Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Another dire offensive series and wtf is wrong with McDaniels? Why is Brady throwing another deep ball to another slot WR ffs.

Hazys wrote: »
    Not one pass thrown LaFells way this afternoon.

His Pats career could have ended last Sunday. Of course Bill will keep him around for another two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Bryan Stork is in at center for Connolly.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Connolly is with Kline on the sideline. Has his helmet in his hand. Doesn't appear to be injury related.

Offense going nowhere again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Im beginning to get sick and Tired of Bill and Josh with their play calling and team selection and I am getting really tired of this in Bill we trust crap. Right now we look awful. We got lucky with the Vikes losing Peterson and then forcing Cassell to be the game manager and losing control but we still look awful at times.

Our Offense is poor still. Our WR situation is sh1t and not rotating between backs who are relevant is stupid also. LaFell and Amendola have been non existent. Dobson has had a couple of balls thrown his way but Brady has no faith in him yet and once again we are forcing everything to Edelman. Ridley is playing well but we need to have Vereen in there more and to stop putting Bolden in.

I also dont understand why we are not giving Wright more action on passing plays when using our TE. He is in there on run plays on two tight end sets even though his strengths are catching and not run blocking.

Baffling. And dont get me started on our defense still has its issues Vikes Offense making it easy for us.

• Advertisement

This has been my gamepass for the past 5 minutes.....

13468_Untitled-1.jpg

This has been my gamepass for the past 5 minutes.....

13468_Untitled-1.jpg

:eek: Madness

BS call on Hightower...he was protecting his teammate as the Vikings OLineman wouldnt get off the Pats player

Oh look..................it's working perfectly for the TV Ads.:mad:

BS call on Hightower...he was protecting his teammate as the Vikings OLineman wouldnt get off the Pats player

Still can't throw your hands in someone else's face and these guys know that. Such a waste of yards to give up after an Int.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    Still can't throw your hands in someone else's face and these guys know that. Such a waste of yards to give up after an Int.

Agree but if a flag was thrown on the Vikings player who wouldn't let the Pats player go, the incident wouldn't have happened.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL

#Patriots have 22 penalties. Took them 4 full games to hit 22-penalty mark last season.

Agree but if a flag was thrown on the Vikings player who wouldn't let the Pats player go, the incident wouldn't have happened.

I agree but you know how the old saying goes. Those who retaliate get caught not the ones who start it all off.

Lads my Gamepass is back up, but I missed a bit. Did Jimmy G take over at QB for a series earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Really hard to get a read on this game. Offensive line have protected Brady well only one sack allowed but Vikings have non existent pass rush. Stopped the run well but second choice running back probably would have been different if AP was playing. Secondary has been very good, 4 interceptions, Kept Patterson quite and Jennings zero catches. 15 penalties is way too many have to cut them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lads my Gamepass is back up, but I missed a bit. Did Jimmy G take over at QB for a series earlier?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Stagnat second half really...hard what to think

BKWDR wrote: »
    Stagnat second half really...hard what to think

If the offense was playing anyway decent we could have hit 50+ points.

The defense was awesome, with only the opening drive a blemish. Ya the Vikings offense was weak but you can only beat who you are playing.

Oline was waaay better this week, they protected Brady a lot better but they still gave away silly penalty after silly penalty. Strange for a BB team to be so undisciplined (not just the Oline)...BB sort it out.

Brady was only sacked and hit when no receivers could get open and he had to hold onto it. So I think the most troubling part of this team is the receivers. Only for Edelman we'd be screwed. Amendola and LaFell are a waste of space. Fingers crossed Dobson and Gronk can get back to 100% and Wright turns out to be a weapon once he settles in.

Let's leave White and Thompkins inactive and bring in Bolden and La Fell :confused:. I thought the offense was poor with so many wasted series of possession. The O line was better but then they weren't facing the Phins front seven. Ridley had a good day and Edelman is the only decent & reliable target for Brady. Overall our receiving corp is very poor. We lose Edelman and we are totally f****d. Gronk is a long way from being Gronk again.

We bring in a pass catching TE in Wright and he's barely targeted. In fact, our FB Develin had more passes thrown at him than Wright. Why do we keep throwing deep balls to small slot WR's? Does Josh not realise that's what Dobson or even La Fell are for? Tbh, I'm getting tired of McDaniel's stupid play calling.

The defense played better and won the game for us. But they faced a very poor offense. A pity they didn't have Peterson line up today to really test them though. My God the penalties on both sides of the ball are an absolute joke. Nate Solder's hat trick must be a first for a Pats players. I think we gave up over 160 yards in penalties alone. Against better quality opposition and we are buried.

To sum up our roster and our quality right now. Apart from Kelly, not one player released by the Patriots in the roster cut-down from 90 to 53 players. Is now playing on another team’s active roster. Once upon a time teams jumped on players we released, this year nobody signs one. And I think that says a lot about some of the mediocrity that this team seems to be now tolerating.

If the offense was playing anyway decent we could have hit 50+ points.

The defense was awesome, with only the opening drive a blemish. Ya the Vikings offense was weak but you can only beat who you are playing.

Oline was waaay better this week, they protected Brady a lot better but they still gave away silly penalty after silly penalty. Strange for a BB team to be so undisciplined (not just the Oline)...BB sort it out.

Brady was only sacked and hit when no receivers could get open and he had to hold onto it. So I think the most troubling part of this team is the receivers. Only for Edelman we'd be screwed. Amendola and LaFell are a waste of space. Fingers crossed Dobson and Gronk can get back to 100% and Wright turns out to be a weapon once he settles in.

Much improved on last week. Relieved with the defence

Not gonna sweat on the wr situation, Brady seems to up his game with the hand he dealt the more the season progresses.

they need to work on the soft penalties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,918 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Right click on the picture and in settings untick enable hardware acceleration and see if that works for you.

Edit: Sorry, just realised that was an old post. I had visitors, the woman is going to hospital in the morning, baby coming very soon, so I'm all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Let's leave White and Thompkins inactive and bring in Bolden and La Fell :confused:. I thought the offense was poor with so many wasted series of possession. The O line was better but then they weren't facing the Phins front seven. Ridley had a good day and Edelman is the only decent & reliable target for Brady. Overall our receiving corp is very poor. We lose Edelman and we are totally f****d. Gronk is a long way from being Gronk again.

We bring in a pass catching TE in Wright and he's barely targeted. In fact, our FB Develin had more passes thrown at him than Wright. Why do we keep throwing deep balls to small slot WR's? Does Josh not realise that's what Dobson or even La Fell are for? Tbh, I'm getting tired of McDaniel's stupid play calling.

The defense played better and won the game for us. But they faced a very poor offense. A pity they didn't have Peterson line up today to really test them though. My God the penalties on both sides of the ball are an absolute joke. Nate Solder's hat trick must be a first for a Pats players. I think we gave up over 160 yards in penalties alone. Against better quality opposition and we are buried.

To sum up our roster and our quality right now. Apart from Kelly, not one player released by the Patriots in the roster cut-down from 90 to 53 players. Is now playing on another team’s active roster. Once upon a time teams jumped on players we released, this year nobody signs one. And I think that says a lot about some of the mediocrity that this team seems to be now tolerating.

That sums it up for me.

50406_images-article-2014-03-03-ku-xlarge.gif

Never knew none of our released players were not signed by anyone else. So much for our famous roster quality and depth.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Right click on the picture and in settings untick enable hardware acceleration and see if that works for you.

Ya I tried that, cheers anyway. I built a brand new kick ass PC back in June, everything is overkill on it, but when GP goes to shyte there's nothing I can do about it.:(
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I had visitors, the woman is going to hospital in the morning, baby coming very soon, so I'm all over the place.

I hope all goes well for you guys and we'll have a new little Pats fan soon enough.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,918 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Besides all that, Patriots gave away a lot of penalties but the D looked very good after the opening series.

Offense still needs to be fine tuned a bit but very happy with the performance.

Thank you for contacting NFL support with your inquiry. We are sorry to hear of the quality issues you are encountering with the games. First please try clearing the cache and cookies from your web browser settings and see if you have the same issues. If that does not resolve the problem please ensure that you are up to date with all of your software. Please just verify by downloading the following:

Microsoft Internet Explorer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Adobe Flash Player:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

If these do not correct the problem, please try downloading and installing Google Chrome:
    http://www.google.com/chrome

If you experience the same issues in Google Chrome please first try to lower the bit rate or quality level to see if this improves playback for you. If you have the same issues on the lowest quality level please try the following.

Right-click on the video screen, and you should be given a list of Flash related options.
    Please select "Settings..." from the list of options presented.
    Along the bottom of the 'Settings' box, you'll see some tabs...
    Click the 3rd tab over to the right (looks like a file folder with green arrow on top) and move the slider bar to the right until higher than 100 KB (1 MB is the next option to the right)
    Next, click the tab on the far left (looks like a monitor) and then uncheck the box that says "enable hardware acceleration". (if the box is unchecked already, try 'checking' the box).

Next, clear your browser cache and cookies and check for video improvement.

Streaming video playback is extremely CPU intensive. If your CPU is running at or above about 75% you will likely encounter issues with sluggish or choppy playback. You can check your CPU usage by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting 'Task Manager'. CPU usage percentages are listed under the 'Performance' tab.

Lastly, if you continue to experience streaming quality issues, please power down or 'reset' your modem and router -- you may have some bad pathing/routes cached in your network appliance. A reset of your network appliances may resolve your issue, and in the very least will clear cache.

Thank you for providing this additional information. Please let us know if you continue to experience the same issues so we can help further troubleshoot your issue.

Best Regards,

NFL Game Pass Support

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: BEV-861-49774
    Department: NFL Game Pass
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Normal

Cheers BKWDR. I'm pretty PC tech savy so I do all that as a default anyway. This PC I built is an overclocked beast and GP wouldn't even strain the CPU tbh.

I think the problem I have is on my ISP side. It's a line of sight WiFi network (big antenna on roof cos I'm out in the sticks) and no doubt if I had a fibre optic set up, I'd have better stability.

Cheers BKWDR. I'm pretty PC tech savy so I do all that as a default anyway. This PC I built is an overclocked beast and GP wouldn't even strain the CPU tbh.

I think the problem I have is on my ISP side. It's a line of sight WiFi network (big antenna on roof cos I'm out in the sticks) and no doubt if I had a fibre optic set up, I'd have better stability.

Ahh line of sight. GamePass is heavy on the juice at best of times on my 50mb line

Ya need Craig Doyle to visit ya! The prick...

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ya need Craig Doyle to visit ya! The prick...

I'll pass on that gobshyte.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

an easy win, but more so because of the opposition than anything. But in any case, there were positives. IT was a more settled O line, and the defense was much improved. Revis, I'm still so-so on. Jennings caused him issues, and a better QB would have taken more advantage, or a better stutter step from Jennings would have had a TD. Jones was immense. Without watching the game in too much detail, but it seemed we were in more 4-3 than 3-4 after the first series, and more solid.

I dont see the point in having LaFell or even Amendola on the roster on their money if they arent even going to be targeted (bar Amendola once, and a penalty nullifying his catch). At least Dobson got the first throw of the game. Wright too needs to see the ball more, but thats a play calling issue rather than a personnel one.

Ridley did well I thought. He was secure on the ball and made a few long runs. Vereen didnt see enough of it for my liking, and Bolden saw too much of it. Someone pointed out above how he sits behind the line waiting for a hole to be formed, which is spot on, seeing him there with his hand on the a$$ of his lead blocker waiting for others to do the tough work for him. I dont see the value in him and LaFell, and wouldnt bother me to see them cut. Amendola, has ability, but unless he shows it very very soon, then he needs to be traded or let go too.

A win is a win though, Brady looked a lot more composed, maybe a week to reflect, maybe the calf is better, maybe the O line keeping him a lot cleaner or maybe shaving the beard. Whichever, he was better, more accurate and efficient. Gronk didnt look great though, still very rusty.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    Gronk didnt look great though, still very rusty.

Can't help but feel that they aren't targeting him deliberately which i don't particularly mind. I would rather he was used like this until he is healthy later in the season and then make him step up and make some big plays when needed.

But you're right a win is a win.

Lucky that the Raiders game falls next, can't see it being *too* much of a challenge based on how they played against the texans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement