Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I went in 2008 (Dublin-Vegas for bout €400 back then). Didn't end well :(

tyr1.jpg

Ugh I hate that picture. Still hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

If i don't get the chance, just want to wish all the lads and lassies on here a happy Christmas. Really enjoy reading yer posts (for the most part ;) ) and the bit of banter surrounding the games, really makes me enjoy the games even more! So happy xmas to ya'll and i hope to post some photos of my trip to Foxboro up as i go or when i get home.

Peace and playoffs to you and yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

According to most reports looks like we are starting full strength on Sunday. Tom Brady seems fired up about Sunday also.

Happy Christmas to you all!

6570087949_2a887a892a_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

^ ^ ^

Ho-ho-ho yaaaa!

• Advertisement

I'd like to wish a very Happy Christmas to all my Patriot brothers & sisters here....

86TfuA.jpg

And here's hoping we all have a very Lombardi 2015....

68Fkzh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year. Looking forward to the early part of it for sure. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Alfonzo Dennard placed on IR. Josh Boyce promoted from practice squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Jonas Gray inactive tomorrow also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

TO. wrote: »
    Jonas Gray inactive tomorrow also

Hopefully just wrapping him up for the play offs, he will be a great weapon to have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

paulie21 wrote: »
    Alfonzo Dennard placed on IR. Josh Boyce promoted from practice squad
    Hopefully that's the reason why he's been behind Ryan this year. Very disappointing year for Ryan; thought he'd be part of a very deep secondary.

Doubt Boyce will see much game-time come the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Connolly, Vollmer, Hightower, Edelman, Gronkowski, Browner & Gray all inactive for #Patriots.

Good.

Gronk inactive. Thank you Bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Now just need to get Tom out of the game.
    Just a few series, and under pressure far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

That was like a preseason game.

me89 wrote: »
    That was like a preseason game.

One or two starters may have been out from the O line. But I am very concerned heading into the playoffs. The O line will either be the making or breaking of our success and atm, I fear for our chances and Brady's health against a strong defensive front. Right now I don't think we have the talent and depth on the O line to protect Brady and kick start the offense against the likes of the Seahawks.

One or two starters may have been out from the O line. But I am very concerned heading into the playoffs. The O line will either be the making or breaking of our success and atm, I fear for our chances and Brady's health against a strong defensive front. Right now I don't think we have the talent and depth on the O line to protect Brady and kick start the offense against the likes of the Seahawks.
    We've played all the teams heading to the playoffs on the AFC side except the Steelers. We've beaten them all too and the OL played well in those games.

This Bills team had their way against Aaron Rodgers a couple of weeks ago, they are tough. We never got out of second gear in that game anyways. I'm not at all worried by what I watched tonight for the the simple reason that it was a nothing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No read at all from tonights game, was an exhibition basically, but the O line needs to improve based on the last few weeks, the play offs will be tough enough without Brady getting knocked around all day

eagle eye wrote: »
    This Bills team had their way against Aaron Rodgers a couple of weeks ago, they are tough. We never got out of second gear in that game anyways. I'm not at all worried by what I watched tonight for the the simple reason that it was a nothing game.

Yes it wasn't a must win game but I'm looking at the performance of offense since the Phins game. It has stuttered in recent weeks and that worries me. The Jets & Bills have tough defensive fronts and even in the Phins game, it was our defense that made key plays in the game that turned it around. I'm hoping since these are all derby games & are naturally tougher, maybe we won't have have the same kind of offensive struggles playing teams outside our Division. But right now, I don't share your confidence, especially with our O line.

kryogen wrote: »
    No read at all from tonights game, was an exhibition basically, but the O line needs to improve based on the last few weeks, the play offs will be tough enough without Brady getting knocked around all day

I was actually thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Solder's injury kept him out so we could move Vollmer over to LT and put Cannon in at RT. Solder has just regressed so much for me that I can't see us paying him what he'll be due next season.

• Advertisement

If the Ravens win, we'll be hosting them.

If the Steelers win, we'll be hosting the winner of the Colts/Bengals.

You'd have to imagine the likely scenario is that we'll be hosting the Colts in the divisional round for the second year running.

I was actually thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Solder's injury kept him out so we could move Vollmer over to LT and put Cannon in at RT. Solder has just regressed so much for me that I can't see us paying him what he'll be due next season.
    Have you seen Vollmer at LT? It's not a good idea to move him there again imo.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have you seen Vollmer at LT? It's not a good idea to move him there again imo.

I have. I've also seen Solder at LT this season, and I'm also aware that his contract jumps to $7.5 million next year. Based on this season's play, he isn't worth anywhere near half that amount.

Unless we restructure, Solder is gone imo and we need to start thinking about how the line will look in his absence. And with Revis, McCourty, Vereen, Gostkowski etc. all needing new contracts, Solder could be the odd ones out. We should address it in the first 2 rounds of the draft, but I wouldn't be comfortable starting a rookie at LT straight away. Vollmer would be the only one I'd be happy with stepping in.

Our playoff game will take place on Saturday 11th January at 9:35PM

paulie21 wrote: »
    Our playoff game will take place on Saturday 11th January at 9:35PM

Saturday the 10th of January even

Speaking of getting rid of O linemen, Kline and Cannon would be first out the door for me. They have been absolutely woeful. Solder is a serious problem also but I wouldn't get rid of him. He suffered a couple of nasty concussions last year and I'm wondering is it affecting his play on a subconscious level because he hasn't been the same since. No question he has the athletic ability and talent, but I think his issues this season have been mental more than anything else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Hopefully this gesture won't go to waste, again. Some legend all the same

In a deal turned into NFL today, Tom Brady restructured his contract to give NE $24 million more in cash to spend this winter, per sources.

Under the new deal, Brady changed the $24 million in “skill” guarantee to only “injury” guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he were injured. Brady also now can be released from the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender. This frees up cash for the Patriots to use on other players. New England needs the cash to help re-sign some of its own free agents such as Darrelle Revis, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder and Shane Vereen, amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

So what does Brady cost against the cap and how does that compare to other QB's in the league?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

DBIreland wrote: »
    So what does Brady cost against the cap and how does that compare to other QB's in the league?

He is pretty much mid table, which says it all for an elite QB.

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap-hit/quarterback/

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that restructure has zero impact on the cap. It just gives us more immediate liquidity. His cap hit won't change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement