Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I know he probably just wanted to win at Lambeau and realises chances to do so will be few and far between but still it was something that surprised me a little.

It's not as if he didn't win at Lambeau before. His offense battered the Packers 35-0 back in 2006. I think it's more to do with him knowing it was a game they could have won more than anything else. And after the recent run of fine wins, throwing a game away undoubtedly pisses him off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Brady was really pissed alright. Be interested to hear his interview on WEEI this week and see what his thoughts are a day after the game and time to reflect on it. I havent seen him that fired up for a game in quite a while, even when Bolden went in he was really pumped. Good to see in one sense, I just hope he doesnt think he left it all on the field there. I believe there is more in him as he showed in the mid part of this season. Couple of off throws, and was pressured a bit more than I'd like, but onto the Chargers now and hopefully we can beat them and come back to Foxboro and see out the rest of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

It's not as if he didn't win at Lambeau before. His offense battered the Packers 35-0 back in 2006. I think it's more to do with him knowing it was a game they could have won more than anything else. And after the recent run of fine wins, throwing a game away undoubtedly pisses him off.

Yep I should've added in beating Rodgers. But it would be odd for a pro, particularly one like Brady, to be so outwardly pissed off at a loss for such reasons and to be talking about it in terms of once in a lifetime kind of chances.

That could well be it, perhaps the team had been building this one up for a while as the game that will give them a true measure of themselves and to then lose it be a massive disappointment. It's just rare to see TB talk about a loss in such terms that isn't a Super Bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A mix of being content with being competitive in a game I think we all had down as a loss when the fixtures were released yet annoyed we didn't get a result for a finish. I think what was frustrating was knowing that we were not at full tilt last night and certainly tried to over complicate it at times- It was calling out for Blount/Gray to keep us on the field 2nd half but bar a few snaps it never materialized... Pass rush was non existent tho and the reason we deserved to lose. You can not give Rodgers that much time on the ball- The Nelson TD before HT was killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Patriots schedule for the run in:

@Chargers
    Dolphins
    @Jets
    Bills

Broncos schedule for the run in:

Bills
    @Chargers
    @Bengals
    Raiders

Pretty similar schedules although i rather be facing the Raiders at home than the Jets away. Playing the Dolphins at home is probably on par with playing the Bengals away.

Interesting run in...we cannot afford to lose a single game. Even tho i think we are a better team than last year's team having the AFC Championship in Foxboro would be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think the Broncos will probably win out tbh so no slip ups can be allowed.

The only team I see testing them is the Chargers, and at that they will need to turn up big time.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11964108/bill-belichick-robert-kraft-possible-witnesses-aaron-hernandez-murder-trial

BB can be called on to be a witness at Hernandez's trial...that would be hilarious. I can imagine the conversation going something like this:
    Lawyer: "Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"
    BB: "We're on to Cincinnati."

Lawyer: "Did you notice any difference in the behavior of Mr Hernandez leading up to the murder?"

Lawyer: "As Mr Hernandez's employer, did he ever come to you with any personal issues?"

Lawyer: "In your opinion, do you think Mr Hernandez could have committed this crime?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

http://deadspin.com/the-patriots-hung-out-with-justin-bieber-last-night-1665607185

Dammit, Gronk has no chance of staying healthy now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

BizzyC wrote: »

Why associate yourself with that d**k.

And reports that the Florida Gators are interested in mcdaniels. Could be a decent move for him to go to college ball before getting another shot in the nfl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

That turn of the head at 0:17 :D

Hazys wrote: »
    Oh yeah I think he's a very likable character. Everybody speaks so highly of the positive youthful energy he brings with him everywhere he goes. Meathead/bro is exactly what he is; loves sports, lifts weights, loves women with that type of humor aka if somebody farted in the huddle he be laughing his ass off.

BB made the players practice without numbers today, what did Gronk do? http://boston.barstoolsports.com/m/random-thoughts/belichick-makes-pats-practice-without-numbers-today-gronk-promptly-tapes-the-69-on-his-back/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lord where did the season GO! It *just* started!

Big enough must win games to secure that 1st seed.

Actually the Bills being in the hunt it will make the game im going to all that bit more important! WOO HOO

Did i mention im going to the Bills game?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

BKWDR wrote: »
    Lord where did the season GO! It *just* started!

Big enough must win games to secure that 1st seed.

Actually the Bills being in the hunt it will make the game im going to all that bit more important! WOO HOO

Did i mention im going to the Bills game?
    no . Are you going to the Bills game yeah?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Reports that Aaron Dobson has been put on season ending IR. Give us a chance to bring someone up to the roster. Hopefully Dobson will be fully healthy for training camp next year and and show us the potential he has

paulie21 wrote: »
    Reports that Aaron Dobson has been put on season ending IR. Give us a chance to bring someone up to the roster. Hopefully Dobson will be fully healthy for training camp next year and and show us the potential he has

Poor lad had a nightmare season and it's a pity to see a season being lost through more injury. He had the best rookie season of the BB era by a WR last year. So the talent is there, hopefully he can have a strong, injury free prep for next season and comeback strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is Tyms still with the squad? Haven't noticed him getting any reps in awhile.

Is Tyms still with the squad? Haven't noticed him getting any reps in awhile.

He's still with us and more reps certainly wouldn't do him any harm at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Looking back to the Packers game, I feel it was a game we threw away.

The negatives for me were - Our lack of pass rush gave Rodgers way too much time and on their second last drive of the game in the 4th quarter, Rodgers had nearly 12 seconds to scamper around trying to find a player. Credit to the defense for keeping good coverage and forcing Rodgers to throw it away. But it's ridiculous seeing a QB have that much time with the ball in hand.

Logan Ryan had a very bad game and was targeted throughout the game. Right now he seems to be maintaining our tradition in recent year, where rookie defensive backs get worse in year two. It happened to McCourty & Arrington and it's worrying. It can be all on the players and you have to ask questions about our DB's coach.

I thought the offensive game plan was a disaster and once again we saw what happens when McDaniel's tries to be too clever for his own good. We played the 30th worst run defensive in the league, we've got two very good power RB's in Blount & Gray and what do we do? Not only do we keep Gray on the bench, but we barely run the ball. Bollockology is what that is. Our offense has been steadily improving as the season progressed, we've kept a nice balance on Pass & Run. And away we go against a poor run defense and don't run the ball. To make matters worse, GB run the ball to specifically keep Brady of the field and sustain their drives and it worked. Because they had 13 minutes more time in possession than we had.

Bolden chosen over Gray? I've seen more from Gray in a couple of games, than from Bolden in three years. Yet a more powerful runner is virtually benched against a vulnerable defense. We should have used the dual battering rams of Blount & Gray and inexplicably we didn't.

Marcus Cannon remains a very weak in our O line and I hope he's not with us next year.

And on a key final drive when Brady was getting us near to FG range at the very least, Solder falls asleep and gives up a very poor sack on a 3rd down that more or less ended the game. Now that we're in the business end of the season. We don't want him going back to the absent minded nonsense, he was at for the first 4 games.

The positives for me were - Akeem Ayers just looks better with each game. He really was a great signing by BB.

The La Fell/Brady chemistry gets better and better. I thought La Fells first TD was a thing of beauty. He ran a beautiful route, completely dummied the DB, makes a beautiful cut out to get separation in the end zone and makes the catch. It was the kind of play that you really appreciate the more you rewind the tape and look at it.

Blount looked good again and I'm glad he's home. He averaged 5.8 Yards a carry and only gets the ball 10 times against one of the worse defenses in the league:confused:, thanks to the genius of Josh. We can only imagine the damage he could have done if given 20+ carries.

Hightower is going from strength to strength in our defense. Excellent once again, but as usual, the media buffs never seem to notice. His intelligence is really beginning to manifest in his play this year, he's undoubtedly a captain in waiting imo.

The defense did a good job in the second half limiting GB to only 3 points. Just a pity the offensive game plan wasn't up to speed.

Now let's hope we can get back to a logical and balanced game plan against the chargers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I think Bill will have learnt a lot from the game and hope he will have a plan to beat them if we meet again. He knows he can run on them, hopefully he was probing their pass defence to see if there are any areas to exploit there.
    This is what I have been trying to convince myself all week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Based on absolutely nothing but a feeling I think the Pats are going to whallop the Chargers this week. Can see Rivers getting picked a few times and them caving.

Very impressive stuff from Brady since the chiefs loss.....

Untitled_1_78.jpg

And over the last 8 games, you can also throw in an average 68% completion rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Brady has gone 45-7 (.865) in his career in December.
    As the conditions worsen for a passer, Brady just gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Won't get to see tonights game live, will have to catch it tomorrow.
    We have the quality to go there and win, but need to be better than last week on offense and put some pressure on the passer, otherwise Denver will have the No1 seed in the AFC.

I love Rivers, I really think he is a brilliant qb, and I hope he enjoys eating plenty of turf tonight

Phew!

I'm critical of the offence of course, but you gotta say the Chargers played well on defence, very well.

Great game to come through and pick up the win, the D came up huge and ST's contributed again which is great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Scary how one dimensional the offence became, Minitron made the difference!

Defence were excellent, pass rush was decent. Savage hit by Browner!

Massive win, should virtually assure us home field advantage.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Few Things:

Our Defense are awesome right now. It feels like the Pats of the early 00's. They are truly keeping us in games and getting the job done. Grinding down opponent offenses. Revis kept Allen in his pocket. Browner see below and our linebackers and Dline were amazeballs.

ST: Again solid as always huge tonight.

Brandon Browner: When he is not fouling people he is solid. Begs the question in the playoffs will the refs be as stingy as they are now or will they like in playoffs gone just let teams play ball.

Offensively: Offensive Line were garbage for the majority of the game especially Solder. Need to get back to New England and iron out those kinks. Brady at times looked like he was slipping away from the game but true Brady form the fire lit under him and he got the job done.

Fish next week wont be an easy game as I expect every game to be from here on out.

Defense wins the MVP award for me tonight.

• Advertisement

Collins taking over signal calling duties from Hightower, especially on such a tough an away game wasn't easy. And then having to play out of position inside and to play as well as he did. Makes Collins my defensive MVP and that's from an entire defense who were immense all night long.

The O line caused all our offensive problems and I'm just glad Brady was still walking at the end of the night. We left too many points on the field. More nonsense from McDaniel's could have cost us on that first drive. Blount ran at will, yet he wasn't used to power into the end zone :confused:. That 4 point difference could have cost us the game. But it was Nice to see Minitron making that lovely play to win the game. And Brady's fire, passion and hunger is a strong as ever and a joy to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement