Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    Another guy riddled with injuries. We sure do like our Injured players

If you have any knee issues or previous ACL surgery, then your chances of making the Patriots roster is pretty high. It's gone beyond being even funny at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

If you have any knee issues or previous ACL surgery, then your chances of making the Patriots roster is pretty high. It's gone beyond being even funny at this stage.

Dr. Belichick likes him some damaged knees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

On the plus side though we traded with the Bucs to pick up Talib, Blount and most recently Wright. We have done nicely trading with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I'm always amazed when teams trade with the Patriots. If I was a GM and I heard Belichick wanted one of my players I'd think that's the very player I'd like to keep. He must have identified a talent or skill that hasn't been fully tapped.

Now that Greg Schiano has left - what is the connection (if any) between the Buccs and the Patriots. They do seem to do a lot of business together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

10393696_10152587957566263_2251125077462450582_n.jpg?oh=75d8a42f2fec80e4b8fb02a7ff126474&oe=54AF5BDF&__gda__=1420634724_423abf914b592be25ad3f2eba178d78e

Good auld Bill...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Really tough game on Sun.
    Bronco's are deservedly the No1 ranked team out there; consistent in defense and offense.
    They've had a tough schedule and are 6:1; that one lose came in Seattle, in OT.
    A win in NE would pretty much guarantee them 1st seed in the AFC.

Hard not to think back to last years games.
    That incredible game in Foxboro when the Pats were down 24:0 at HT and turned it around to win it in OT.
    The AFC Champions game was totally one sided, only losing by 10pts in the end was a credit to how we kept fighting; but we'd no pass rush (Jones was not fit), Talib out early, no Kelly/Vince, no Mayo, and our secondary (Dennard/Ryan/Gregory are now either gone or not starters) got picked on. Not to mention an offense that did nothing until the end of the game.

The Broncos have improved from last year; their defense looks good. Massive test for our OL (Ware and Miller have 17 sacks between them).

The Pats have looked good for a few weeks; the last 4 games has seen the offense improve each time.
    Will need Gronk and Co to step it up again from last week.
    Defense needs a big day. Up against possibility the best receiving corp in the NFL right now.

I'm hopeful for a Pats win, just because it's TB (10-5 V's Manning) and Bill and it's in Foxboro.
    Should be a great game.

Don't know if any of you have been following #12 on Facebook. Some of his latest pics are hilarious and max man crush level lately and just plain cool:

xc8ye.jpg

20rmvra.jpg

23mat14.jpg

2rwlu3c.jpg

fk8nkl.jpg

2efoktl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Some of those are hilarious

<3 tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Can't wait for Sunday. Hope its a close game. This i can't help but feel will be the true test for the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can't wait for Sunday. Hope its a close game. This i can't help but feel will be the true test for the season.

absolutely. To be playing such dirt early on, yet come out of it all on the right side of things still says a lot about the team. But this is wherre we can properly evaluate where they stand with regards to the playoff push. Legitimate contenders? Or still a fair bit off. I'm surprised at how poor a lot of other teams are, and Denver seem to be the only real consistent side.

• Advertisement

If nobody takes out his knees and he stays healthy, then what we saw Sunday might be getting served up for the rest of the season. Who am I talking about? Yes, you all know who........

7Dg779.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Corvus, you need to start doing more of your Photoshop's in this thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hows the weather there now?

kryogen wrote: »
    Hows the weather there now?

Just watching GP live from Gillette and it's still snowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Dennard a healthy inactive again today. Zach Moore out too. Branch and Casillas are active.

Just watching GP live from Gillette and it's still snowing.

Snow was a light dusting wont really affect game. Cold and windy though.

Some Pats fans I know are worried about the Broncos pass rush, namely Von Miller and Ware. The main man for me though is Pot Roast. He wrecked our interior O line last January and sowed the seeds of our defeat in that game. Edge pressure is one thing, but no QB will live with a guy tearing through the middle and landing right in his face. So if our O line can't stop him tonight, I'll probably just change channels. The O line has really improved recently, but tonight will tell us by how much.

Agreed Corvus. The OL is likely to make or break our night.
    I think that TB will stick with Broncos for the night if he's given the protection.
    Will our D do enough to keep us in the game?

Broncos have really stepped it up this year.
    I think they look better than last year; record breaking stats don't mean much when you get blown out in the SB.

But we're also better.
    As long as Gronk is Gronk, TB will do the rest.

Wish I could be in Foxboro tonight; not many of these Brady/Manning games left ;(

We really need to get the run game going also. Of course we just had to be facing the best run defense in the league :(. But I would love to see Jonas Grey build on his very good start last week and just run over them. And if the Gronkanator can pick up where he left off last week, I can't see anyone stopping him. First and foremost, protect the GOAT.

• Advertisement

Wish I could be in Foxboro tonight; not many of these Brady/Manning games left ;(

I got offered tickets Friday but its my Anniversary today and we just back from New Hampshire. Wifey wouldn't have been happy :). Wish I could have gone :(

Not getting any pass rush whatsoever.

If we don't get pressure Manning will find his groove and carve us open. Brandon Fooking Browner needs to stop being so physical. When is he going to cop on and realise the rules have changed.

Blatant hold on Pat Chung too missed. Bit of consistency here refs, would that be too much to ask?

With Jones out we have no pass rush. And even when he's playing, it's pretty inconsistent. I don't think any team fears our pass rush.

Blatant hold on Pat Chung too missed. Bit of consistency here refs, would that be too much to ask?

Thing is though it doesn't excuse Browners actions. PI is going to get called a lot quicker and more often than holds. Holding calls were inconsistent before they said they were going to call it more. The consistency is neve going to change in that regard.

TO. wrote: »
    Thing is though it doesn't excuse Browners actions. PI is going to get called a lot quicker and more often than holds. Holding calls were inconsistent before they said they were going to call it more. The consistency is neve going to change in that regard.

Sorry, I meant the hold was on the TD play, not Browner's PI play which I'm not disputing.

Ward is a sneaky little bugger, targetting Gronk's knee again.

Sorry, I meant the hold was on the TD play, not Browner's PI play which I'm not disputing.

I knew what you were saying I am just saying holding calls will always remain inconsistent blatant or not.

• Advertisement

FG's won't cut it tonight, those are the catches LaFell needs to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement