Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hear there was a rainbow coming out of Foxboro Stadium earlier on. Hopefully the pot of gold underneath it was Jonas Gray, love the guy and hope he takes his chance and becomes a star in New England.

James White is inactive again, Gray is active. Go Patriots!!! Beat the Jesters bad please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Devey back in the O line and I've just dusted off the rosary beads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Out of curiosity, how much of the game on the ground (without screens etc) can you keep track of up that high TO? Never been to a game myself.

Can see all of the field and all of stadium

eagle eye wrote: »
    I hear there was a rainbow coming out of Foxboro Stadium earlier on. Hopefully the pot of gold underneath it was Jonas Gray, love the guy and hope he takes his chance and becomes a star in New England.

James White is inactive again, Gray is active. Go Patriots!!! Beat the Jesters bad please.

Not just 1 rainbow a mother fooking double rainbow :)

TO. wrote: »
    Not just 1 rainbow a mother fooking double rainbow :)
    Two pots of gold, Gray and Tyms.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

Really looking forward to seeing Jonas in action myself. If he can run over defenders the way he did against the Eagles in preseason, I'll be very happy.

Really looking forward to seeing Jonas in action myself. If he can run over defenders the way he did against the Eagles in preseason, I'll be very happy.
    He is a smart kid and has leadership in him too. If he starts well he will get the whole OL working harder than ever before for him. I hope it goes well for him, would love to see him make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

What a start:D:D

Feck ya La Fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Those holding penalties by special teams piss me off so much. Just backs us up each time. Might as well take a knee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Decent few plays there. I'd love some counter runs for vereen.

The Run D is so frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just tuned in for last play.

They look good?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just tuned in for last play.

They look good?
    Run D is killing the team.
    We'd only 8mins possession in 1st half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Run D is killing the team.
    We'd only 8mins possession in 1st half.

I've probably jinxed us by staying up...

Shyte defense can't get off the field. Clocks ticks away on Brady time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Hopefully that'll help Amendola's confidence. Great catch, did well to hang on!

First snap of the season for Danny and he gets a catch and a TD....... what, he's been active in every game???

I really didn't think Mayo's injury would be such an issue, but our LB's have been brutal tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I really didn't think Mayo's injury would be such an issue, but our LB's have been brutal tonight.

Short week, hopefully they'll improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Going to need the extended time to work on defence. Worrying how easy the Jets moved upfield.

infacteh wrote: »
    Short week, hopefully they'll improve

They had the benefit of most of last year to adapt to losing Mayo.
    Hope you're right though.

That took about 5 years off my life.

First snap of the season for Danny and he gets a catch and a TD....... what, he's been active in every game???

And that's why I'm not going to overly praise the highest paid WR on our team, for doing something everyone else has been doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That one was not for the weak of heart. Defence against the run is still a big issue. Brady looked good tonight. Loved the play early on where they faked the hand off to Vereen on 3rd and nailed the pass. Lot's of criticism of the run on 3rd calls so far this season, maybe Josh has been setting up the whole season so far just to get that fake to work :D

Pretty chuffed, wish they had a picture in picture display of Rex Ryan's facial expressions as the Pats picked them apart. Never gets old beating the Jets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I know Amendola has gotten a lot of criticism, but I was chuffed for him that he made that catch. Hopefully this can be the start of expanding the play calls to include more of our receivers and taking the offense to the next level.

wish they had a picture in picture display of Rex Ryan's facial expressions as the Pats picked them apart.

Here ya go.....

5CPYtg.gif

After the blocked FG....

6FM7f5.gif

Bill on his way to the locker room....

7P5ii2.gif

Not long home even though I live 10mins from the stadium but before I go to bed:

Run Defense: Losing Mayo has left a gaping hole in there we need to improve

Pass Defense: We were lucky the Jets can't throw the football as that game would have been completely different had they been able to. Also Browner needs to learn quicker the new rules mean he needs lay off the touchy feely crap with WR. I thought after the flags thrown on him pre-season he would have copped on.

ST: Amendola has done more as a returner than he has offensively and we were solid tonight on ST except for that one sh1te punt by Allen.

Offense: All about our Oline and guys dropping footballs. LaFell is going to annoy me all season long. For every good thing he does he ruins it with bad routes and penalties. Gronk still for me personally is not 100%. Drops all over the place again and not having Connolly and Stork has left us struggling again.

Overall there is improvements needed still and until we fix them again its going to be painful displays win or lose. Also if we play a team that has balance and we play like we did tonight we will lose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

good to get the win. made it tough, but it always is in at least one of these games each season.

For the good, I was happy with Brady again. He made some really good throws under pressure. The O line was good early on, but progressivly got worse, but Tom made up for it with some good throws.

Vereen was an excellent option, and made some great catches. It was obvious the game was more of a throwing option than running, although a few runs we made, I would have preferred if we did actually throw.

La Fell started well, but really went out of it. And another bloody PI call on him when Amendola caught the ball. Seriously, how many times is that now?

Some awful drops too, Gronk had a couple, Edelman had a couple, and you wouldnt expect either to do so. I dont know how bad the weather was or hwo wet it was, so I'll give them a pass on that, but still, you'd expect them to hold on to the ones they let go.

I'd give Amendola credit for that TD catch too. I know Corvus argument is he should be doing it the whole time, but still, it was a super catch, and shows his ability. What I more liked about it though was he changed his route, and Brady was on the same page as him. Its been said the reason he isnt doing well is because if his route is covered, then he has no adaptability to change it up and get open off route. So for him to twist back, Brady to see it and throw accordingly, and to make a super twisting grab and get over for the TD, was great to see. Now to see it more often.

The run defence was utter scutter. Absolute muck. Everytime they lined up, it was just 7 or 8 yards pretty much every play. I cant understand why the Jets went for a throw on the 2 point conversion, they had been destroying us on the run, yet they go for a throw for a 2 yard gain.

Jones was the really the only one to come out with much credit on the defence. Got a couple of sacks, and had 2 more taken back because of bad holding calls in the secondary.

All in all, I'll take the win and seeing the offence improving another notch again. Good to have the division win too, as I do think it will be tighter this year, although I think I over rated the Bills too much, and the Dolphins have had some unlucky losses so my earlier fear of not winning the division has subsided a massive amount.

• Advertisement

Nice easy 6 Games coming up :eek:

Bears
    Broncos
    @Colts
    Lions
    @Packers
    @Chargers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement