Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Defensively poor offensively poor. Going to be a long night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Logan Ryan. Dennard must be awful in training to not feature for the defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

This reminds me of "make them go to Manningham"

Glad to see us run the ball.
    GB are 30th against the run.
    Let's establish the run and then get the passing game going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

great job by Bolden....TB is seriously pumped for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bolden, did not see that one coming. Bill trolling us all

Good time to get a sack.
    Packers leading all the stats, but just 9pts in it.

Need to pick up where that TD drive finished.
    GB look like scoring on each drive; have to match it.

Letting the Packers pick up to many 3rd downs, Rogers is so lethal when he gets mobile

Excellent drive.
    Took time off the clock as well.

Let's get to HT and get the ball to start the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lads the rest of us are discussing the game in the week 13 thread just in case you don't know.

• Advertisement

Cannot understand our run game tonight.
    We're either not running it, or running it at the wrong time
    and ending up in 3rd and long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just tuning in now, how have we been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Just tuning in now, how have we been?

Hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Ah well not our week. Credit it to the team for staying within 5 points when we played so poorly. Hope Jones is back soon it's horrible watching Rodgers dancing around the pocket and nobody getting near him.

A game we deserved to lose.
    But cannot understand our lack of a run game, cause when we ran the ball if was effective.
    Could have given ourselves a lot more 3rd and short, and kept GB offense on the sideline and reversed the time of possession.

Well have to win out now I guess. Massive game in San Diego next week

let the Packers get too many soft 3rd downs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

paulie21 wrote: »
    Well have to win out now I guess. Massive game in San Diego next week

i think ye will need one, maybe two more losses to not end up #1 seed. They have tie-breaker with DEN, IND and CIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gronk was very close to catching that ball. He actually had it but lost control as he went to ground.

Hard to understand the reluctance to use Blount and Gray on the run more, especially in the 4th, when they had started to find holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Hard to understand the reluctance to use Blount and Gray on the run more, especially in the 4th, when they had started to find holes.

Because that's what everybody expected us to do!!!!

Know it might be a stupid thing to say but maybe that loss was a good for us. It will cool down the hype that had been built up over the last few weeks. The players will now know they are not unbeatable. Better taking the loss now than in the playoffs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'm not too despondent about that loss. I thought it would be tough to go there and win, and in reality, it could have been a good deal worse.

Our redzone defence was excellent. They only go field goals of redzone attempts so for that, they deserve credit.

Thats wehere it ends for the defence though. Our pass rush was abysmal. Utterly abysmal. Rodgers had what seemed like minutes to try pick out a pass, and only for some good coverage he would have torn us to shreds. Having Ninkovic covering the RBs on wheel routes and going to the lines was dumb calling. We gave up far too many big plays, Rodgers made a heap of long passes for over 20 yards. We all knew it, but the slot/second safety is a huge issue. Logan Ryan got absolutely burned last night.

On offence, it was so so. Brady was effective without being spectacular. Kind of summed up everything. The play calling was conservative, and bar LaFell, no one really stood up and was counted. But I'm not too concerned about that. If, and its a big if, we meet later, I think they showed a lot more kinks and plays and formations on offence than we did. Most of our play calling was very standard routes, simple plays with no trick type moves or strange looks. They had a few WR in the backfield options and other variances which could be useful longterm. Thats the ultimate clutching at straws, but at the same time I always go back to the Giants end of season game in 06.

Quick note on the umpires, they were ****ing useless. If it was the replacement lingerie refs they'd be lambasted today. Calling 12 men on the field and throwing the flag before the play was a horrendous call. The stonewall push off on Dennard. The spot on third down in the second quarter. A few spots looked way off to me, standing at the spot, and then taking a step bak and running in. Absolutely none of it made a difference, as most of them didnt amount to anything, but it was really average stuff from them, and must have frustrated the **** out of Bill. And on the flipside, the illegal defensive contact when Edelman penalty when he ran into the defender, what could he do?

anyway, for the time of possession we had, and to stay close and competitive, I'd take the positive from that. But it does leave the pressure on now to win the remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm going to wait for the snap counts before I make a full decision on what we were at yesterday. I'm of the opinion right now that we used it to study the Packers and to see how some of our periphal players were doing. That is why I want to wait, just to see the snap count for Dobson, Dennard, Bolden and others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm going to wait for the snap counts before I make a full decision on what we were at yesterday. I'm of the opinion right now that we used it to study the Packers and to see how some of our periphal players were doing. That is why I want to wait, just to see the snap count for Dobson, Dennard, Bolden and others.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4773329/patriots-offensive-snaps-full-load-for-rob-gronkowski-for-first-time

Dobson 4, Bolden 7, defence not up there yet.

But I think you may be right in your thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dobson only came in when Edelman got hurt didn't he? Then he got hurt himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

kryogen wrote: »
    Dobson only came in when Edelman got hurt didn't he? Then he got hurt himself!

Yes and Dennard only came in because Logan Ryan was getting destroyed by Adams's.

Anyone got a gif of Gronks almost catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

One thing that stands out for me in the 1st half (didn't see the 2nd), was how bad Hightower and Collins are at engaging inside linemen.

They clean up well when the line creates the gap for them to fill, but if our D-Line fails to hold the blockers at the line and they release upfield we're done.

Both of them seemed determined to be the force man in run support, neither played the fill role.
    So you had both linebackers hitting the outside shoulders of the linemen while Lacy ran right up the inside gap. We missed Mayo bigtime last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

It was always going to be a tough task to go to Lambeau and win, no matter how good you think you are coming into it so I wouldn't make a big deal about the loss yet. Coming off the broncos, colts, lions, and packers 3-1 isn't at all unlike championship form which is why I'm a little surprised to see Brady as seemingly cut up about the loss as he is talking about ''waiting your whole career for moments like that". I know he probably just wanted to win at Lambeau and realises chances to do so will be few and far between but still it was something that surprised me a little.

The lack of a run game though last night amongst other things did strike me as how easy it is to go back those criticisms of McDaniels like at the start of the season where "he was out thinking himself" :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement