Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Defence bailing Brady out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Massive sack from Hightower

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭murtyd17

huge sack, huge missed field goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Were scrapping by in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Dodged a bullet with that FG miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Folk missed field goal, Now offense close this out

Big Vince with his fingernails :)

what the fcuk were the officials at there

We got lucky with that 1st down we were clearly short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

TO. wrote: »
    We got lucky with that 1st down we were clearly short
    How do they go to replay, and still appear to get it wrong?

• Advertisement

Huge 2 minutes coming up

GJ amendola. Delivered roday when we needed him most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

First down here will do it.

How do they go to replay, and still appear to get it wrong?

No idea its baffling. The chains clearly showed we were half an inch short. So to say we got the first down the ball should have been moved but then again after using the chains they never confirmed or denied either 4th or 1st down. Who the fook knows with these refs.

Wow we didn't make that easy today but a win is a win and we still hold the No 1 seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Big Run from Boldin.

We got away with that one. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

GET IN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

P.H.E.W.
    Not a pretty win, but it's a win.

Boldin with a few important runs late in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Really missed Edelman today, shows how thin we are at WR.Tyms hardly got a look when he was the 3WR, can't see him being around for next year. Why can't we draft a good rookie WR like everyone else seems to be able to do?

• Advertisement

Glad to get the win and one step closer to the all important 1st seed. I have a feeling the bengals could beat the broncos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

If Broncos get beaten, you think some star players will be rested for the bills game :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oakland beating the Bills at the moment. If that continues then we will be facing a team next week who are out of the playoffs which has to be a good thing I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Most important thing today was to get the win. We were facing our most hated rival and I don't mind how we play in them games as long as we get the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

TO. wrote: »
    No idea its baffling. The chains clearly showed we were half an inch short. So to say we got the first down the ball should have been moved but then again after using the chains they never confirmed or denied either 4th or 1st down. Who the fook knows with these refs.

Just the camera angle, it was a first down when showed on the camera that looked down the line

Do we think there is any hope of Revis coming back next year? I doubt it so am hoping this will drive him even more in the post season to get a ring here.

kryogen wrote: »
    Just the camera angle, it was a first down when showed on the camera that looked down the line

Either way the refs should have been a bit more clear about the whole thing. It was only until after that one ref looked like he signaled first down but his arm was pointing to the sideline.

As for Revis it will depend on whether not we are willing to pony up and pay him. He has proven he should be earning top dollar so it will come down to Bobby Krafts pockets and our Salary cap.

If I read it correctly he will be a $25million cap hit next season though which makes it very unlikely that he will return unless there is a restructure done there, could have read it wrong maybe? Will look at it tomorrow

Actually, think he only has a one year deal with us so a restructure is the wrong choice of words there, basically he can follow the money, someone will pay the cash to get him on the roster I would just be shocked if it was the Patriots as things stand.

It will depend on how we finish in the playoffs. Gold, glory and legacy can be a strong motivation for an elite athlete in his prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Jets Vs Pats games are always tough but there was a lot of rubbish played on the field today. The offense was poor and once again for me it starts with the O line - they were absolutely shocking, particularly in the first half. Brady was sacked 4 times and hit, hurried or pressured 36 times out of a total 59 snaps (67% of all snaps). The O line needs to sort their shít out quick or our postseason could be very short. Since the Packers game, they had spells of poor play in every game since, but today was the worst in some time. Still baffled as to how Cannon can justify his recent multi-million dollar extension. The only thing he's doing well atm is false start penalties. Kline stepping in for Connolly was so poor, they had to bench him at half time. He's another lineman I can't see any justification for keeping on the roster next year. I'm sounding like a broken record, but the O line has to be our number one priority area in the next draft & FA.

I thought some of our Secondary was poor at times. Even more worrying to see it happening against the likes of Geno Smith. Chung was caught out on a couple of key plays. It's not the point in the season where we need the secondary starting to slip. So hopefully someone can bang some heads and refocus. The pass rush remains a rare and unpredictable beast and if this was to keep Smith in the pocket? Then I think they were paying way too much respect for a guy of his abilities. Logan Ryan continues to worry me a lot. Annoying to see the really stupid penalty given up by Butler, when he ran into a guy after he called for the fair catch. Nonsense like that could really hurt in big games.

Looking at the positives overall, it's good to win when playing badly. Some of the errors and poor play will serve as reminder for the team not to take their eyes of the ball. Redzone defense remains very solid and Brady once again flashed some nice footwork. With his 11 yard run being the pick of the bunch. The defense has carried the can in recent games and with this platform the offense has eventually got it done. But maybe it's a good thing that we really haven't been firing on all cylinders, for the full 60 minutes recently. And if we can sort that out, it could be a very enjoyable postseason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement