Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

stayed off the internet and watched the game though on condensed. First impressions were good. All along I have been looking for a performance out of the team, and thats what last night was. Yes, wins are good, but you need some sort of signs of progression and ability, and last night showed it. All sectors were really good. The tandem running backs went well, without seeing stats but they both had decent yardage. Vereen picked up a lovely third and long on a typical draw play which was nice. Ridley pulled off one monster run, but moved the chains a lot. And Brady got the job done without much impact from Edelman. Gronk got some nice plays, but he also made some poor drops, so there is still more in the tank. tim Wright was a great twist to the offense, and he showed up very well I thought. And Brady looked good. He looked assured and confident, and nothing like he had played at all this year.

All in all, credit to the set up for putting out a very good performance. Like TO said above, I'm not going for superbowl predictions or anything yet, but I am delighted that they have finally shown up and played to the ability that they have. Now to get some consistency and not drop back to mediocre playing next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'm confused, are we still trading Brady or nah?

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14ajwwy%3E&s=8#.VDKlv_ldU1I

Best crowd I've ever seen at a Pats game. Crowd stood for the entire game and the atmosphere was electric. Brady chant was the icing on the cake.

Atmosphere at Gillette is usual very meh, but after seeing the Chiefs crowd on Monday and how badly the team played, the Pats fans knew they needed to step up their game up to help this team and it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Love this interview with Gronk. Just shows how much the team wanted to rally around Tom and make the media eat their words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,920 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For anybody who cannot watch the video here is a link to what he said. He was clearly pissed with the media and fans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4769549/gronkowski-backs-brady-on-and-off-field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Love this quote from the Grantland article today.
    “I don’t know. It was the next game. It was good to win,” Bill Belichick exulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eagle eye wrote: »
    For anybody who cannot watch the video here is a link to what he said. He was clearly pissed with the media and fans.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4769549/gronkowski-backs-brady-on-and-off-field

Not sure if pissed off is what I would take from his interview, he was relieved, he was pumped, he was proud to have backed his QB and to hear the fans chant his name after a tough week.

Joy is the emotion I saw

Looks like there will be a lot of activity at 4pm for the Patriots.

We have a few banged up players and the possibility of adding 2 more (Browner and Tyms). KT looks like he was a victim of a numbers game and is supposedly been told he'll be resigned if he clears waivers, they'll know that at 4pm also.

I wouldn't be shocked if neither Browner or Tyms are activated and released. I'd hate to see a promising rookie like Butler get cut because he will defly be claimed. Surely either Kline or Devey will be the one of the ones to get cut as we are Oline heavy.

Hazys wrote: »
    Looks like there will be a lot of activity at 4pm for the Patriots.

We have a few banged up players and the possibility of adding 2 more (Browner and Tyms). KT looks like he was a victim of a numbers game and is supposedly been told he'll be resigned if he clears waivers, they'll know that at 4pm also.

I wouldn't be shocked if neither Browner or Tyms are activated and released. I'd hate to see a promising rookie like Butler get cut because he will defly be claimed. Surely either Kline or Devey will be the one of the ones to get cut as we are Oline heavy.

I think Hoomanawanui will be one of the cuts. I'd imagine one of Skinner, Kline and Dewey will be the other. Could be three cuts if the are bringing Tompkins back on.

I think Hoomanawanui will be one of the cuts. I'd imagine one of Skinner, Kline and Dewey will be the other. Could be three cuts if the are bringing Tompkins back on.

It'd be a surprise to me if Hoomanawanui is cut tbh.

Tim Wright looks like he could be a big part of the offense going forward. Its nice to have a 6'4", 220ish lb, 4:50 running TE who can catch the ball and doesn't murder people.

• Advertisement

Love this

brady%2Bhot%2Bpotato%2BGIF.gif

Monday's are so much nicer when the Pats win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Great performance to watch last night, really put a smile on my face. Here's hoping they can maintain and build upon this going forward.

Oh yeah, just in case anybody missed it, whats rare is wonderful and Danny Amendola caught a pass last night ladies and gents, a good pass too, moved the chains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Hazys wrote: »
    It'd be a surprise to me if Hoomanawanui is cut tbh.

Tim Wright looks like he could be a big part of the offense going forward. Its nice to have a 6'4", 220ish lb, 4:50 running TE who can catch the ball and doesn't murder people.

Don't jump the gun yet. I"ll believe our TE's are incapable of murder after they're traded, cut or retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Gronk is such a likeable guy, I don't think he was super pissed off, just really pumped up after the victory.

That opening drive was amazing, one of the best moments of the season. Stuffing the critics words back down their throats. A wonderful response to the negativity, turning all the anger and frustration into positive energy and literally crushing the opposition. Well done Pats.

Edit: Sorry is this comes across as pandering. I was genuinely pumped for you guys last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well we can forget about picking KT back up. The Raiders have claimed him off waivers. May he RIP.

However...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/519215692030038016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Well we can forget about picking KT back up. The Raiders have claimed him off waivers. May he RIP.

However...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/519215692030038016

Ah pity. Browner will also be activated.

Buchanan to IR, so room now for Tyms and Browner with Vellano released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Best of luck to KT; you'll always be part of one of the great Pats moments!
    KT's fist pump summed up my actions that night/morning!

One of my favorite pieces of sports commentary ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

[QUOTE=kryogen;92505440One of my favorite pieces The greatest piece of sports commentary ever[/QUOTE]

Fixed the obvious typo there Kryo.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Surprised Vellano was released, I thought he had a decent showing last season and was doing ok so far, but I'm not overly knowledgeable on that side of the game. Disappointed in the loss of Thompkins, was looking forward to seeing more of him and Dobson this season.

Lads, does anyone know where I can watch that first drive again?

Even before the season started, I was penciling in the Bengals game as a possible loss. But to come back and play like that after such a shocking game against The Chiefs. Well it makes me so, so proud of the team. We had to endure some media trolling all week and some stupid media attacks on Brady. But boy didn't they have that shoved down their throats.:D

So much love for Brady in Patriot Nation, so much love in the stadium last night. Have to admit I was a little bit emotional when the stadium was chanting Brady! Brady! Brady!. So much love for Brady on the entire team. Almost felt like they took the attacks on him real personal and wanted to prove a point.

Loved the Gronk interview and you can hear a clear shake in his voice when he said - "And I went out there with all my teammates and we made Tom Brady look like Tom Brady again. After you guys were criticising him all week." He started punching his hand when he was saying that. He was totally pumped and emotional. Brady clearly means everything to his team and I'm proud to see that kind of brotherhood on the team.

All going well, hopefully we can look back next February and see this as a pivotal moment in the season. A moment when the Pats turned up on the field and turned things around.

kryogen wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone know where I can watch that first drive again?

Apart from Gamepass, I've no idea. Eurosport will probably show some highlights of the game before the Monday night game later.

Apart from Gamepass, I've no idea. Eurosport will probably show some highlights of the game before the Monday night game later.

Don't have gamepass, just want to bask in the glow of that passion and drive again :( having withdrawels from the beast that is Brady already haha

Wont be staying up for the game tonight, 3 hours sleep last night, long day Im barely awake right now! Just hope its a shoot out, or a demolition job that goes on the overs to give me a nice double when I wake up

Pm sent to you Kryogen.

The protection Brady got last night was excellent for the most part. Clearly the message was sent out there that even if you get beat you don't get beat. We had quite a few holding calls against us and I've no problem with that. It makes for a meaner bunch on the OL and that is good to me. Also on a number of pass plays the OL kicked into a run formation and it fooled the Bengals into thinking it was a run play. That was a nice curveball to throw in there.

Overall though you could see the hunger and the passion in the players. From the outset last night you could see that Brady was pissed, probably about all the media stuff that went on all week. And he was pissed in the way I love to see him, taking it onto the field and using it to make himself even better. The run play on that first drive, the two QB sneaks in a row, that drive was just what was needed after the previous four weeks. It was powerful and it was all about the team leader no.12 Mr Tom Brady.

He joined a very elite band too last night by going over 50,000 yards. I'm delighted for the man to see him back to his very best and showing the desire and passion that has made him great is still burning hotter than ever.

There was a play from early last night where Wilfork was left one on one and he exploded through his opponent like he was a rag doll. It was a run play and he didn't get any plaudits for it as a result but we seen the Vince that we had before the injury right there and for most of last night. Its just great to see things go so well after a rough start.

The fear will be back in our opponents after the epic performance that was put on last night.

From the outset last night you could see that Brady was pissed, probably about all the media stuff that went on all week. And he was pissed in the way I love to see him, taking it onto the field and using it to make himself even better.

So true, when Brady has that face on him, you know the other team is pretty much finished. It was classic Brady. And fair play to the O line for allowing him to get to work.
    The protection Brady got last night was excellent for the most part. Clearly the message was sent out there that even if you get beat you don't get beat. We had quite a few holding calls against us and I've no problem with that. It makes for a meaner bunch on the OL and that is good to me. Also on a number of pass plays the OL kicked into a run formation and it fooled the Bengals into thinking it was a run play. That was a nice curveball to throw in there.

The O line did their job last night and it bodes well for the season if they keep it up. Credit to the Coaching staff too for last night's performance. God knows I've beaten some of them with a big stick and last night's performance was just the kind of reassurance that was needed.
    He joined a very elite band too last night by going over 50,000 yards. I'm delighted for the man to see him back to his very best and showing the desire and passion that has made him great is still burning hotter than ever.

Some achievement, some man. I think Gronk summed it up best last night when he said...."He's still a young buck and he has a lot left in the tank."

• Advertisement

Think I found it for myself thanks all the same though Eagle :)

Rewatching now, that first drive was just unreal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement