Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We just seem to be cursed with injuries to key players season after season. Last year we lost Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly and Vollmer and then Talib in the AFC Championship game last season.

This year so far we have lost Mayo and Ridley and I won't be surprised to see more go down shortly. Its not like we lose the more average players, we lose key players like the tackling machine that is Mayo and a running back who has really come into his own this season in Ridley.

I wonder who is coming on to the roster, Bequette maybe? He gets another chance to make a name for himself, he has been very disappointing so far. Maybe Jonas Gray too? I'd love to see him get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    Vereen and White are completely different players. White can catch out of the backfield but in Wisconsin system he ran a similar system inside that Ridley runs now. He can use the gaps and can pound it if needed.

As for Pre-season we had too many backs getting a shot and to expect any back to shine right away in a new system is asking much. White has talent and will hopefully show us that now he will get his chance.

What impressed people at Wisconsin was that for a 200 pound guy White has the ability to use his blocks and pound it.

I do think though we will go elsewhere as usual to find a ground and pound guy. Whether its Grey or some other FA.

I don't follow the college game so have no idea of his college career.But from what you're saying, it seems like he is more like a hybrid of Vereen & Ridley. And that's even better imo. Preseason is preseason, but tbh, rookie Roy Finch caught my eye a lot more than White. So I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and if he'll get more game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The injuries would almost bring a tear to your eye, every year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

The lawfirm is a free agent at the moment isn't he?

He's not spectacular, but he was always a solid guy in the redzone for us, could be an option along side vereen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I don't follow the college game so have no idea of his college career.But from what you're saying, it seems like he is more like a hybrid of Vereen & Ridley. And that's even better imo. Preseason is preseason, but tbh, rookie Roy Finch caught my eye a lot more than White. So I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do and if he'll get more game time.

Finch was cut a long time ago!

• Advertisement

Finch was cut a long time ago!

I think you've misread what I said earlier. When I said I look forward to seeing what he can do. I should have specified White, because I was talking about him and not Finch. My point earlier was I only noticed Finch during preseason not White. So I'm looking forward to seeing what White can now bring and if he'll catch the eye with more game time.

Still only 51 players on the roster, I'm surprised they haven't add anybody yet. They usually re-act immediately on these things. Could there be a trade in the works I wonder? Unlikely but you'd never know.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Still only 51 players on the roster, I'm surprised they haven't add anybody yet. They usually re-act immediately on these things. Could there be a trade in the works I wonder? Unlikely but you'd never know.

The trade deadline is in 13 days time. And I hope we don't waste time trading for a RB. Jonas Grey is a big physical between the tackles who we can activate of the PS. Linebacker depth seems very thin and probably our biggest area of need right now. Like yourself, I'll be very surprised if we don't have a couple of trades before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

...i wonder is Blount liking his surroundings in Pitts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I doubt they would be willing to part with him. He is a good back-up for Bell. Do they have much by way of depth after that?

Anything I've read suggests Gray will be promoted from the practice squad (although maybe not for this week).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

eagle eye wrote: »

Still 53 technically as Mayo and Ridley haven't been put on IR yet correct?

I presume will both be put on IR today and 2 players will be promoted from the PS.

Interesting, would be crazy/awesome to see:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/10/a_dream_job_for_darrelle_revis

Although he's more likely to catch a TD pass off Geno than Tom tomorrow night tbf

Hazys wrote: »

Revis catching the game winning TD would probably send the JEST into meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Because it's Jets week.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23708-1353640405-0.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6670-1353640779-0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hazys wrote: »

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/10/a_dream_job_for_darrelle_revis

Although he's more likely to catch a TD pass off Geno than Tom tomorrow night tbf

That kinda stuff just sets him up to be cynically fouled or a target from the Jets...a potential injury we don't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Extremely heavy rain at the moment leaving soon to make my way to stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Extremely heavy rain at the moment leaving soon to make my way to stadium.

Are there many other Jets fans going with you?

:pac:

Are there many other Jets fans going with you?

:pac:

2 of them. 1 who we drove down to NJ on Sunday for the Broncos game and then 1 guy from the missus work who we sold our other ticket to.

2 of them.

All going well, this will be your Jets friends when they look at the final scoreboard.....

7tYsQQ.gif

And this will be you walking out of Gillette.....

7QQAPX.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Chris Barker and Jonas Gray expected to be promoted from the practice squad

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Chris Barker and Jonas Gray expected to be promoted from the practice squad

Barker being activated doesnt look good for both Stork or Connolly playing :(

Its 10.15pm in Ireland, its 5.15pm in Foxboro. Down in New Jersey deep in Jetsville its that time of the day when they prepare to suffer another thumping at the hands of the New England Patriots! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Wish I could stay up for this! :(

This will be a tight game but i think the Pats will break away near the end. Hope I'm wrong and we whoop them by 50.

I'm hoping for a blow out but if the conditions are monsoon-like, then I can't see it happening. The Jets will be quite happy to see poor weather and the bad weather might make it a turnover fest. We''ll also see how good our run game is running the ball against a very tough front seven.

Stork and Connolly inactive :mad: Jets DL could do some damage

b4uibk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Debating whether to start Brady or Cutler in my FF due to the rain.......

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/522898851737649152

Guess it's Cutler......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Out of curiosity, how much of the game on the ground (without screens etc) can you keep track of up that high TO? Never been to a game myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Day off tomorrow. Staying up for this hope I'm not going to regret it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement