Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Deco99 wrote: »
    Where does edelman rank among the pats WRs when everyone fit?

Edelman is pretty much our only WR at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Dobson 2013: 12 games - 37 receptions - 519 yards - 4 TD's. Injured his foot in week 12, was brought back too soon and ended up needing surgery.

Thompkins 2013: 12 games - 32 recpetions - 466 Yards - 4 TD's. Played injured for several games, after a heavy fall on his hip in week 9.

Thrown into the deep end last year and were building a nice chemistry with Brady before injuries hit both of them. 2014 looked really promising, both were expected to build of last year and get even better. But I don't think anyone expected this constant inactive BS to hinder their progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Don't care about Dobson and Thompkins because I'm so fúcking happy that Devey is inactive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The continued insistence on activating the likes of LaFell, Amendola (who is a bust lets face it) while deactivating Dobson, Thompkins is really, really starting to grind my gears

kryogen wrote: »
    The continued insistence on activating the likes of LaFell, Amendola (who is a bust lets face it) while deactivating Dobson, Thompkins is really, really starting to grind my gears

When the overpaid Amendola was invisible last year, there was our young rookies learning and getting better as the season progressed. If Amendola flops again tonight, surely the writing will be on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tonight is the first time this season I have had the chance to sit down and watch a full game due to work reasons. I forgot how much I love the sport. Now a Patriots win by 8 or more would be very sweet.

Still learning the game but I find myself making calls like I'm watching a soccer or gaa game so I guess that's a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Typical McDaniels run on 3rd when he should have passed

This could be a long night

Defense getting picked apart. Offense don't seem up to much. Big game needed from Brady to get anything.

Brady throwing to gronk in double coverage. But devlibs free in the flat with room.

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    Typical McDaniels run on 3rd when he should have passed

From what I've seen, read and heard, a lot of us Pats fans are getting real sick of his shít.

We are staring down the barrel of a 3 possession deficit if something doesn't happen on defence, worse, it is almost half time and we are being shut out!

We are staring down the barrel of a 3 possession deficit if something doesn't happen on defence, worse, it is almost half time and we are being shut out!

At this point I'll be happy to get out of Arrowhead without any significant injuries.

And the biggest test is yet to come - the Bengals next week. They destroyed our O line last year. It will take a miracle to beat them.

This is just to easy

Gaps, gaps everywhere for the Chiefs to play into. If someone like me can spot this it must be real obvious. Even in the last play you can see the lateral pass coming but does anyone pick it up?? Nope, have a first down chiefs.

Maybe missing out on the playoffs wouldnt be the worst thing for the organisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Might have to come to the realisation that the Patriots are just not good this year. Maybe they can turn it around but they look absolutely horrible both in defence and offence tonight and weren't exactly convincing in their previous games either.

That looks like a TD to me. And if it is its game over

dobman88 wrote: »
    That looks like a TD to me. And if it is its game over

Ball clearly never broke the line :confused:

Annoyed at the penalty, soft call but he has got to be smarter too

Thank jebus that's short. Have a chance for 2nd half now

• Advertisement

Thank jebus that's short. Have a chance for 2nd half now

There is no evidence to suggest anything but more pain Im afraid :)

Ball clearly never broke the line :confused:

Annoyed at the penalty, soft call but he has got to be smarter too

Watching on a poor stream. Pixels everywhere. And I'm only a noob, go easy on me :) I'll be making some horrible calls :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Have a chance for 2nd half now

Dont know about that.

2nd half vs Miami: 0 points
    2nd half vs Raiders: 6 points
    2nd half vs Vikings: 6 points

Grim all round. Just no confidence whatsoever.

Why does the pass rush pause at the snap. Is it to disguise whose rushing? Or get the oline out of position?. Seems to waste 1 sec which is crucial in third downs.

So why did we trade Mankins??

Ffs. That's horrible.

me89 wrote: »

He wouldn't restructure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

me89 wrote: »

Im beginning to think Mankins wouldn't have made much of a difference. The team is sh1t all over. Love to see what those who have their heads so far up Bill's hole have to say tonight. This is an awful fooking display of football and if the coaching staff don't own up to this garbage we are truly fooked. We may scrape to the post season but we wont get a sniff at the AFC Championship game never mind the bowl.

He wouldn't restructure

And Josh being Josh, won't put the guy we traded for - Wright, on the field. Probably because he's a good pass catcher.

• Advertisement

Something has to give, its been the same every week, there is no sign of improvement if anything it looks like its getting worse on both sides of the ball. Different ideas and different ****ing players need to be brought in for the next game. Can Dobson, Wright, Thompkins etc do any worse then this ****?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement