Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

TO. wrote: »
    Was going to pick up tickets then the misses informed me we already have plans. :D Mad thing is all of the tickets have come down in price. Im trying to sell a ticket for the Jets game on the 16th. Hazys if you fancy going let me know will sell to you at good price. Thursday night game.

Cheers for the offer but I'll decline. I hate the Jets so much i would only get into trouble at that game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Bill said he'd comment on it later. If he had just said it was a football decision, then you could sense maybe something went on and he's only saying it's a football decision. But the fact he denied it outright has me believing him. He may BS the media at times, but if they'd ever anything he doesn't want to confirm he usually sidesteps it (with tremendous deadpan) rather than actually denying it.

Be interesting to see what he says later.

What possible football decision could it be though. See this is where I beleive there was words between the 2. With Amendola playing sh1t and being useless and LaFell struggling I can't see how it is a football decision. Unless he believes Amendola and LaFell are better to have on the team than both Dobson and Thompkins which makes it worse really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What possible football decision could it be though. See this is where I beleive there was words between the 2. With Amendola playing sh1t and being useless and LaFell struggling I can't see how it is a football decision. Unless he believes Amendola and LaFell are better to have on the team than both Dobson and Thompkins which makes it worse really.

Could be a fitness thing - you could argue that's a "football" decision. Maybe he's not fully recovered. I'd love an answer one way or the other :(

No explanation on KT though. It's all just puzzling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,919 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Could it be that Dobson is just not good enough? He really hasn't shown a whole lot yet.

I don't think he would make the statement that it was a football decision if it was not. Bill would always go down the 'it was a decision that was best for the football team' route if he didn't want to talk about it. He doesn't tell outright lies to the media, he either tells them something or basically tells them nothing at all.

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS HEAD COACH BILL BELICHICK
    "In my year and a half with Aaron Dobson, he has always been respectful to me and to the rest of the coaching staff. He has never once been argumentative or confrontational. The suggestion and reporting that his playing time was in any way the result of a ‘loud disagreement’ with a coach is completely false."
    Well, that's that then. Yer one who reported that is getting dogs abuse on twitter now.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Could it be that Dobson is just not good enough? He really hasn't shown a whole lot yet.

519 yds and 4 TDs last year and he was struggling with Injury compared to Amendola 633 and 2 TDs who is a crock also but should be double those numbers for an experienced guy. Its nonsense. Are we now saying Dobson has forgotten how to play football? Or has he now actually become a lazy ahole who should now also be cut like Amendola.
    I don't think he would make the statement that it was a football decision if it was not. Bill would always go down the 'it was a decision that was best for the football team' route if he didn't want to talk about it. He doesn't tell outright lies to the media, he either tells them something or basically tells them nothing at all.

For me now the issue is more concerning that this is a "Football Decision" which doesn't exactly make the Pats decision making in good light.

Sums the whole thing up that we are a fooking mess and our WR situation is a monster mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dobson has also said the report is false.

On Josh
    “We actually have a really great relationship, to tell you the truth,” Dobson continued. “It wasn’t awkward for me at all. It was just a rumor. I had no reason to feel awkward in any way with my coaches or anything. I really didn’t realize the story got so big until maybe after practice yesterday. I was at work all day.”

On Bill
    Dobson was thankful for his coach’s support, telling reporters after practice, “I feel like [Belichick] has my back with that statement. I’m glad he said what he said. I’m just ready to move on and focus on Cincinnati.”

On his playing time
    “It’s always frustrating, you know, but I’m just doing what I can do and controlling what I can control, and that’s what I’m doing in practice – taking advantage of the opportunities I’m getting.

“I’m just going to go out there and play football, let everything take care of itself,” Dobson concluded. “I’m feeling good. I’m excited about this game coming up on Sunday Night Football.

BB on Dobsons status for Sunday
    Belichick was characteristically circumspect with regard to Dobson’s status for Sunday.

“We’ll do what we think is best for the game,” he said, “just like we always do.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Well, that's that then. Yer one who reported that is getting dogs abuse on twitter now.
    She should come forward with her source as she was clearly lied to.

She should come forward with her source as she was clearly lied to.

Being a typical journalist they will probably never reveal their source.

She won't reveal the source, nobody would ever speak to her in confidence again. The denials actually don't mean it didn't happen either, could just be putting on a united front and towing the line for the sake of the team. I will however choose to believe the denials though as I said before, it was an easy story to write given the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/category/_/name/defensive-snaps-2

Defensive snaps stats. Seems like key players are getting little rotation. 95%+ of snaps. I can see people picking up injuries pretty quick.

Looking like Browner won't be involved tomorrow night.

Kenbrell Thompkins released.

Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

What the ****?

Guess Tyms will be involved tommorow night.

Kenbrell Thompkins released.

Okay.

What? Jesus Christ there is some ****ing strange goings on in New England.

Maybe the reporter had the wrong name from her source, maybe she meant the other 2nd year wide receiver who was seeing little game time

And the joke of a season continues

Have the reports been confirmed yet?

And the joke of a season continues

So far all I see is a report that the Pats have waived him, could they be wrong? Probably not I suppose. Not to worry though, big Danny Amendola is still there

Edit: There were pretty strong rumours he would be inactive for the Bengals game but this kind of came out of nowhere

Masked Man wrote: »
    What the ****?

Guess Tyms will be involved tommorow night.

Ja'Gared Davis promoted from practice squad Browner and Tyms yet to be activated.

Tyms and Browner will most likely be activated Monday. They need to be activated by 4pm tomorrow if they are to play tomorrow night. But you ask yourself are they ready in the eyes of the coaching staff.

• Advertisement

Seems to be pretty much confirmed alright, up on the pats pulpit

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/10/4/6908437/patriots-release-wide-receiver-kenbrell-thompkins-brandon-browner

There is hardly any truth to the Larry Fitzgerald rumour is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Been pretty relaxed about the season so far but this pisses me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Fiver says the Jets grab him off waivers.

People wanted Tyms on the roster, it was always going to be Thompkins or Dobson that was going for him to make it.

Amendola has been poor so far but he can play in the slot, LaFell had a great game last week. Dobson is mia so far this season but I always thought he had more talent than Thompkins.

Its a tough one because everybody likes the UDFA that makes it. All I can think is they really, really like Tyms.

CJC86 wrote: »
    Fiver says the Jets grab him off waivers.
    It sounds very likely alright, nothing new if that happens.

People wanted Tyms on the roster, it was always going to be Thompkins or Dobson that was going for him to make it.

Why Only Thompkins or Dobson? Amendola or LaFell could have been cut.
    Amendola has been poor so far but he can play in the slot, LaFell had a great game last week. Dobson is mia so far this season but I always thought he had more talent than Thompkins.

Both Edelman and LaFell can and have played in the slot as has Gronk. So we really don't need Amendola. So I don't buy the slot excuse. Right now if I had to choose over LaFell and Amendola it would be LaFell and I would take Dobson and Thompkins over both of them any day. Never given a proper opportunity to grow either of them.

Why Only Thompkins or Dobson? Amendola or LaFell could have been cut.

Both Edelman and LaFell can and have played in the slot as has Gronk. So we really don't need Amendola. So I don't buy the slot excuse. Right now if I had to choose over LaFell and Amendola it would be LaFell and I would take Dobson and Thompkins over both of them any day. Never given a proper opportunity to grow either of them.
    Well I won't get into but I completely disagree with that. If Thompkins was 22 or 23 years old then maybe but he is 26 so its not like he is going to suddenly develop into a superstar.

Well I won't get into but I completely disagree with that. If Thompkins was 22 or 23 years old then maybe but he is 26 so its not like he is going to suddenly develop into a superstar.

We don't need him to be a superstar. We need WR right now who can catch footballs and Amendola is garbage and has started all 4 games this season and only has 3 catches for 16 yards. But yet we decided to drop Thompkins who has only played 2 games this season and started 1 of them who has 6 ctaches for 53 yards.

No surprise you turn this into something it isnt. I never said anything about him being a superstar. I made my opinion based on what we have right now and Dobson and Thompkins thrump Amendola anyday and LaFell has proven nothing either so I would rather take Thompkins and Dobson over him also.
    Well I won't get into but I completely disagree with that.

That is up to you if you disagree but why wont you go into it? Isn't that the point of a forum? At least offer up your opinion on it.

That is up to you if you disagree but why wont you go into it? Isn't that the point of a forum? At least offer up your opinion on it.
    Because you will just keep going with it. He has been inactive for a couple of games and that tells me he is not considered good enough. He didn't play well in the first game even though he had a couple of catches. He can't block and he had run the wrong route too many times.

LaFell can block, he is proven at the NFL level and he showed what he is capable of last week so the 27 year old LaFell is ahead of the 26 year old Thompkins for me.

Amendola has not done well here and I'm a bit surprised he is still here but if Edelman or LaFell get injured he becomes a very important part of the offense.

I can't see where Thompkins fits in. He is similar to Dobson and Tyms so for me its one of those three that doesn't make it.

• Advertisement

Because you will just keep going with it.

Oh yeah? Fair enough. Consider this the last response to you so.
    He has been inactive for a couple of games and that tells me he is not considered good enough. He didn't play well in the first game even though he had a couple of catches. He can't block and he had run the wrong route too many times.

He may not be considered good enough but our coaching staff have kept Amendola around who also blew routes and can't block to save his life. And has just as many penalty yards as he has offensive yard.
    LaFell can block, he is proven at the NFL level and he showed what he is capable of last week so the 27 year old LaFell is ahead of the 26 year old Thompkins for me.

LaFell can block and we all hoped this would add to catching ability and hoped he would improve with us but he hasn't he is no better than Thompkins or Dobson. And what has age got to do with it? Thomkins just turned 26 and LaFell is about to turn 28. That age thing is misleading because it is the difference of 3 seasons. LaFell is in the League since 2010 and Thompkins 2013. LaFell also left college a year earlier. So stop with the age nonsense.
    Amendola has not done well here and I'm a bit surprised he is still here but if Edelman or LaFell get injured he becomes a very important part of the offense.

He may be a slot filler if one of those 2 go down but until he is able to catch footballs and be effective he is still nothing more than a slot filler. You would be just as well to throw Thompkins or Dobson into the slot the way Amendola is playing
    I can't see where Thompkins fits in. He is similar to Dobson and Tyms so for me its one of those three that doesn't make it.

Its funny how you have changed your tune on Tyms. But hey as per my first line I wont be responding to you again. I have given my opinion on the matter and countered your above post but Im going to leave it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement