Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Josh, I take it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Think most of us having been waiting years to see that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Tristram wrote: »
    Definitely all over. Ravens have it in the bag. I'm off to bed. :rolleyes:

We are all having Spiralism moments tonight :D

Who went out injured there? I walked out of the room and missed what they said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Yeah, this game is absolutely bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm drained after that, so emotional. In a couple of days I think I'll be calling that one of the greatest playoff games in Patriots history.

That was one hell of a football game lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Heart attack stuff at the end. No idea what was happening or why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think I'll be calling that one of the greatest playoff games in Patriots history.

That was absolutely the most intense game I can remember. I'm exhausted, still shaking a bit and just don't feel right. The missus went off to bed at half time so it was just me and the cats, I'd say they could write a full detailed recap of that game with the amount of talking I was doing to them. They'll know who Danny Amendola is for the rest of their 9 lives I'd say!

Yess babyy. How the F did we manage that

• Advertisement

Plenty were saying the Ravens were the one team they didn't want, now we are through them is there a bit of confidence? I feel the pass rush and D overall is a huge concern but they got it done somehow tonight so Ill just celebrate that before moving on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I.Am.Wrecked!

Lots of stuff to recap, but not now.
    Credit to the team/staff for the comeback.

Full credit to the Ravens as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

My god what a game and what a great win.

Exhausted after that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Some game.... What a win...wrecked!

kryogen wrote: »
    Plenty were saying the Ravens were the one team they didn't want, now we are through them is there a bit of confidence? I feel the pass rush and D overall is a huge concern but they got it done somehow tonight so Ill just celebrate that before moving on!

Lack of a pass rush and our OL are the two biggest going forward.
    Damit, said I wasn't going to get into it!

The O line actually stood up very well tonight all things considered, they held it together, helped by the quick passing game of course but credit where it is due. Lets hope Stork gets back for next week

The O line actually stood up very well tonight all things considered, they held it together, helped by the quick passing game of course but credit where it is due. Lets hope Stork gets back for next week

They did well at times, helped by the quick release plays, but the pressure from the middle seemed to be a problem too often.
    To be honest, I had my head poking out from behind the couch so many times in that 2nd half, that I'll need to review the game in a more relaxed mode to judge it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Great win gents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Plenty were saying the Ravens were the one team they didn't want, now we are through them is there a bit of confidence?

I was one who wasn't delighted to be playing the Ravens, would have rathered the Colts or Bengals. Our game-plan dealt with the pass rush pretty well. Would like to see Stork back asap though. That game has my adrenaline pumping, hopefully the Seahawks/Panthers game will calm me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done lads. One heck of a game. An emotional rollercoster that was just impossible to know who was going to come out with the W.

• Advertisement

I had to smoke some strong stuff after that damn what an intense emotional rollercoaster and cracking game. Roll on next Sunday.

Edit: Paully D did you just read my mind with the Emotional Rollercoaster usage :D Posts at the same time also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    I hope Corvus has no internet right now, if he does he mightn't have a screen to watch the game on!

You have no idea bud, I had to keep an eye on the game via real time updates on Patriots.com. It was absolute torture not being able to watch it. Then again, I probably would have died watching it.

First the text updates me the Ravens were 7-0 and then 14 - 0 and I was like.....

7qg5zK.gif

And then Brady puts us in front and me and my mate were like.....

8nz3pb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Corvus, you missed the game? It was not good a good one for the heart. I think I would be stressing watching the replay of that one!

DBIreland wrote: »
    Corvus, you missed the game?

Ya, broadband was down to under 1Mbps. I was able to keeps tabs on the team website though. But I think that was even worse than watching the game because I was totally blind to what was going on. Even just reading the text updates and the play descriptions, you could tell it was an absolute cracker. Can't wait to see the game properly when my Broadband is sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Ya, broadband was down to under 1Mbps. I was able to keeps tabs on the team website though. But I think that was even worse than watching the game because I was totally blind to what was going on. Even just reading the text updates and the play descriptions, you could tell it was an absolute cracker. Can't wait to see the game properly when my Broadband is sorted.

That sucks but on the bright side, you'll probably live a couple of years longer now than the rest of the posters in this thread

Knowing the result will temper the emotional ride that it was but I guarantee it still has a huge effect on you in the same way a rollercoaster does when you get to see it!

Hazys wrote: »
    That sucks but on the bright side, you'll probably live a couple of years longer now than the rest of the posters in this thread

I kept clicking F5 to refresh the screen for play updates. By the end of the game, I was clicking the button and peeking through the fingers of one hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will go down as one of the great Pats playoff wins. Down by 14 twice. Put on the big boy pants. That was a seriously gutsy win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was some game, bit sorry I stayed up to watch it considering my little 1 was up at 6 this morning, lots of Peppa Pig today I think

• Advertisement

Think my heart rate is only back to normal now. Seriously gutsy win last night. Brady was brilliant except for that one brainfart. Defence stepped up late to make big plays, hopefully the first 3 quarters for them was just rustiness. Hopefully Stork is alright we need our best line to be intact

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement