Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

https://vid.me/e/Zfy

Gronk the greatest wingman

Fingers and toes crossed that both the Ridley and Mayo injuries are not season ending, not looking good tho.

Unfortunately we used our IR/Designated to return already

Tom F. Brady

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That was a fantastic play and as much for the catch as the great throw. It was a fantastic catch under pressure. Tyms sure does have it, things are getting exciting now with Gronk, Edelman, LaFell, Wright, Vereen and Tyms. Its gonna be hard for Dobson to see the field with that lineup of receivers ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    That was a fantastic play and as much for the catch as the great throw. It was a fantastic catch under pressure. Tyms sure does have it.

Been drooling over Tyms since I've seen him during preseason. Delighted we didn't cut him. Interesting too that he has a good friendship with and has been mentored by Moss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Been drooling over Tyms since I've seen him during preseason. Delighted we didn't cut him. Interesting too that he has a good friendship with and has been mentored by Moss.
    And its been said for a few years now that Moss has a future in the game in coaching. If Tyms turns out like he is looking right now then its certainly going to add to Randy's reputation.

And its been said for a few years now that Moss has a future in the game in coaching. If Tyms turns out like he is looking right now then its certainly going to add to Randy's reputation.

Signed him up as our WR coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Great to see the offence firing on all cylinders again.

Really hope Mayo isn't as bad as they think, we cant afford to lose him if there are any chances of resurrecting this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just about to sit down to watch the game now, that gif of the Td pass from Brady to Tymes has tempted me, work will be on hold for a couple of hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

325049.jpg

• Advertisement

This puts a downer over the win yesterday.
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Patriots RB Stevan Ridley will have an MRI tomorrow. It's a knee injury. Fear is that he tore his ACL.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Visual of Ridley's knee brace RT @Trags: Photo: Stevan Ridley with a cane and large ACL brace on his right knee… http://instagram.com/p/uERDktBm57/

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    I'm not gonna speculate on what it means, but certainly interesting Ridley had a brace and Mayo had a sleeve for their respective knees.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
    Mayo left stadium on crutches with compression sleeve on right leg covering calf and knee. Asked how he is, shook head and said, "not good."

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
    Also was told by two sources that Brady's ankle injury was "no joke" and it took significant work and treatment to get it right.

d08j4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ridley we can get by without for a few games but would really miss him in the post season if we were to have a shot at an AFC Championship game, Mayo I dont even want to think about losing though! Hopefully neither are season enders but not looking great....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Both Ridley and Vereen will need new contracts shortly and it will be hard to keep both of them. If Vereen can carry the workload then he is the one most likely to get the contract he is looking for.

Or it makes him too expensive, and Ridley is then cheaper because of the injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Brady with a serious ankle injury too, what a ****ty week with the Jets to come on Thursday. The O-line needs to bring their best as I'm sure the Jets would love nothing more than to knock Brady out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Brady with a serious ankle injury too, what a ****ty week with the Jets to come on Thursday. The O-line needs to bring their best as I'm sure the Jets would love nothing more than to knock Brady out of the picture.

In fairness that 'serious' ankle injury didn't look to bad yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I'm sure the Jets would love nothing more than to knock Brady out of the picture.

Probably all they have to play for at this stage and it would be nice to put them at 1-6.

me89 wrote: »
    In fairness that 'serious' ankle injury didn't look to bad yesterday.

Don't know where the reports of a serious ankle injury came from because he wouldn't have been playing. But the ankle injury was reported to be significant and apparently it needed a lot of therapy/treatment to get him onto the field. But even a moderate ankle injury/sprain will make things very awkward because it affected Brady's planting leg. Makes his numbers even more impressive playing through a gimped planting ankle.

According to two sources that spoke with Patriots Insider Tom E. Curran, the ankle injury that made Brady questionable to play in Sunday's game with the Bills was significant and needed a lot of therapy to be ready by the time the Patriots kicked off in Buffalo.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/sources-bradys-ankle-injury-significant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Schefter said on SportsCenter that both injuries will likely be season ending :(

Granted, he hasn't been as infallible as usual lately, but it doesn't bode well.

Feels like I'm waiting to hear news on a loved one with these MRI results.

Just confirmed, ridley out for the year after tearing his ACL & MCL. :(

6gBGBh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Massively disappointing. I wish I believed in Vereen enough to be an everydown back but I don't see it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I would say that gives Vereen a very distinct advantage over Ridley in the race for a second contract. I doubt we'll keep Ridley now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

According to the News here Stork and Connolly could be out Thursday also. Just watched the game we played well still plenty of improvement needed though. Mayo out will be huge if he is done once again for the season. I do believe James White and Shane Vereen will be able to carry the load of Ridley though. Going to lash rain here on Thursday so will make for an interesting game.

Tristram wrote: »
    Massively disappointing. I wish I believed in Vereen enough to be an everydown back but I don't see it. :(

I see Vereen as a finesse RB who's more effective operating outside of the Redzone. Vereen is excellent but he hasn't got that red zone punch that Ridley has. Ridley can break through tackles but Vereen can't. Ridley has always been excellent around the goal line for smashing through last stand defenses. I think we take that for granted from Ridley and when Bolden or Vereen have tried it, they often get stuffed or have negative yards. If anything, it might make it more affordable to keep both of them now. Especially with the market for RB's these days being very undervalued.

TO. wrote: »
    According to the News here Stork and Connolly could be out Thursday also.

Lord above, we see improvement in the Bengals game and they're dropping like flies since. Stork reportedly picked up a concussion last week during training which makes it all the more frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

That's a perfect description of how I see it. Is White any different or is he very similar to Vereen? Can you imagine suffering through week after week of Bolden running into people and falling over... :(

Tristram wrote: »
    That's a perfect description of how I see it. Is White any different or is he very similar to Vereen? Can you imagine suffering through week after week of Bolden running into people and falling over... :(

White is more in the mould of Vereen. But he hasn't done anything and he couldn't even run the ball during preseason :(. And Bolden? Well I think you summed him up. I think we'll activate Jonas Grey from the practice squad, he's a little bit heavier than Ridley but with a more North-South running style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

BKWDR wrote: »

We lost Mayo on Week 6 of last season.

We've lost Mayo on Week 6 of this season.

We better have our Bye Week at Week 6 for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

BKWDR wrote: »

Ah ball's. Feel sorry for him especially after last season. We are fairly thin at LB now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

White is more in the mould of Vereen. But he hasn't done anything and he couldn't even run the ball during preseason :(. And Bolden? Well I think you summed him up. I think we'll activate Jonas Grey from the practice squad, he's a little bit heavier than Ridley but with a more North-South running style.

Vereen and White are completely different players. White can catch out of the backfield but in Wisconsin system he ran a similar system inside that Ridley runs now. He can use the gaps and can pound it if needed.

As for Pre-season we had too many backs getting a shot and to expect any back to shine right away in a new system is asking much. White has talent and will hopefully show us that now he will get his chance.

What impressed people at Wisconsin was that for a 200 pound guy White has the ability to use his blocks and pound it.

I do think though we will go elsewhere as usual to find a ground and pound guy. Whether its Grey or some other FA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement