Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Good field position, lets put a drive together now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    Half my point as LaFell is sh1t but I can't understand why he isn't even looking at Amendola he has been open more than once. If we are insisting on using LaFell and Amendola at least choose the guy who is more alert and better route runner. LaFell has fooked up more than once today with his routes. Baffles me why he is still out there.

I am finding it hard watching this game we are fooking garbage.

I agree. But the only guy Brady trusts 100% is Edelman, simply because the guy nearly always gets open. La Fell & Amendola more often than not just can't get open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

God, Bolden is useless. I don't think I've seen him make any positive yardage this season.

Another week and another run where Bolden goes nowhere.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I agree. But the only guy Brady trusts 100% is Edelman, simply because the guy nearly always gets open. La Fell & Amendola more often than not just can't get open.

I don't agree. Brady needs to cop on and start trusting more WR. Every fooking QB in the league at some point has to do it. Its getting old that we are blaming every WR we have. Amendola has been open more than once today and hasn't seen action. LaFell shouldn't be in the lineup and Thompkins and Dobson are not getting a chance so we are fooked when a team decides to take out Gronk and Edelman because Brady has refused to throw to guys he doesn't trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

God, Bolden is useless. I don't think I've seen him make any positive yardage this season.
    Another week and another run where Bolden goes nowhere.:(

Someone just cut him please.

me89 wrote: »
    Someone just cut him please.

Bill is keeping him because he is solid on ST apparently hence why White is inactive week in week out. Fooking joke

And what an awful pass to Amendola.

Poor from Gronk there.

Bill is keeping him because he is solid on ST apparently hence why White is inactive week in week out. Fooking joke

And what an awful pass to Amendola.

What does that even mean though, does one small facet of the game over rule having an effective RB? Seems nuts to me.

Poor from Gronk there.

Tipped into his hands and then he drops it.:(

• Advertisement

What does that even mean though, does one small facet of the game over rule having an effective RB? Seems nuts to me.

It means that White can't tackle or block and would be a liability on kick offs and returns etc etc.

And yes it can be important as fringe players usually earn their spot on ST first and if we have someone who can't tackle or block out there is could be the difference between a TD and not.

Tipped into his hands and then he drops it.:(

Seems like he's going to take awhile to get back into his rhythm, was good to see him bust through some tackles earlier in the game.

I don't agree. Brady needs to cop on and start trusting more WR. Every fooking QB in the league at some point has to do it. Its getting old that we are blaming every WR we have. Amendola has been open more than once today and hasn't seen action. LaFell shouldn't be in the lineup and Thompkins and Dobson are not getting a chance so we are fooked when a team decides to take out Gronk and Edelman because Brady has refused to throw to guys he doesn't trust.

I'd agree with you if he wasn't throwing to Dobson & Thompkins repeatedly. But since it's Amendola & La Fell, I have to say I don't blame him. AFAIC, those two are just using up snaps the Dobson & Thompkins should be getting.

It means that White can't tackle or block and would be a liability on kick offs and returns etc etc.

And yes it can be important as fringe players usually earn their spot on ST first and if we have someone who can't tackle or block out there is could be the difference between a TD and not.

Thanks, was curious. Seems it would be better to train someone who is a talented RB to get better at the ST tasks than the other way around.

I'd agree with you if he wasn't throwing to Dobson & Thompkins repeatedly. But since it's Amendola & La Fell, I have to say I don't blame him. AFAIC, those two are just using up snaps the Dobson & Thompkins should be getting.

Whether LaFell and Amendola are sh1t or not you have to spread the ball about to keep any defense honest. If you don't all the Defense will do is take out your main targets and leave you stuck knowing that you wont go to the other guys anyways. Brady has gotten into a habit that he will find hard getting out of. Our offense is one dimensional at this point it is easy to defend against.

I mean we are now going into a semi power setup to run the ball. We are going back in time with negativity with our Offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Rejoice

@jeffphowe
    Stork at center with Connolly at RG. Devey is out.

Hazys wrote: »
    Rejoice

@jeffphowe
    Stork at center with Connolly at RG. Devey is out.

About fooking time

Fooking LaFell. Amendola shows what he can do and fooking LaFell

Whether LaFell and Amendola are sh1t or not you have to spread the ball about to keep any defense honest. If you don't all the Defense will do is take out your main targets and leave you stuck knowing that you wont go to the other guys anyways. Brady has gotten into a habit that he will find hard getting out of. Our offense is one dimensional at this point it is easy to defend against.

I mean we are now going into a semi power setup to run the ball. We are going back in time with negativity with our Offense.

I agree with spreading it, but look at that lovely pass earlier to Edelman & his catch. I just can't see those to doing it. And maybe Brady has developed a habit, but I think we have to look at why that habit developed. La Fell couldn't catch one ball in his first game and nearly had Brady crippled waiting for him to try to get open. As for Amendola, I thought his Pats career would have ended after the AFC title game. He was just that useless. Brady has built a rapport with our young lads, for me Edelman, Dobson, Thompkins & Gronk are guys Brady will go to. Because they have delivered in the past for him.

Solder shocking today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Why don't the I line ever pick TB up. Or are they scared of the mouthful they'll get fot letting him be hit

Solder shocking today

Spun like a doll on that second last snap there. 1st round Draft pick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Solder shocking today

Becoming a reoccuring theme

empacher wrote: »
    Why don't the I line ever pick TB up. Or are they scared of the mouthful they'll get fot letting him be hit

I've noticed that a few times myself. I've never seen our O lines in the past behave like that. But then, we've never had such a useless shower like these in the Belichick/Brady era.

O line disgracefully again. Brady chewing dirt and the O line is sauntering around like it's no biggie.

How many sacks is Brady on today? What's his average per game now, 3/4?

@jeffphowe
    Derek Carr is now 5 of 5 for 63 yards when throwing at Revis.

How many sacks is Brady on today? What's his average per game now, 3/4?

Lost count.

This going to overtime

• Advertisement

BIG VINCE!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement