Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Huge First down there Brady to Edelman.

Fecking idiots need to stop these penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

That's why Gronk is the best TE in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Yesss get in. What a drive :D:D:D

Another huge first down.

Good job we didn't cut LaFell now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Game.Set.Match

Gronk, you are a beast.
    Best TE in the game, and he's not even close to 100%.

Safe to say La Fell has Brady's trust now. I doubted him and I'm glad to see him step up so well. Only makes you wonder though, what does Amendola do for this team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Safe to say La Fell has Brady's trust now. I doubted him and I'm glad to see him step up so well. Only makes you wonder though, what does Amendola do for this team?

Who is this "Amendola" you speak of?

Ah no, pretty safe to say he's gone at the end of the year.

Bills lose, Fins lose, Jets lose.

Pats now alone at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Take up valuable cap space mostly

• Advertisement

Happy enough with that performance. A few injuries though. Mayo likely gone for the year, Ridley will miss some time, Connolly won't make the Jets game I'd say but Stork should be back for that.

We're on to New York

Take up valuable cap space mostly

$6 million being p****d down the drain with him :(. Week 6, LA Fell has stepped up and improved. Tyms starts his first game and make a great connection with Brady. And yet we still wait for Amendola. Only for his high cap hit, I'd say we be trading him before the trade deadline.

$6 million being p****d down the drain with him :(. Week 6, LA Fell has stepped up and improved. Tyms starts his first game and make a great connection with Brady. And yet we still wait for Amendola. Only for his high cap hit, I'd say we be trading him before the trade deadline.

Doubt we would get much value out of him in a trade. Is Mayo's injury that bad?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Who is this "Amendola" you speak of?

Ah no, pretty safe to say he's gone at the end of the year.

I honest to God forgot about Amendola until I just read back the thread there. I was there thinking how great it was to see Tyms get his TD, Lafell with his pair, and the TE's and WR's connecting with Brady and all producing. And then there was Amendola.

Is Mayo's injury that bad?

Didn't see the first half and didn't see a lot of the second thanks to Gamepass crap. No idea what happened Mayo but all this talk is worrying me.

Mayo left the game on a cart and the stadium on crutches. Mike Reiss reporting a knee injury so guessing torn mcl

paulie21 wrote: »
    Mayo left the game on a cart and the stadium on crutches. Mike Reiss reporting a knee injury so guessing torn mcl

Wonderful.:(

If it's an MCL, then it sounds like a grade three which could put him out for 8 weeks. But if the ACL has some involvement, that's his season over. Only speculating, but it doesn't sound good.

balls to that, shades of last season there. Defense starts off strongly and gets gutted by injury

Oh Christ just saw this...
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Ridley will miss some time

Run game will be decimated if we lose Ridley, he's the only run it down your throat RB we have. He'll be a massive lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well we can hope that its only some sort of strain or sprain and something that just requires some rest. We missed him badly when he went down last season, don't want to be without him again.

• Advertisement

Oh Christ just saw this...

Run game will be decimated if we lose Ridley, he's the only run it down your throat RB we have. He'll be a massive lost.
    Whats going on? Everybody is going down after that game.

He will be a big loss but I like Vereen on all downs and Bolden can do a job too. We certainly won't be as good but Vereen can take on a bigger workload and hopefully we can get through the couple of weeks he misses.

eagle eye wrote: »

He will be a big loss but I like Vereen on all downs and Bolden can do a job too. We certainly won't be as good but Vereen can take on a bigger workload and hopefully we can get through the couple of weeks he misses.

You having a laugh? Only job he's up to is losing yardage. Serious competition between him and Amendola for most worthless offensive player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

eagle eye wrote: »

I have lots of faith in Vereen but not much in Bolden. That said, Bolden has a serious chance now to really show what he can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

How about James White? Is he ready to step up for a larger role?

DBIreland wrote: »
    How about James White? Is he ready to step up for a larger role?

He's only had 3 carries this year and I think he hasn't shown anybody what he can do yet. But all the backs reps will now go up.

It was noteworthy tonight that Tom hit LaFell, Gronk and Tyms on the deep ball. Big/tall/long receivers. Not always Edelman.
    This needs to continue. Hopefully OC will maintain this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didn't see any of the game yet, but happy with the result obviously, delighted to hear some of the Td's and some passing connections made but the injuries sound horrible :(

One of the injuries that least worries me(besides to a backup obv) is to a RB. You just need to be able to establish the run for Tom Brady to do his thing. We used the RBBC approach with success in the past and we can do it again while Ridley is out.

Yes its nice to have a premium RB on your team but its not the end of the world if you lose him for a few games.

As I said earlier, I kinda fancy Vereen as an every down back anyways. I would like to see him get that opportunity. Both Ridley and Vereen will need new contracts shortly and it will be hard to keep both of them. If Vereen can carry the workload then he is the one most likely to get the contract he is looking for.

• Advertisement

Brady went 361 yards for 4 TD's, no Int's and a 73% completion rate. Great to see Brady-like numbers returning. And what makes it a very impressive outing for Brady is, he manged to do that with no effective run game to help and while under some pressure in the pocket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement