big game! We should also get to see how Dobson is

Of ffs! Don't tell me Dennard is injured also.:(

I hope KT is inactive because they're giving Dobson a run out and not because of an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Of ffs! Don't tell me Dennard is injured also.:(

I hope KT is inactive because they're giving Dobson a run out and not because of an injury.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 15m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I feel guilty. Was actually pleased to see Wendell on that list.

me89 wrote: »

Good, no injury. I was hoping for an over abundance of WR's to be the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Good, no injury. I was hoping for an over abundance of WR's to be the reason.

Same but I have to say the fact we have put KT as an inactive leaves me fealing like our WR corp is a mess. IF Dobson doesn't work out and turn into the guy we want we are

Amendola - Yet to prove he can stay healthy and Catch footballs and gain Brady's trust

Edelman - No explanation needed bright spark in this mess.

LaFell - Done nothing so far so has to prove to us all he deserves his place

Dobson - Yet to prove us he is ready due to injury. Showed glimpses in the past and pre-season but yet to see a full bod of work

Thompkins - Didn't have a great first game but he has shown us that he can play and Brady likes him.

And Corvus going back to Tyms roster spot. I can't see why we wouldn't keep Tyms on the roster and have 8 WR. Techinically it will be 7+1 due to Slater. But right now we have the room and don't need to drop anyone so why wouldn't we just use the spot. Unless Bill has the extra spot designated for someone else.

TO. wrote: »
    But right now we have the room and don't need to drop anyone so why wouldn't we just use the spot. Unless Bill has the extra spot designated for someone else.

We have the room now, but I'm just projecting likely cuts at week 5/6. We might even end up keeping La Fell and Tyms. The biggest worry for me is our highest paid WR on the roster - Danny Amendola. He's almost getting $6 million this year and if he doesn't significantly increase production in the coming weeks. I won't be surprise if he's traded before the October deadline.

Just horrible defense :mad:

• Advertisement

So much for our defensive renaissance, because that was one of the worst defensive series I've seen in the last several years..

Going to be another long day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Vereen wtf? dive!

Asiata getting 5/6 yards a carry....must be a BEAST

or he's just up against the Pats Run D

Sums up the quality of our O line when we got a guy like Devey playing at RG.

Sums up the quality of our O line when we got a guy like Devey playing at RG.

Dont understand why Stork isnt at C and Connolly at G

Yesssss nice Int.

Why isnt Ridley jumping over the pile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

McCourty has some vision

TO. wrote: »
    Dont understand why Stork isnt at C and Connolly at G

Yes, yes and yes again. Totally baffling.

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    McCourty has some vision

Beautiful play by him on that Int.

Only the Pats 3rd forced punt of the season.

Good stop by the D...lets hope were building momentum :o

@cpriceNFL
    On TV broadcast, announcers say Revis told them he'd be with Jennings all game long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm guessing they got some bollocking after the first drive. D starting to show something.

Gronk is rusty

Too many fcuking penalties

Too any mental errors...very unPatriots like...figure it out Bill

Hazys wrote: »
    Too many fcuking penalties

Way too many and it's carrying over from last week.

Terrible pass by Cassel...easy pick for Revis

• Advertisement

Fooking penalties

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement